Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

13 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

When I read that back in the day I thought that it was related to live performances, so maybe an album of live performances?

I have seen very few of her live performances (live with audience, that is, in a concert) that would justify being released on a live album, even if culled from many different performances.  

Personally, I think that, like Debbie Harry and Stevie Nicks, Lana really doesn't sound very good live in concert, unlike, say, Tori Amos, Brandi Caryle, or Fiona Apple, or from generations earlier, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell, Linda Ronstadt or Ann Wilson. Men tend to sing in a lower voice (Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Barrie James), but even those who use(d) falsetto a lot, like Jeff Buckley and Tyler Joseph, are often crystal clear, with Buckley being the male standout when it comes to falsetto. 

On the LFL tour, it seemed like 9/10ths of the concert was the audience singing every song at Lana's encouragement. 

When Mermaid Motel is released as a single and becomes a worldwide smash hit :hype:

imageproxy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

On the LFL tour, it seemed like 9/10ths of the concert was the audience singing every song at Lana's encouragement. 

She never sounded better than on the LFL-concert in Madrid. That was such a magic night :oprah:

Just now, rock candy sweet said:

wait why are we talking about aka rerelease? did i miss something-

Ben and Ed are both hinting at a double album release on Instagram, and we're just throwing around different theories (although the AKA one is based mainly on the references that have been made to it throughout the year, like the PSB video and the Brite Lites reference on LDRVillage)

imageproxy.jpg

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I have seen very few of her live performances (live with audience, that is, in a concert) that would justify being released on a live album, even if culled from many different performances.  

Personally, I think that, like Debbie Harry and Stevie Nicks, Lana really doesn't sound very good live in concert, unlike, say, Tori Amos, Brandi Caryle, or Fiona Apple, or from generations earlier, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell, Linda Ronstadt or Ann Wilson. Men tend to sing in a lower voice (Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Barrie James), but even those who use(d) falsetto a lot, like Jeff Buckley and Tyler Joseph, are often crystal clear, with Buckley being the male standout when it comes to falsetto. 

Well, it doesn't really have to be taken from her usual setlists on tour. I think the live performances she did for the BBCR1 in 2015 for 'Honeymoon', 'Terrence Loves You' and 'High By The Beach' sounded great and maybe a project with such live versions could be really nice.

Regarding the LA To The Moon Tour, I watched a lot of videos online about that tour as it was happening and I thought the same, but I was pleasently surprised when I saw her and even though I was very skeptical at first about whether she would use a lot of background pre-recorded vocals, I actually could hear her live singing perfectly and she sounded great.

I think it’s AKA renamed as Rock Candy Sweet. Which would explain her “revenge” post mentioning RCS as it could contain songs like Put me in a movie, kill kill, etc. It all makes sense now. QFTC MAKES SENSE NOW. ?

7 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

YOU TWO AGREEING WITH EACH OTHER? OMG THE WORLD REALLY TURNS

BAHAHAHAHAH they contain multitudes. And yes bitches we are buying champagne for Wednesday when we get TWO FUCKING PREORDERS AT THE SAME TIME. :candy:

ok but id cry if we got a aka rerelease 

there’s just something about that album that’s so pure???? like lana just livin her life, livin her dream singing even though (at the time) she wasn’t at all popular

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

1 minute ago, Crys10 said:

I think it’s AKA renamed as Rock Candy Sweet. Which would explain her “revenge” post mentioning RCS as it could contain songs like Put me in a movie, kill kill, etc. It all makes sense now. QFTC MAKES SENSE NOW. ?

No that doesn't make sense. Why change the album title? She might as well rewrite the lyrics too

Just now, The Siren said:

No that doesn't make sense. Why change the album title? She might as well rewrite the lyrics too

Maybe because she’ll add more songs to it. YTH, Fine China, Backfire ?

My thoughts and prayers are going out to all of our bank accounts for when we have not one, but two pre-orders :pray2:

imageproxy.jpg