Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, mlittle11 said:

part of me thinks that since shes already released an album this year and it did really well with the physical releases, they might be giving her a pass since this album is kinda a bonus... idk how things like that work with contracts n everything but im thinking that could be the reason why shes allowed to not promote. 

Not saying I actually think it’s coming July 4th, because I don’t, but I honestly feel like her label is okay with her “controversial” album flying under the radar. It kinda sounds like chemtrails was her compromise so she could do this the way she wanted. 

also, like genuinely, I don’t see how surprise dropping something necessarily makes an album do worse when her “promo” was always bad to begin with. At least if she surprise drops, the surprise itself gets people talking at a time when they can actually take it all in at once. Then again without vinyls her numbers are going to be bad no matter what. 

I dont think she wants a no1 album which highlights how hard her life has been..which involves abuse by Patty or possibly even more.

I'm pretty sure she will touch upon her rehab days or how she got sent away from home.. the grammys. Complex. The racist tag...

She just wants to vomit everything out of her system so she can move on to singing about having babies with clay or whoever..

14 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

since we know nothing about ldr8 can i go back to manifesting angelic surf noir warm rock and heavenly ascension

Manifesting with you :tanisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

If she surprises drop, people are going to compare her with TS. They already think that she copied Taylor with COCC and with announcing two albums in the same year. This seems irrelevant, but it actually isn't, since this creates a psychological response and the public might have a slight aversion to the record because of that

What the f*** are insiders for...

25 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

If she surprises drop, people are going to compare her with TS. They already think that she copied Taylor with COCC and with announcing two albums in the same year. This seems irrelevant, but it actually isn't, since this creates a psychological response and the public might have a slight aversion to the record because of that

Imagine thinking that Lana del Rey CoPiEs Taylor Swift... Damn, how can I erase that idea from my mind

3 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

more like hatekeeping, keeping Lana info from the gheys is a hate crime amirite :hide:

And also during Pride Month.... THE AUDACITY :gasp:

37 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

True... but I think Beyoncé has done that earlier than Taylor so... I really hope it doesn't affect in that way :rollin: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I feel like this album be will really personal based on the three singles & maybe Lanita doesn’t feel it would be right to promote this album & maybe that's why it will be kind of a surprise release or a very lowkey release 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

I dont think she wants a no1 album which highlights how hard her life has been..which involves abuse by Patty or possibly even more.

I'm pretty sure she will touch upon her rehab days or how she got sent away from home.. the grammys. Complex. The racist tag...

She just wants to vomit everything out of her system so she can move on to singing about having babies with clay or whoever..

You just made a great point. Maybe she just wants to tell her story without having to worry about the music industry shit. That would explain the 3 random singles release, the silence and the selfies as covers. If she didn't need a big budget for this album maybe her label is ok with a surprise/no-promo release this time. 

As long as the music is good (the singles were great) I'm fine with that but I lowkey hope we get nice visuals even if the songs are very deep and personal.

giphy.gif

Lana has many things about her past to sing: eating disorders, mysogynism and sexism towards her, shit what "journalists" did her, rumours about having persona, carrer and label bought by father, wealthy family-trailer park situation, fake infos bout her, fake portrait, surgeries, QFTC, Karen era, racism, anti-feminism, hate comments to her, bodyshaming...many to mentioning.