Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

CB is a lullaby for Chucks bby I think. ..

Fine China..soty had she released it.. 100 score metacritic 

Both songs are god tiers but I just don't know why she scrapped FC. I think... this song is better than the 3 singles we have :toofunny:

Mmeow~

35 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

It’s her narrative. She gets to choose how she gets to present, modulate and live it. 

I for one can’t imagine how it feels like to have a good chunk of your output out there without you being able to control how and when it leaked. For her to be repurposing songs from her past with the clear intention to reclaim her narrative and delve into her past and present, it’s nothing short of spectacular. The least we could do is show some respect. We are a very invasive fandom. Abrasive even, at times.

We have no idea what other titles Taylor Swift thought of before coming up with Folklore. We have no idea if there was any back and forth in the tracklist of Abel’s After Hours. Did Ariana use any of her old demos to repurpose it/them into something that makes much more sense in the life she’s leading right now and gets to blossom in a full circle musically speaking? I personally have no clue. But we know most of these things when it comes to Lana and 90% of them are facts she never indeed shared with us/the world. For us to throw a fit over unreleased tracks that shouldn’t ever be released without her permission is incredibly arrogant. She’s been violated as an artist plenty of times. Let her take authority over her narrative the way she wishes to.

This isn’t to say she hasn’t been kinda unprofessional and irresponsible. The Rock Candy Sweet announcement, the release dates that never happened, the postponements… All of that was unnecessary and immature. However I’ll draw the line at seeing her fans criticizing her for tracklist back and forths or decisions to include tracks from years ago. That’s her decision as an artist. It’s her process, not ours. Period.

True but then again we’ve all listened to the unreleased stuff. It’s like impossible to resist really and just in our human nature we’d want to hear it, even unfair to expect fans to not listen to them. I do understand Lana must feel violated, but part of me thinks she should accept we’ve already heard them, I think my main issue is her doing a proper album of unreleased songs…rather then her just plopping them on a record randomly.

I’d also query how responsible Lana has been with security around her music, she had her laptop stolen and hard drives..horrible thing to happen. But she didn’t have basic security and encryption which she should have had, it’s like having a bike with no lock then complaining it’s got stolen.   So it’s not like she’s totally blameless in all this. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, DeluluKing said:

Both songs are god tiers but I just don't know why she scrapped FC. I think... this song is better than the 3 singles we have :toofunny:

maybe she is still uncomfortable with that song.... that shit hits pretty hard. 

don't get me wrong, I Can Fly could be a great addition to the album given its lyrics and she story she's telling but it just wouldn't make sense since it's already released and we have it. it's like if she were to redo Lolita for another album...?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, prettywhenimhigh said:

I can fly , ITTJ  and fine china can stay where they are :oopna2:

I can fly :awkney: Why we talk about that song? Stop it.

She should make an album with songs like YTH, Fine China, AFFA etc. They are meant to be together.

Properly reworked Fine China could be really one of her best songs if not the best.

Mmeow~

11 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Fine China..soty had she released it.. 100 score metacritic 

No, because same! I feel the critics would have eaten it up :defeated:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

8 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

No, because same! I feel the critics would have eaten it up :defeated:

the way literally all her songs would be soty had she released them today :crai: the 1,2,3 punch that is born to die, ultraviolence, honeymoon would have everyone gasping for air

mUENGN9.png

i think she might have scrapped fine china because she began to choose songs that fit along a similar narrative? thunder is quite recent, and cherry blossom fits with chuck’s recent baby. maybe she wants to use that song but felt it was out of place in the story of the record and the new direction she chose. so maybe we could see fine china in a future album (ldr8? :usrs:) when she finds a set of songs that tell the story clearer

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Just now, DeluluKing said:

I can fly :awkney: Why we talk about that song? Stop it.

She should make an album with songs like YTH, Fine China, AFFA etc. They are meant to be together.

Properly reworked Fine China could be really one of her best songs if not the best.

because it was supposed to be on the tracklist and we dodged a bullet right there, thank god she scrapped it it doesn't even make sense since it's already released

yeah I guess fine china is the best one from these I just can't with ITTJ and YTH and I think AFFA is cute and I dig the lyrics but it's so obvious to me why it never went anywhere because the sound and vibes are literally ride 2.0, but these being an EP with a "heaven on earth"  aesthetic or something like that would be pretty ngl

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

5 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

because it was supposed to be on the tracklist and we dodged a bullet right there, thank god she scrapped it it doesn't even make sense since it's already released

yeah I guess fine china is the best one from these I just can't with ITTJ and YTH and I think AFFA is cute and I dig the lyrics but it's so obvious to me why it never went anywhere because the sound and vibes are literally ride 2.0, but these being an EP with a "heaven on earth"  aesthetic or something like that would be pretty ngl

Angels Forever is better than Ride yVTBFMb.gif But It needs to be reworked.

Mmeow~

5 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Omg can u imagine a cover of 

OOOHH BABY DO U KNOW WHAT THATS WORTH MMMM HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH :kris: