Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I’ll be delusional & give my full thoughts on a Lana conspiracy that other users have echoed as well:

What if Blue Banisters is Lana’s version of the unreleased/leaked record, and Ben’s “album()” caption is indicative of a double release? Currently, it is speculated that 6 of the tracks are from past recordings; that’s likely about half of the record. 

So, what if BB, WW, and TB are “extras” or outtakes from current (or recent-ish) projects she’s working on? With her strong emphasis on telling her own story, an unreleased record that stretches to the present might make sense. 

Also, if you look at the songwriting on Arcadia, it’s so reminiscent of her early lyricism. Not only that, but Lana also announced two separate albums with different names back to back (RCS and BB). Lana has been pondering the unreleased record since LFL era, at least, and Ben did say there’s something they’ve always wanted to pull off…Just my thoughts:popcorn:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I’ll be delusional & give my full thoughts on a Lana conspiracy that other users have echoed as well:

What if Blue Banisters is Lana’s version of the unreleased/leaked record, and Ben’s “album()” caption is indicative of a double release? Currently, it is speculated that 6 of the tracks are from past recordings; that’s likely about half of the record. 

So, what if BB, WW, and TB are “extras” or outtakes from current (or recent-ish) projects she’s working on? With her strong emphasis on telling her own story, an unreleased record that stretches to the present might make sense. 

Also, if you look at the songwriting on Arcadia, it’s so reminiscent of her early lyricism. Not only that, but Lana also announced two separate albums with different names back to back (RCS and BB). Lana has been pondering the unreleased record since LFL era, at least, and Ben did say there’s something they’ve always wanted to pull off…Just my thoughts:popcorn:

Ooh I like this :popcorn:

the way wildflower wildfire is already one of the best songs on bb

Edited by Clampigirl
Edited to delete ex-cs GIFs

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

wait, what if this is why some insiders have been fairly quiet? What if they know a double-release is coming & that they’ve been urged to stay quiet. I mean, this is probably taken a lot more seriously than a single release 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

What intrigues me the most is, are we gonna get two albums at the same time? Or is she going to release BB and then later this year the supposedly second album? It’d be kinda weird to get, let’s say, BB and the album of unreleased at the same time, especially when BB already contains 6 unreleased (why use these ones instead of freshly written ones and put out another album of unreleased songs the same time?) 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 minute ago, FallingCherry said:

What intrigues me the most is, are we gonna get two albums at the same time? Or is she going to release BB and then later this year the supposedly second album? It’d be kinda weird to get, let’s say, BB and the album of unreleased at the same time, especially when BB already contains 6 unreleased (why use these ones instead of freshly written ones and put out another album of unreleased songs the same time?) 

I think it’s possible, but Ben emphasizing two records at the same time (both being *soon*) in his caption makes me feel they could be simultaneous releases…I know it’s wishful thinking, but I want to believe:toofloppy:

Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Because every past album has recycled unreleased songs of previous eras

28 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

It's not fake. It was mentioned in an interview in October/November 2015 (I think it was actually for Billboard). But to me it sounded more like a short film like Tropico rather than an actual movie.

Nvm anyways I forgot Ben said album() not project() :crossed: but either way it would kinda slay, it kinda matches the Hope video she just dropped….a starlet going crazy in her house :oprah: imagine that combined with her Complex magazine 2017 vibe

UbsOye5.png

3 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Because every past album has recycled unreleased songs of previous eras

Yeah but putting 6 unreleased on an album isn’t the same as putting one or two, and it’d be quite weird to see her release the album of unreleased songs at the same time as BB. If both albums are gonna be released at the same time, and if the six unreleased she chose for BB help her tell her story, why not keep them for the album of unreleased and use new songs for the new album instead? That’s why I don’t think the supposedly second album is going to be released at the same time, or if it is, I don’t think it’s gonna be the unreleased one 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

y’all, what if that’s why Mike Dean refused to tell Anthony Fantano about his future work with Lana…it’s that or the country record. I dunno

Sylvia Plath