Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I don't think it's really all that fair to be screaming IT'S UNPROFESSIONALLLLLL when we kind of expected this. like.... guys we all chose to believe something that we knew wouldn't happen. remember when june 1 came and went? she just ignored it. the same thing with all the other dates the last few eras. what do you expect? lmao it usually comes out around 3-6 months after she gives a date, and realistically, she has said in the past that she likes to release every 15-16 months. technically we're about a year out from that time frame. i'd love another album but we've just gotten one in march and we have violet bent backward AND new singles to hold us over. especially when we heard she's changing the songs, we shouldn't known right then. if anything, it might be a good thing that she's changing the album and doing new songs instead of using leftovers from NFR and COCC, we already know a couple of songs from cocc were NFR leftovers. 

i'm just glad to know that jack isn't on this one. sad to hear no new rick songs, but we won with the news that jack isn't on it. we needed her to get away from him to develop her sound again. makes me wonder if they've had a falling out though

I get what you're saying but its still her fault for giving fake dates. No other music artist I know of does that and its not strange to assume that something will be released when an artist announces a date

Yes, we know how Lana is with dates but we shouldn't have to expect that her dates are going to be fake, you know what I mean?

If you aren't on this forum and don't see the news on lana fan accounts, you're going to go by her word and what she announces and not have any idea that its delayed because an insider says it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a scheme to build hype in place of snippets and things tbh but its a pretty shitty thing to do to get peoples hopes up like that for nothing.

I'd take a snippet any day over a fake release date

Well better to be let down now, and gently, rather than the cold hard smack that would have been this weekend and Lana’s silence. 

I still think it could come this year, but all expectations are now dissolved. I think we could all use some time off thinking about Lana Del Rey. Go find something new to listen to, and before long we will get something from her. 

29 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I don't think it's really all that fair to be screaming IT'S UNPROFESSIONALLLLLL when we kind of expected this. like.... guys we all chose to believe something that we knew wouldn't happen. remember when june 1 came and went? she just ignored it. the same thing with all the other dates the last few eras. what do you expect? lmao it usually comes out around 3-6 months after she gives a date, and realistically, she has said in the past that she likes to release every 15-16 months. technically we're about a year out from that time frame. i'd love another album but we've just gotten one in march and we have violet bent backward AND new singles to hold us over. especially when we heard she's changing the songs, we shouldn't known right then. if anything, it might be a good thing that she's changing the album and doing new songs instead of using leftovers from NFR and COCC, we already know a couple of songs from cocc were NFR leftovers. 

i'm just glad to know that jack isn't on this one. sad to hear no new rick songs, but we won with the news that jack isn't on it. we needed her to get away from him to develop her sound again. makes me wonder if they've had a falling out though

I think it’s fair to call a behaviour what it is, unprofessional, whether it’s expected or not.:( 

30 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

What are they?

Mfhp.gif

I think the thing that bothers me the most is that when she first announced it, nobody moved because we knew she was lying. like of course we were excited she was already working on a new album but we knew the date she gave us was total bullshit as always. I think she noticed that because the next day she put up that “blue banisters” music video (that we never got) to back it up and THEN we all started taking it seriously :toofunny: 

im ok tho not getting the album this weekend but I really hope she gives us something- a single, an apology, the album title literally anything related to her music and dear god not another birthday :bebe:

The worst thing about this news is that 'adding new songs;' or in this case, perhaps just one new song, right at the end is kinda what fucked up LFL, via 'Coachella' and 'Change,' and perhaps others. I do like 'Change' overall, but it sounded rush-recorded, last-minute, underdeveloped, and her phrasing was off ("people are powerful beins').

Some or many of us are presumably creative individuals, and so understand that what you're working on at the present moment usually absorbs all your attention and enthusiasm, and in this, Lana is probably no different. 

But. 

I personally hope she now leaves WW, BB and TB off the new album. We're heard them, we have them, and we're probably fairly acclimated to them now. I am. I'd rather hear completely new music. Especially if the album is relatively short in terms of tracks.  

Just now, not all who wander r lost said:

Change is a masterpiece and powerful statement - if anything it's proof of her talent

The phrasing distracts me every time. 

3 minutes ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

What are they?

NAWWAL was originally Wanderlust and leftover from NFR as far as I remember and she reused the lyrics from Bird World (original NFR song) for dark but just a game, and then Yosemite was a leftover from LFL

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

I personally hope she now leaves WW, BB and TB off the new album. We're heard them, we have them, and we're probably fairly acclimated to them now. I am. I'd rather hear completely new music. Especially if the album is relatively short in terms of tracks.   

Unfortunately, I agree with this. I love the three singles, but I think they’re better off as a stand-alone release at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Cloud Shrouded said:

guys let's just breathe and relax and make fake tracklists again :hoe:  

"A schedule planner is a dangerous thing for a Woman like me to have- that's why I don't have it" Track no. 10 :oprah3:

3 hours ago, gsnlp said:

She can keep it. I’m sick of this bullshit. She’s a unprofessional artist and it shows. She has no respect for us. She needs to fucking get her shit together. I’m over this. Gonna leave this shit, block her and not get my energy on this anymore. 
hope u all stay well!

first of all, its literally her SECOND album this year, check yourself. second of all, her fan base literally does NOT respect her. We (not i) drag everything she puts out, compare all her albums to her previous and if they arent a revolutionary ground breaking body of work they get slandered. Literally every release since Ultraviolence, barring NFR (HM, LFL, COCC) has been dragged upon release (and honeymoon only started receiving praise within the last year, so dont even try it). Whenever she posts a damn picture of her friends everyone complains. I don't think Lana owes us much of anything. I for one am excited we are getting ANOTHER new album this year despite all Lana has been put thru the past year or so by critics and her own fans...

honestly i think people wouldn't be that mad about this album not coming out on July 4th if BoZ didn't get people's hopes up. Of course she needs to get her shit together and be more vocal with us about these things, but we all knew it wouldn't be released on that day anyways, this big of a meltdown only happened with you getting your hopes up for something unreal because an insider said it had A CHANCE of it happening

3 hours ago, gsnlp said:

She can keep it. I’m sick of this bullshit. She’s a unprofessional artist and it shows. She has no respect for us. She needs to fucking get her shit together. I’m over this. Gonna leave this shit, block her and not get my energy on this anymore. 
hope u all stay well!

the way i know youll be back in 3 days :slayty: the dramatics chile

image.png