Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Spoiler

It's kind of disappointing that Lana doesn't even sing most of it, but the parts she does sing make it all worth it because OH MY GOD. It honestly sounds a lot like something Lana would've made in 2007/2008 (also, it loops great)

imageproxy.jpg

Spoiler

Nah ya'll gotta stop pretending to like it because I bet if this was done by someone else other than Lana ya'll would be tearing it apart. I suppose it has some good qualities but this genuinely sounds like something a 16 year old could make on Garageband or something. I'm shook lmaooo also why does it sound so off key 

tenor.gif?itemid=9741889

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

5 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Do we know what the blue cover is for? Is it just an alternate one or is it the vinyl or something?

blue side profile is UO, smiling is her site exclusive I'm guessing, then Target is unknown

4 minutes ago, Arcadia said:
  Hide contents

Nah ya'll gotta stop pretending to like it because I bet if this was done by someone else other than Lana ya'll would be tearing it apart. I suppose it has some good qualities but this genuinely sounds like something a 16 year old could make on Garageband or something. I'm shook lmaooo also why does it sound so off key 

tenor.gif?itemid=9741889

Well, I definitly think that the fact Lana is singing this adds up to the tracks appeal, since it's just so out of character for her to officially put out something like that. I ike it, the production is pretty nice, would not have expected that though.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

For those who don’t mind being spoiled descriptively but want to wait till release:

Spoiler

It’s a duet with Alex Turner (?), sounds like it should have been on Ultraviolence - it sounds like what she described Pretty When You Cry as in terms of emotion, sounds like it was done in one (very emotional) take, but raw in a good way, a blistering attack on her former lover. It’s also quite strange, she screams but there are also playful lines. Genuinely hard to describe in terms of tone, but very dirge-y yet not monotonous, again, Ultraviolence teas. The verses are catchier than the chorus, but the chorus is quite obviously meant to be this atonal explosion.

</spoiler>

I