Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

what do you think listen to it like you listened to video games means? same vibe, similar lyrics, does she reference something from that era? i remember when the snippet just came out some people said the melody was reminding them of afraid :flutter: 

1 minute ago, empty sky said:

what do you think listen to it like you listened to video games means? same vibe, similar lyrics, does she reference something from that era? i remember when the snippet just came out some people said the melody was reminding them of afraid :flutter: 

i don't think she's comparing the two at all (she didn't say: listen if you LIKE video games, after all) 

but i do get the feeling she was surprised by the adoration video games received, especially since VG explores loving a mediocre man, rly surrendering yourself to that love, which is controversial when written plainly bc some can read it as... lacking girlboss energy. so i think she maybe just would like people to be open-minded again when it comes to arcadia 

:xcry:

mUENGN9.png

3 minutes ago, empty sky said:

I think the song will be about being in love and you cannot get your hands off your lover. Or maybe it’s a more « grownup » version of Video Games… (it has nothing to do with it, but Arcadia sounds a bit like arcade… video game/arcade…). Can’t wait to hear that song on Wednesday.

3 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I know anybody can edit the Lana Del Rey Wikia page, but it says that an insider says there are 5 songs from previous years. Yall know how I feel about insiders -- they might be right but I'll never 100% believe them. That said, I haven't heard about that, and that's fine (because it most likely means we'll hear new versions of those songs - not just old unmastered versions, these will be fully mastered songs if true) but it got me thinking... maybe she switched Blue Banisters and Rock Candy Sweet for a reason -- reason being. Back in March before COCC dropped, she said she had 2 albums she was writing. What if one wasn't really a full new album, but she was wanting to put some final touches on stuff and she saved a lot of the newer stuff for Rock Candy Sweet and at the time of her posting the Insta post, she thought RCS could be ready by the time she wanted it out, but it wouldn't be, so she was already working on a few other things, moved around the tracklists a bit to make more sense, and BB made more sense to release first, and then we could get RCS next year maybe? Idk I'm still not convinced there was only ever 1 album that was meant to be announced but she kind of made a mistake at first announcing RCS and here we are. and we know Lana, she always makes last minute decision changes

this... is exactly why I think RCS and BB were originally 2 separate albums, not one and the same. it makes absolute sense for there to be 2 records, but she switched parts of the tracklist because of timing and needing to finish one, rather than working on 2 simultaneously.

It’s really almost impossible to know for sure with her, but I’m not sure if BB and RCS are really two separate projects or just one project that shifted directions. I think for both the concept is « Let’s revisit the past » , by going back to her older catalogue (it’s the only « sane » explanation I see for her to have mentioned the June 1 release date when we were so close already to it: she didn’t think she’d have much work to do, if the album was mostly about already done songs). We still don’t know for sure how many leaked tracks there are on BB, but according to BoZ, she seems to prefer new music instead of leaked songs. But maybe the « RCS part » of BB got tossed aside. 

I'm so excited for Arcadia I got diarrhea &  could throw up:trisha:

HOW AM I ABLE TO SURVIVE THE NEXT 4 DAYS...I NEED IT NOW :lange:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

like @Alison by Slowdive said, i think the video games caption is telling people to be open minded about the song. it seems quite sexual and could potentially explore her submissiveness? this would make sense with her ‘revenge’ narrative, making songs about the topics she was dragged for with the sound of the music that got critically acclaimed. kind of like a fuck you i’ll write what i want to the critics. this would make sense as she mentioned her submissiveness etc and how she was attacked for it in QFTC :smokes3:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

I can't take it anymore LMAO I live at/on/in a place (street, crescent, drive, boulevard, apartment?? who knows :creep: tryna be vague) LITERALLY called Arcadia and my head is gonna explode :') I CAAAAAN'T with this song. How'd this happen sjhgjskhgjksdhg is this involving god, or what. ANYWAY I AM READY.

:sluttybunny::sluttybunny::sluttybunny::sluttybunny::sluttybunny::sluttybunny::sluttybunny::sluttybunny:

20 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

something very big is coming tonight 

told ya'll :sass:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

On Wednesday we finally enter the golden gates of Arcadia, the land of fixed weather vanes,  the land of Wildflowers & Wildfires, the place where we can rewrite our history in our Text Books, the place we are supposed to paint the Banisters blue, green & grey :lange:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

13 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

im more excited for the tracklist and preorder than the snooze song

I keep convincing myself that the rest of the song is symphonic like the chorus of Video Games. 

Manifesting a non piano flop... 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 hour ago, StillOnMyMind said:

Which day of October do you guys think she is releasing the album? My bets are on the 22th since Coldplay are releasing on the 15th and Ed Sheeran on the 29th. October 1st and 8th are quite improbable since it’s too soon (but who knows with her).

To be honest, I still don’t quite believe it’s coming in October. Even though the insider has been proved right with Arcadia. If it’s really coming in October, it would be the end of that month.

It’s a bit off-topic, but hey, they are both on the cover so…

what’s the deal with Tex and Mex? Are they her dogs? Niko and Topanga are hers for sure, but the dogs? 

1 hour ago, StillOnMyMind said:

Which day of October do you guys think she is releasing the album? My bets are on the 22th since Coldplay are releasing on the 15th and Ed Sheeran on the 29th. October 1st and 8th are quite improbable since it’s too soon (but who knows with her).

Interscope doesn't seem to mind it that much. Just this year they've had many instances of records being announced next to their release, such as:

- Olivia Rodrigo announcing SOUR a month and a week before its release;

- Gaga announcing the Chromatica remix the same week as its release date;

- Kacey Musgraves dropping the lead single to her new album two weeks before it (August 23 for a September 10 release date).

Blue Banisters has had its title (and possible cover art) out there for quite a while now, and since we've had a triple single already I doubt we'll get any other single after Arcadia; so an early October date isn't too soon for the label's standard. That said, I do think early November is more plausible since pressing apparently started in August.