Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

Well, then she can keep it 

thats-just-me-personally-my-opinion.gif

2 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Yeah probably but somehow I hope & pray Blue Banisters won't be the opener:bebe:

I think it's the best song of the three singles and one of my faves from her, so i'm not mad to start off with a punch :legend:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

She'll continue the tradition - Blue Banisters is going to be the opening track 

Maybe the unreleased album will be first with the opening title track and bb will be actually second :umadney:

Mmeow~

all those NEWS and UPDATES from Lana & her team is making me appreciate the triple singles on a whole new level :rollin:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1 minute ago, gsnlp said:

Will be the song with Bernie me thinks 

A political masterpiece anthem incoming ft. Bernie Sanders or?:dua:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

5 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I think it's the best song of the three singles and one of my faves from her, so i'm not mad to start off with a punch :legend:

I like BB too but it starts so abruptly & usually her openers have some instrumental playing in the beginning, the outro is haunting &  it would be so nice to close the album with it :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, 13beachess said:

A political masterpiece anthem incoming ft. Bernie Sanders or?:dua:

I‘m once again asking you to listen to a song like you listened to Video Games

mqdefault.jpg

Hello everyone. I've been lurking on these boards for far too long but I finally decided to sign up after the recent news about the release of Arcadia! 

I haven't been this excited for a Lana record in a long time actually. There's something deeply moving and profound about the lyrics of the three singles she released in May. This could be her most sophisticated and contemplative work to date. But I also admire the subtle development of her sound as well. This is very nuanced work and at first one might assume that this is the continuation of the NFR/COCC sound - although I think that NFR is quite different to COCC anyway - but I don't think this is the case at all: Blue Banisters with its dreamy ambient soundscape and its otherworldly outro; Wildflower Wildfire with its distorted and intentionally artificial drum sounds; Text Book with its subtle gospel and jazz influences. 

I've been trying to keep up with all the information we've received. A 15-track album will be absolutely wonderful. I remember the insider mentioning that she chose some unfinished/rough demos over some of his favourite unreleased tracks which were originally chosen (Fine China for example), so I think that 2 of the 5 outtakes must be completely new to us (I suppose one of them will be Dealer after all). So I think that Dealer, the Barrie song - I'm not entirely sure this is an Ultraviolence outtake because the insider implied that Barrie and Lana had a session earlier this year; they might have reworked something they wrote together years ago, but it could be something new; this sort of makes sense with the narrative of Lana making peace and revisiting her past with this record - and potentially a third outtake could be completely new to us. For some bizarre reason I feel that the third "known" song, besides Cherry Blossom and Thunder, will be Color Blue/Wild on You/Nectar of the Gods. 

I'm excited about the other album that will be released after Blue Banisters (or simultaneously! lol, you never know with Lana). Given the fact that she's been reworking several unreleased tracks and almost included several of them on Blue Banisters, I guess she might have decided to include those that fit the narrative of Blue Banisters better and has put the rest of them on the album with the unreleased tracks collection. Or it could be AKA after all. But I wouldn't be shocked if Lana has already started working on her ninth album (with Mike Dean) and she releases that one next Spring/early summer. It could be anything at this point. She's incredibly prolific. 

Anyway, these are my two cents. I'm very excited for this era. The Arcadia snippet is heavenly and the music video seems to blend sexiness with melancholia in a very unique way that immediately brought to my mind her early work and DIY MVs (which are trademark Lana basically). Perhaps it all comes full circle. 

i’m all for bb being the opening track. it’ll fit the “pattern” and imo it’s the best of the 3 singles so far. also still sounds so fresh to me after hundreds of listened maybe ur all just tasteless idk :hottie:

anyways i’m claiming track 6 which will be pretty when you crys more tragic sister “liz, i’m calling from california” :krylie:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

3 minutes ago, archiemm said:

i’m all for bb being the opening track. it’ll fit the “pattern” and imo it’s the best of the 3 singles so far. also still sounds so fresh to me after hundreds of listened maybe ur all just tasteless idk :hottie:

anyways i’m claiming track 6 which will be pretty when you crys more tragic sister “liz, i’m calling from california” :krylie:

No, this album has to start with strings and I don’t even care. This tradition she cannot break! I won’t die in peace if she breaks it. 

puppy-please.gif

0YnL0Kf.gif

5 minutes ago, archiemm said:

BB is actually a timeless god tier classic

Mmeow~

Weirdly this is the first time she's going to lead an album without a high budget MV supporting it. Maybe we'll get the title track real MV next month with the release of the full thing but who knows. 

The homemade visuals match the delicate and more intimate sound/lyrics tho

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

She'll continue the tradition - Blue Banisters is going to be the opening track 

Exactly! I was about to tell you all this :P

It’s actually very simple because she never changed the tradition, so if the album is still named “Blue Banisters” (and 90% it is), the first track is BB period :hooker:

Blue Banisters will either be the opener or the closer. The abrupt opening ("There's a picture on the wall...") indicates immediacy: no fancy intros, we're getting to the point of her story. And the rest of the songs take us on this journey: from the past (lovers, family) that keeps haunting her to the present (friends, family again) where she's trying to reconcile with everything that has happened to her throughout all these years. But at the same time...the outro gives "closer" vibes, so yeah I'm confused. Although the dreaminess of the outro could lead to a more intricate intro for track 2. Arcadia has this very dark and unsettling piano in the beginning of the small snippet, so if it's track 2 I could totally envision the transition between the two of them. Although it'll be fun if Arcadia is track 4 just like Video Games!

Wildflower Wildfire is another interesting one. "Here's the deal..." screams opener but opening the album with these lyrics might be too obvious. Or...it could be the closer because there's something optimistic despite all the tragedy. "It's you from whom I learn".