Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, lanabanana11 said:

first of all, its literally her SECOND album this year, check yourself. second of all, her fan base literally does NOT respect her. We (not i) drag everything she puts out, compare all her albums to her previous and if they arent a revolutionary ground breaking body of work they get slandered. Literally every release since Ultraviolence, barring NFR (HM, LFL, COCC) has been dragged upon release (and honeymoon only started receiving praise within the last year, so dont even try it). Whenever she posts a damn picture of her friends everyone complains. I don't think Lana owes us much of anything. I for one am excited we are getting ANOTHER new album this year despite all Lana has been put thru the past year or so by critics and her own fans...

That is all true however her not being forward with us about the delays sucks.

A lot of users expressed that they don't want this to album to be rushed and they wouldn't mind if she took more time to work on it. So the delay itself isn't the issue, we did get an album three months ago, it's that she most likely won't even acknowledge it so thank god for insiders

2 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

first of all, its literally her SECOND album this year, check yourself. second of all, her fan base literally does NOT respect her. We (not i) drag everything she puts out, compare all her albums to her previous and if they arent a revolutionary ground breaking body of work they get slandered. Literally every release since Ultraviolence, barring NFR (HM, LFL, COCC) has been dragged upon release (and honeymoon only started receiving praise within the last year, so dont even try it). Whenever she posts a damn picture of her friends everyone complains. I don't think Lana owes us much of anything. I for one am excited we are getting ANOTHER new album this year despite all Lana has been put thru the past year or so by critics and her own fans...

As someone who has horrible ADHD I have no choice but to agree with you and give Lana space lmao. I think we all know something is seriously up with her. I wonder if she genuinely thinks no one takes her seriously so *it doesn't matter*, or thinks that if she were to announce a delay, fans wouldn't understand or accept it - she might be scared about potential hate? Her relationship with her fans has definitely gotten pretty bad, it seems :(  

mUENGN9.png

No offense but if some of y’all are so mad at her then why do you still stan her.. like it’s not like this is out of character :hooker: you can always delete your account besties!

1 minute ago, Cloud Shrouded said:

As someone who has horrible ADHD I have no choice but to agree with you and give Lana space lmao. I think we all know something is seriously up with her. I wonder if she genuinely thinks no one takes her seriously so *it doesn't matter*, or thinks that if she were to announce a delay, fans wouldn't understand or accept it - she might be scared about potential hate? Her relationship with her fans has definitely gotten pretty bad, it seems :(  

But the thing is that no one would be mad if she would literally drop a post on instagram with some explanation. That’s why we don’t take her seriously. She just acts like we don’t deserve a single word about what’s going on with an album SHE ANNOUNCED HERSELF

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

like i said already, this not about not having new music. it's about not being professional enough to post something adressing the delay and the situation. 

we always have great things coming from her if we talk about music and poems and shit, but it's frustrating when u expect something told by the artist herself, and it turned out to be just a lie because of some exciting moment she had after recording the first song for it..... but yeah, f*ck it

0YnL0Kf.gif

9 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

honestly i think people wouldn't be that mad about this album not coming out on July 4th if BoZ didn't get people's hopes up. Of course she needs to get her shit together and be more vocal with us about these things, but we all knew it wouldn't be released on that day anyways, this big of a meltdown only happened with you getting your hopes up for something unreal because an insider said it had A CHANCE of it happening

See, this is the problem with you guys. Some of you are always begging insiders for info, and when the things they said would happen, don't, you are quickly to drag them. 

How is this his fault? He only shared some news because FANS ASKED.

This is a messy situation, but Lana isn't her own boss. She has a whole team behind her decisions, if there's only one thing we can blame on her, is the fact that she keeps posting estimated release dates. But there are usually bigger things going on behind the scenes, this isn't anyone's fault but her team's. THEY need to get their shit together.

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I know it's annoying and disappointing that the album isn't coming out on the 4th, but some of you are being so dramatic :eek2: We all know that she overshoots the runway and gives us unrealistic dates, it's nothing new (she's literally been doing this for years, even before NFR). We already got an album + three songs this year. Not only that, but we pretty much get an album from her almost every single year, or at least every other year with other songs scattered in between. Some of you act like she's been on a years long hiatus. Like I said, I understand that it's hard to deal with and can be seen as unprofessional, but at least towards me, it doesn't seem like it's really that personal

imageproxy.jpg

4 hours ago, not all who wander r lost said:

BoZ on Atrl: 

Yeah sorry there is no way this is coming next week, she just added another track

And please stop harassing poor Mike Dean, he has like 1 song on this album :skull:

welp its time for me to go back into hiding again until we get concrete album news. see y'all in november 2021.. or 2022. :byeh8rs2:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

6 minutes ago, Cloud Shrouded said:

Her relationship with her fans has definitely gotten pretty bad, it seems :(  

for real. I feel bad that she seems to feel bullied by her own fanbase. 

Esp w/ LFL, she dedicated the project to the fans and it literally gets dragged to this day. I think she's probably realized that she will always have fans telling her she could do better and/or that she will never top previous work so she is done making self-referencial music - ie. with LFL which reflected her BTD sound to a certain degree, which was her most commercial / mass-appealing. 

I was just thinking ab this with her bday post where she thanked her friends and family for being the source of her happiness. That post and her increased focus on her friends and family on social media rather than posting ab her upcoming projects (LDR8 + iron gates) make me think she really doesn't seem to feel much gratitude or warmth to her fanbase and doesn't find happiness in trying to satisfy it.

(Defo reading into things and making major assumptions here but just my 2 cents!)

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

For all we know, this 'delay' may give her the time and opportunity to re-conceive the entire album, as she did LFL, scrap the other half of the songs, and not release anything until late fall or winter of next year, with the final result being nothing like the 'revenge' album she initially conceived.  

At this point, considering how many 'political' songs she said she had recorded and left unused from LFL, and how quickly she composes in some cases, she might well have a bank of some 50 or more songs we've never heard and don't know even exist, and then there's everything new she's written and recorded....anything is possible with someone as fluid and mercurial as Lana, and perhaps indecisive too. 

Breaking My Heart on loop tonight :aw:

Spoiler

i'm just thankful she works on music at all, like it really can't be easy to have worked as hard as she has pretty much non stop despite everything :trisha: Imo, she can take as long as she wants whether or not she updates us, like as a fanbase I think we get what we deserve :oprah3: It might be time for fans to show Lana some genuine care :oprah3: 

mUENGN9.png

3 minutes ago, NME040920 said:

LANA DEL REY IS OVER:party::creepna2:

Your comeback is painfully the most eventful thing to happen to this thread in a while, feeling a weird gratitude right now