Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

i cannot BELIEVE i missed the I Can Fly discourse that song is my fuckin BABY and the only thing that’s been keeping me from spontaneously shattering into a million pieces for the past three months :heidi:

you guys are probably right that it would’ve been stupid to have it on the new album since it’s already released and easily accessible on spotify, but there’s a tiny part of me that would’ve just loooooved to see that underrated gem get some more shine <33 also the possibility of having a live performance of that song WOW

Wq9zHLl.jpg

7 hours ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

some girlies would really be mad if BB isn't the opener of the album cuz of her consistent #1 and #2 flip flop of the title track on each album. it would ruin the tradition. :godlaugh2:

but honestly, i'd love for BB to not be the opener this time. it doesn't have that good, signature instrumental intro that lana openers do. i hope she breaks this tradition. :ma:

I am one if these people my biggest pet peeve is when people make a tracklist for the upcoming album and it doesn't have the flip flop 1, 2 thing and if she broke that tradition I don't know what I would do.

dRYgpWK.gif 

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

I was convinced without a sliver of a doubt that Arcadia was coming today and now it’s like… not so I’m just having a lot of trouble processing this… help 

42 minutes ago, WhiteHot4ever said:

I read the lyrics why do you think that the song reiterated the mother/daughter theme?

As @Surf Noir mentioned, the song is dedicated to Jane Powers, a friend of hers since 2008! Some of the lyrics also seem to suggest that Jane was a bit of a mother figure, when Lana otherwise didn’t really have one, perhaps internalizing accusations of being a “wild child” by her own mother (“but you never cared about my name, and darling, I never meant to defy you” “I never meant to be bad or unwell, I was just living on the edge - right between Heaven and Hell, and I’m tired of it”). The chorus speaks directly to Jane, whereas the bridge seems to shed light on her own mother.

There’s also a distinction between who is being addressed in the verses and the chorus, as Lana mentions “sweet Baby Jane” in the same verse wherein she speaks directly to someone else. But then in the chorus, we know she’s speaking to Jane, so again - there’s that dual perspective. Hope that makes sense! :)

Lana to Loved You Now and Then, Fine China and Yes To Heaven with every album they're considered for

gtUe0hL.gif

CHARLI XCX PUNK EP: 

01 Sucker 02 Better Than Ur Last Thing
03 Allergic To Love 04 Lightning Bolts

05 I'm A Dream 06 Mow That Lawn

1 hour ago, Diamantes WILD said:

wait up my sched's been torpedoed all over the place today was this already discussed?

It was from her latest Insta post, where she is « presenting » the producers of BB… 

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It was from her latest Insta post, where she is « presenting » the producers of BB… 

ah yeah i remember i think at the start it wasn't discussed as much or maybe it was earlier i honestly dk, but i jst wanna know what that means. like normally we'd be all over it by now and everyone's stanning the producers n what they might've produced etc 

UV/Honeymoon

3 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

ah yeah i remember i think at the start it wasn't discussed as much or maybe it was earlier i honestly dk, but i jst wanna know what that means. like normally we'd be all over it by now and everyone's stanning the producers n what they might've produced etc 

she already worked with zach, dean, and benjy (produced NFR and 25 by adele) drew produced arcadia and titanic rising by weyes blood

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

nooooooooooooooted ty gonna do more research on them ah

okay I didn't really look up myself I just saw that info on someone else's post

actually benji played guitar both on NFR and summertime the gershwin version

drew played horn and piano on summertime the gershwin version

michael worked as assistant engineer on 25 by adele and also on joanne by lady gaga

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

10 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

okay I didn't really look up myself I just saw that info on someone else's post

actually benji played guitar both on NFR and summertime the gershwin version

drew played horn and piano on summertime the gershwin version

michael worked as assistant engineer on 25 by adele and also on joanne by lady gaga

BORN TO DIE?? Summer Bummer n thereeeeeeeeeest 

UV/Honeymoon

Sometimes I wonder what if BOZ is lying to us or Lana's team managed a way to keep info secured or leak fake stuff to mislead insiders?

It would be so fun if the tracklist comes and it's nothing similar to what we expect.

Imagine Lana doing 50 different tracklists with each one having random unreleaseds to fuck with people :thumb3:

(I know he's reliable and probably right tho)

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Sometimes I wonder what if BOZ is lying to us or Lana's team managed a way to keep info secured or leak fake stuff to mislead insiders?

It would be so fun if the tracklist comes and it's nothing similar to what we expect.

Imagine Lana doing 50 different tracklists with each one having random unreleaseds to fuck with people :thumb3:

tbh i lowkey want that. itd keep things in control so nobody has expectations.

16 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

the plan for this album has changed enough times.... maybe they are fucking with boz :oprah3:

sUcVobB.png