Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

do we have any more info of the tracklist beyond this?

Reveal hidden contents

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Banisters_(album)

Tracklist

No. Title Writer(s) Producer(s) Length  
1. "Text Book"   Lana Del Rey, Gabe Simon Simon, Zach Dawes, Dean Reid 5:04
2. "Blue Banisters"   Del Rey, Simon Simon 4:52
3. "Arcadia"   Del Rey, Drew Erickson Erickson 4:23
4. "Unknown instrumental interlude"   N/A N/A N/A
5. "N/A"   Del Rey N/A N/A
6. "N/A"   Del Rey N/A N/A
7. "N/A"   Del Rey N/A N/A
8. "N/A"   Del Rey N/A N/A
9. "Dealer"   Del Rey N/A N/A
10. "Thunder"   Del Rey N/A N/A
11. "Wildflower Wildfire"   Del Rey, Mike Dean, Sage Skolfield, Sean Solymar Dean 4:46
12. "N/A"   Del Rey N/A N/A
13. "Living Legend"   Del Rey N/A N/A
14. "Cherry Blossom"   Del Rey N/A N/A
15. "N/A"   Del Rey N/A N/A

nectar of the gods has also been confirmed to be on the album but we dont know what number the song is on the tracklist

3 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I just edited them myself and then threw in the unreleased tracks (although if we're lucky, the preorder will be up in two days)

for a while i had this as a playlist

1. Wildflower Wildfire
  2. Cherry Blossom
  3. Thunder
  4. Yes to Heaven
  5. Color Blue
  6. Riverside
  7. Text Book
  8. Boom Like That
  9. Never Let Me Go
  10. Blue Banisters
  11. Fine China
  12. Living Legend
  13. I Talk to Jesus

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

I feel like the only song that’s clearly in need of a re-recording is living legend

the others, while it would be nice to be updated as her voice definitely sounds a little different today, I think are high quality enough to be released 

I feel like Wild on You/Nectar of the Gods needs an update as well. I forgot about Thunder. Yeah, that one is good as it is. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

nectar of the gods has also been confirmed to be on the album but we dont know what number the song is on the tracklist

oh i meant to copy the confirmed songs list :deadbanana:

Spoiler

Confirmed songs (5 more yet to be confirmed)

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I feel like the only song that’s clearly in need of a re-recording is living legend

the others, while it would be nice to be updated as her voice definitely sounds a little different today, I think are high quality enough to be released 

Things I would change:

Nectar - a new vocal take and better chorus lyrics

Thunder - add piano like @plastiscguy's version and rework the lyrics

CB - a new vocal take

LL - new vocal take, new production, new instrumentals, some small lyrical changes

Dealer - Boom Like That sample 

1 minute ago, Contemplating God said:

I feel like Wild on You/Nectar of the Gods needs an update as well. I forgot about Thunder. Yeah, that one is good as it is. 

Eh ya agreed, but my problems with that song are kinda more that it’s just boring so I would want more than just a re-recording of it done :rip: 

the “I get wild and fucking crazy like the color blue” is VERY 2013-15 lana 

I wouldn’t change a thing about Thunder, actually. It’s absolute perfection. I remember reading something about the introduction of piano at the beginning of this reworked version… did I imagine that?

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

Eh ya agreed, but my problems with that song are kinda more that it’s just boring so I would want more than just a re-recording of it done :rip: 

the “I get wild and fucking crazy like the color blue” is VERY 2013-15 lana 

Ok I thought that I was the only one who finds this track boring and annoying as hell :awkney:

This is shaping up to be another Lust for Life. Some of her best (Thunder, Cherry Blossom, Blue Banisters, Text Book) with some of her worst (Living Legend, Nectar of the Gods, some random interlude no one will care about)

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

I wouldn’t change a thing about Thunder, actually. It’s absolute perfection. I remember reading something about the introduction of piano at the beginning of this reworked version… did I imagine that?

no that was mentioned several times before. we just havent had that version confirmed yet.

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Ok I thought that I was the only one who finds this track boring and annoying as hell :awkney:

This is shaping up to be another Lust for Life. Some of her best (Thunder, Cherry Blossom, Blue Banisters, Text Book) with some of her worst (Living Legend, Nectar of the Gods, some random interlude no one will care about)

i'll care about the interlude the way i have burnt norton seared into my brain :true:

mUENGN9.png

not living legend and nectar being called some of her worst :die:

they way she'll end up reworking some of these and people will treat it like they did TNBAR, maybe it's best she does nothing with them..

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Living Legend is the one that needs to be reworked the most. Her voice is very different now and much richer as well. Nectar of the Gods too but it doesn't need that much reworking assuming she keeps it as an acoustic track. Cherry Blossom and Dealer can have this raw/unfinished demo-esque feeling because it seems to enhance the lyrics and overall mood. Thunder sounds great although I assume it'll be cleaner on the album. I mean, these are all demos. I expect them to sound much better on the album even if she decides to keep them as they are.

Anyway, it's so funny how much boz overreacted when he said that he's not a fan of the album because of the outtakes she decided to put on the album. I mean, he made it seem like she chose some unlistenable and borderline awful tracks when these actually turned out to be...Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend and Dealer. :tommy:

6 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

It’s a cute unreleased but ya, I doubt I’ll listen to it much once it’s on an album

It should have been wild one

1 minute ago, TRENCH said:

my first time reading this thread :horror2:

be glad you missed the scat attacks and furrygate :taylor:

Just now, BlueGreenGray said:

Living Legend is the one that needs to be reworked the most. Her voice is very different now and much richer as well. Nectar of the Gods too but it doesn't need that much reworking assuming she keeps it as an acoustic track. Cherry Blossom and Dealer can have this raw/unfinished demo-esque feeling because it seems to enhance the lyrics and overall mood. Thunder sounds great although I assume it'll be cleaner on the album. I mean, these are all demos. I expect them to sound much better on the album even if she decides to keep them as they are.

Anyway, it's so funny how much boz overreacted when he said that he's not a fan of the album because of the outtakes she decided to put on the album. I mean, he made it seem like she chose some unlistenable and borderline awful tracks when these actually turned out to be...Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend and Dealer. :tommy:

well i think we can all come to the conclusion that since Boz's display name is named after Britney's album Blackout, we can assume his taste in music is very much bland and basic :true: