Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Also Roses is a complicated case.... Lets just say that...

bruh what does that mean nene-leakes-nene-leakes-running.gif

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I've grown to love all of Lana's album covers (except for COCC), and definitely see why she has chosen them. But with the Blue Banisters cover, I feel a stronger connection between its imagery and the music that I haven't felt since Ultraviolence. It is a cover that is not only older, but wiser and much more intimate. A reflection of a woman who has allowed herself to shed away the persona she made for self-preservation, and is now ready to talk with you about her life story over a glass of liquor in the kitchen or during a starry night on the balcony. Like we're sitting on the front porch with her, her friends and family after finally settling down in a new town. In my opinion, I think the album covers of Ultraviolence, Norman Fucking Rockwell and now Blue Banisters definitely speak to me in more of a storytelling way than any of her other records. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I also think the choices of unreleased songs are quite thematically AND sonically relevant to the three singles we’ve heard. Despite being recorded years earlier, these unreleased songs are the exact kind of thematic content you would expect from Lana following Chemtrails. I’m really excited and I know that this record will be heart-wrenching and soul-chilling. :trisha:

i feel like this is the kind of album/collection of music which is so beautiful & emotive that it will leave you feeling exhausted by the end of it, yet, in a way which is satisfying & rewarding? if that makes sense, like it's so emotionally rich & gorgeously crafted, that it's almost too much <3

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

We are definitely winning this week!  I hope the reason that those unreleased tracks were scrapped from the album is because she's going to release an unreleased-compilation alongside Blue Banisters!   :godlaugh:

1 minute ago, lustforlife said:

Not my 7th boyfriend from brazil saying there gonna be a riot on the country tomorrow and im here talking about lana del rey album  :typewriter:

a typical day for lustforlife, i see :blush:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i feel like this is the kind of album/collection of music which is so beautiful & emotive that it will leave you feeling exhausted by the end of it, yet, in a way which is satisfying & rewarding? if that makes sense, like it's so emotionally rich & gorgeously crafted, that it's almost too much <3

Contrasting the Blue Banisters record to Chemtrails Over the Country Club, this record seems much more firmly planted in a reality that she is living out and wants to express through her music. There is an air of uncertainty, aimlessness and lack of direction all throughout Chemtrails. But this time, it seems like she has found what she wanted to leave LA for. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, lustforlife said:

Not my 7th boyfriend from brazil saying there gonna be a riot on the country tomorrow and im here talking about lana del rey album  :typewriter:

going a bit off-topic here but dont let yourself in the fearmongering, most probably Bolsonaro and his supporters will parade around and then Nothing will happen like theyve done many times already:rip: so yeah talking about blue banisters is more productive

Just now, lustforlife said:

There is more actually... im hot and bored :blush3:

summer goes.. summer comes

in spring i sleep heaven knows

i guess you could say, lustforlife has more boyfriends than lana does albums :icant2: :thumb2:

3 minutes ago, World At War said:

going a bit off-topic here but dont let yourself in the fearmongering, most probably Bolsonaro and his supporters will parade around and then Nothing will happen like theyve done many times already:rip: so yeah talking about blue banisters is more productive

Oh god thanks... 

Lust For Dead   large.gif