Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

cherry blossom feels like butterflies, strawberries, summer breeze, vintage tea cups, sun rays, and being cradled. i will be 100% happy if its just lana and the piano on this one. its absolutely magical :wub:

2 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

cherry blossom feels like butterflies, strawberries, summer breeze, vintage tea cups, sun rays, and being cradled. i will be 100% happy if its just lana and the piano on this one. its absolutely magical :wub:

strings would be amazing too I've been thinking of them :wub:

2 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

2jWN8wF.jpg

someone tell her to post the track list :oprah3:

LA SISTERS QUICKLY :oprah3:

1 minute ago, be sweet said:

strings would be amazing too I've been thinking of them

i don't listen to cherry blossom often and every time i see its title and try to remember how it sounds i think it has strings:barrie: manifesting strings on CB:illumilana:

I haven't synesthesia, but if I have to describe each track by colors it is:

Blue Banisters: dark blue, cobalt blue

Text Book: baby blue, light hot pink

Wildflower Wildfire: golden, beige-ish light brown

Thunder: golden, midnight blue

Cherry Blossom: navy, mexican pink

17 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Not that it really matters, but I wonder how well the album will be received by reviewers. The three singles that were released in May set the bar pretty high already. Thunder is the kind of song critics will love if they loved the vibe of NFR, and CB is one of Lana’s most touching songs ever. I’m a bit worried critics will call her lazy for including six previously unreleased tracks on her new album, but it’d be unfair, they’re supposed to judge the quality of the music, not how many old songs have been recycled for the album. 

I think critics will really enjoy this album. I can see BB getting the same (if not more) acclaim as NFR.

About the leaked songs, I don't know if they even care/are going to notice and we don't know how many songs are unheard. According to BOZ there are 6 outtakes, 1 being the Barrie song that's unheard and the other 5 (including CB and Thunder) where at least 1 more leaked.

18 minutes ago, The Siren said:

A note for the people expecting the old song be re recorded for the new album, I don't think Yosemite was re recorded from L4L sessions. 

But that was the only time (that we know) and the song didn't leak before being officially released. Black Beauty, BAR and BPBP were changed, even Yayo had like 3 different versions depending on the time it was released. Zach (and the other new producers) looks too involved in the album to just have made a couple of songs. The lastest post with all of them looks like an introduction to the record (like the Lana & Dan pics) so I'm confident that they made the album almost from scratch (even if they are using some old Lana demos).

Also Lana has so many versions that we don't even know if the ones that leaked were the final ones meant for the corresponding album or just a more finished demo :thumb2:

giphy.gif

What interest me the most about the tracklist, is to get the track info, like who produced each track, what instruments were played, etc. :oprah4:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

What interest me the most about the tracklist, is to get the track info, like who produced each track, what instruments were played, etc. :oprah4:

the huge sighs of relief I'll let out when I see Thunder and Cherry Blossom :defeated:

7 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

if an insider could even just say there's a CHANCE of electric guitar i'd lose it

or a flute! take me back to her early production days :crying:

mUENGN9.png

assuming mike dean will be the main producer of ldr9, there's a likely possibly they'll be electric guitar, doesn't mike dean work with synthesized eletric guitar? :smile: 

i also wouldn't be surprised if dealer had electric guitar, maybe living legend if it's a part of the album :smile: 

imagine the "right between heaven & hell, and i'm tired of it" part being a climatic build-up with heavy drums into the bridge with intense electric guitars :trisha: like the shades of cool bridge :trisha: 

WGe8ynS.gif

18 minutes ago, tulsa shanice freak said:

it’s official, tentatively track 5 Happy Birthday Mr President The Re-Up

Your name :thumb:

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

imagine the "right between heaven & hell, and i'm tired of it" being a climatic build-up with heavy drums into the bridge with intense electric guitars :trisha: like the shades of cool bridge :trisha: 

mike can take us to the fiery pits of hell just like how he set the drums on fire at the end of ww :true:

mUENGN9.png

11 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i still really like the idea of tv in black & white being one of the reworked unreleased songs, it works so well, and it'd be interesting to see how'd present day lana would interpret a song she wrote in 2011 :legend: 

TIB&W was already reworked into Textbook chorus melody and beats. Same with the Afraid melody in Arcadia. I don't she'll include these as full songs. Also, I think we might be getting lots of reused melodies and even lyrical references from old demos and unreleased songs. 

I have a really good feeling about something happening at the start of next month, especially if the album is due for a fall release 

imageproxy.jpg