Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

24 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

My aunt’s baby is due in November, so I’d literally die of happiness is the album was also coming in November! Because of the lyrics, the title track has become one of my favourite songs ever, and it’d be so meaningful to me if the album came out around the same time my aunt gives birth.

Congrats on the new addition to the family. 

It is always so beautiful when we can relate music to events in our lives. It creates a really special connection and memory that will forever endure. I love seeing the title track praise. Just want to note BB’s true supremacy lol.  

Cherry Blossom also kind of adds to that special event. 

Very happy we finally have concrete news. So excited for this record. I’m so curious and intrigued. I think it is going to be very special. 

complain about the album when it's finally released - for the time being lemme remind y'all :pout:

Blue Banisters: piano + organs + ambient synths

Text Book: synths + drums + guitars

Wildflower Wildfire: keyboards (synth and piano) + organ + electronic elements

Thunder (assuming it's not reworked instrument wise): drums + electric guitars + those cute bell sounds (that she better keep)

Cherry Blossom (unless reworked): just piano

just to mention those elements are on par with some of her best lyrics to date so stop yapping - there's obvious variation Lana is a genius :oprah3:

4 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Stop exaggerating, I never said someone ONLY wants trap bangers, wasn't talking about you either. We know this album will be very slow, there can be a nice variety of instruments, but she's still in that "piano flops" mood. 

VeniceBeach (asking about Arcadia): Is it only piano???

BlackoutZone: Yes, it’s pretty similar throughout, but she serves vocals. It’s more than 4 minutes long too

Oh sorry I thought you talked about another thing BOZ said, about the general sound of the album

I was just annoyed that when you critize piano ppl automatically say you only want trap or BTD 2.0 (in general, not you), maybe you mentioning trap triggered me a bit 

Let's wait & see what this album has in store for us & let's celebrate Arcadia is coming :party:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I want Lana to serve again with a rich production, a lot of interesting instruments like on Honeymoon, be passionate about her art, but I accepted the fact that she's doing only what she wants to do. Good for her, but Chemtrails is my least favorite album, and my expectations for BB are very low too, I'm keeping myself from the disappointment. 

If it's 12 tracks, then we've heard most of the album already. 

One day I was looking at the credits of Honeymoon and how many interesting instruments they used for it. That was Lana at her peak, in my opinion. Now she uses one small part of it. 

Spoiler

Rick Nowels  – acoustic guitar (tracks 1, 10); electric guitar (tracks 2, 4, 6, 9, 10, 14); bass (tracks 1, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14); synthesizers (tracks 1–7, 9–13); mellotron (tracks 1, 4, 7, 9, 12, 14), piano (tracks 1–3, 10, 12); organ (tracks 1, 4, 5, 11, 13, 14); chamberlin (tracks 10, 13); electric piano (tracks 4, 12); keyboards (track 5); percussion (track 10); celesta (track 14)

Kieron Menzies  – synthesizers (tracks 5, 7, 11); drum programming (tracks 1, 2, 4–7, 9, 11, 13); synth bass (tracks 4–6, 11); percussion (tracks 2, 6, 7, 10); sampler (tracks 2, 4, 5, 11); effects (tracks 1, 3, 5); loops (tracks 9, 13)

Leon Michels  – winds, keyboards, saxophone, flute, juno, synthesizer, synthesizer pads

Brian Griffin – congas, drums, percussion

And many more. That's what I wish for new Lana music, but it's pretty clear we're not getting that. 

12 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

I want Lana to serve again with a rich production, a lot of interesting instruments like on Honeymoon, be passionate about her art, but I accepted the fact that she's doing only what she wants to do. Good for her, but Chemtrails is my least favorite album, and my expectations for BB are very low too, I'm keeping myself from the disappointment. 

If it's 12 tracks, then we've heard most of the album already. 

didn’t u just drag me for wanting pretty much the same thing

maybe her new music is not for u and u should accept it :headache:

October 8th would be exactly 1 month after the preorder so it makes sense and it's also the week with the least competition on the charts (in the US at least)
Sam Fender is releasing on the 8th tho so maybe she won't get the top spot in the UK (sad cause I think every album of hers except HM hit number 1 there). 

By the way why is she looking so menacing and intimidating on the Arcadia single cover? :thumb2:

giphy.gif

Just now, heroinmelodies said:

didn’t u just drag me for wanting pretty much the same thing

maybe her new music is not for u and u should accept it :headache:

I accepted that, that's what I literally said in this comment? Try to read next time. 

14 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

One day I was looking at the credits of Honeymoon and how many interesting instruments they used for it. That was Lana at her peak, in my opinion. Now she uses one small part of it. 

Hide contents

Rick Nowels  – acoustic guitar (tracks 1, 10); electric guitar (tracks 2, 4, 6, 9, 10, 14); bass (tracks 1, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14); synthesizers (tracks 1–7, 9–13); mellotron (tracks 1, 4, 7, 9, 12, 14), piano (tracks 1–3, 10, 12); organ (tracks 1, 4, 5, 11, 13, 14); chamberlin (tracks 10, 13); electric piano (tracks 4, 12); keyboards (track 5); percussion (track 10); celesta (track 14)

Kieron Menzies  – synthesizers (tracks 5, 7, 11); drum programming (tracks 1, 2, 4–7, 9, 11, 13); synth bass (tracks 4–6, 11); percussion (tracks 2, 6, 7, 10); sampler (tracks 2, 4, 5, 11); effects (tracks 1, 3, 5); loops (tracks 9, 13)

Leon Michels  – winds, keyboards, saxophone, flute, juno, synthesizer, synthesizer pads

And many more. That's what I wish for new Lana music, but it's pretty clear we're not getting that. 

honeymoon's instrumentals remain lana's best, it would've been a magnum opus if it weren't for the lacking lyrics

disappointed i wasn't online when lana posted the arcadia announcement and i couldn't have a collective breakdown with you guys :trisha: so excited for arcadia and the album and the tracklist post next week :silly:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

11 hours ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Hide contents

We stan an artist who uses live instruments. I kinda got sick of fake ass instruments a.k.a. "You think you are listening to a guitar and real drums but it's actually all computers :lmaoney:

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 minute ago, honeymo0n said:

disappointed i wasn't online when lana posted the arcadia announcement and i couldn't have a collective breakdown with you guys :trisha:

We could pretend that she posted it some seconds ago and repeat the meltdown with you bestie :trisha:

Oh nooooooooo this Sam fender person is signed to polydor as well...PLZ I BEG YOU. RELEASE ON OCT 8TH ITSELF LANA.

U HAVE BETTER CHANCE VS THIS SAM FENDER than vs coldplay/ed/elton/gaga

POLYDOR PLZ DONT MAKE HER RELEASE some other day due to Sam.

Omgie imagine the headlines Polydor <3 u have 2 records on same day! That's soooo nice right..RIGHT??????

Pls this sam didnt even chart on US BB 200

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Oh nooooooooo this Sam fender person is signed to polydor as well...PLZ I BEG YOU. RELEASE ON OCT 8TH ITSELF LANA.

U HAVE BETTER CHANCE VS THIS SAM FENDER than vs coldplay/ed/elton/gaga

POLYDOR PLZ DONT MAKE HER RELEASE some other day due to Sam.

Omgie imagine the headlines Polydor <3 u have 2 records on same day! That's soooo nice right..RIGHT??????

Pls this sam didnt even chart on US BB 200

who's sam fender?

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

19 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

October 8th would be exactly 1 month after the preorder so it makes sense and it's also the week with the least competition on the charts (in the US at least)
Sam Fender is releasing on the 8th tho so maybe she won't get the top spot in the UK (sad cause I think every album of hers except HM hit number 1 there). 

By the way why is she looking so menacing and intimidating on the Arcadia single cover? :thumb2:

I don’t think she will have any problems running against Sam Fender. UK fucking loves her, much more than America at this point, me think :popcorn:

2 minutes ago, COCC said:

We could pretend that she posted it some seconds ago and repeat the meltdown with you bestie :trisha:

omg a dream :trisha:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif