Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

lana liking the post about cherry blossom and thunder i fainted, also cherry blossom incoming with strings coming for old money’s crown i think :gurl:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

11 hours ago, honeymo0n said:

I really like the new snippet, love the lyrics :flutter: Btw has anyone tried the snippet on Shazam?

I tried and nothing came up :(

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

I'm not a vocal expert...so I'm hoping some vocal expert sheds some light on her recent vocals.?

This era her vocals are stronger than ever. But key wise she is on the higher side yes? 

What key would it compare with? From her catalogue before NFR? Any specific song?

I wish we got some lower deep register songs tho. 

The new snippet- BoZ said she serves vocals. That means she has to go higher and higher compared to the verse?

I dont want another wanderlust falsetto chorus :(

11 hours ago, Lustrouslines said:

What’s the producers name?

sorry for the late reply! his name is Ed Ressnick :wub:

I just hope she's gonna be belting, because that first 'Learn' from Wildflower Wildfire is EVERYTING :dance:

I know she's got that power inside her to belt I just hope she will go from her comfort zone of falsettos and belt, scream, belt, scream... 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f

8 minutes ago, ProstituteStares said:

I just hope she's gonna be belting, because that first 'Learn' from Wildflower Wildfire is EVERYTING :dance:

I know she's got that power inside her to belt I just hope she will go from her comfort zone of falsettos and belt, scream, belt, scream... 

Dealer bestie :sass:

I think Cherry Blossom won’t be on this album. When BOZ teased about it, he said something really strange like “see you in a fresh thread” which makes me think Cherry Blossom is apart of Blue Banisters subject 

0YnL0Kf.gif

52 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I'm not a vocal expert...so I'm hoping some vocal expert sheds some light on her recent vocals.?

This era her vocals are stronger than ever. But key wise she is on the higher side yes? 

What key would it compare with? From her catalogue before NFR? Any specific song?

I wish we got some lower deep register songs tho. 

The new snippet- BoZ said she serves vocals. That means she has to go higher and higher compared to the verse?

I dont want another wanderlust falsetto chorus :(

It’s not only about singing high, it’s also about the power and the tone of her voice. You’re right, her voice is stronger than ever. Her technique has improved drastically over the past few years. The shift in her voice started during the LA to the moon tour. Idk if she took singing lessons but she had more control over her voice, and her technique was already better. That’s also when she started projecting her belts with more power and clarity, and less tension. The quality of her voice was also improving, I know everyone has different tastes but objectively speaking, her voice is richer, fuller and jazzier now, and Lana’s playing with different textures with way more ease than before.

Since NFR came out, she’s been singing mostly in her middle and high range, but she still has some incredibly good low moments. She just doesn’t force herself to sing too low anymore like she was doing on BTD.

In conclusion, her voice has aged like fine wine, she can still sing low while maintaining a gorgeous tone but she doesn’t force herself into that register, and she takes advantage of her improved technique to sing high notes and belt more. The only thing that seems harder for her now is to sing with a breathy and quiet voice, but that’s one of the downsides of gaining power and being able to belt fuller notes. The fuller and more powerful your voice is, the harder it is to sing with a breathy tone (unless you’re Mariah Carey and you can maintain a more or less good balance between the two). It’s not good for the voice to use too much falsetto and sing breathy anyway, because it’s a disconnected register.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

5 hours ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Judging by BB, WW, Cherry Blossom, and the fact that the new song will be piano-only I can say it will be a very slow, mellow album with songs where the piano is the dominant instrument.

:eartha2: take me back to the time we thought its gonna be rock n hip hop revenge bops

My body is a map of LA :karaoke:

Funny that the song could sound completely different than the the snippet. It could be like listening to the Oklahoma part of BB or Here‘s the deal of WW.

I hope the selfie cover is the official alt cover cause I began to love it (I blame Stockholm syndrome)

I wonder if Lana was pushed into a new photoshoot by her label again

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I honestly don't mind (a few) piano tracks if they sound fresh and full (like French Restaurant)

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

9 hours ago, wildheart said:

JOKE???? no, ur brain!!!!

Actually I remember her saying in an interview she didn’t want to be alone on the cover anymore so I think there’s some psyche change happening there for sure. 

why do i feel like part of the reason for this is her wanting armour so that when/if she/her music is criticised, she feels she is not alone :S

i hope it's not this deep lol and i sure do hope queen madre one day has a cover of just her confidently in all her money power n glory 

Spoiler

i do think her not being alone in her personal life is a really important thing to her. like she has that huge group of sober friends that is she always with

mUENGN9.png

the cover art excitement went away n i realized we have 4 piano flops and 2 songs we ve had for years:eartha2: im  physically sick of piano ballads. just when everyone said that she cant make another slow album after 2 slow albums, we get the slowest album in the universe. yes im having a meltdown again:kum:

2 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

yes im having a meltdown again:kum:

Come to mama, my Sierra Madre chest will comfort you :kiss:

@FallingCherry thanks for the beautiful in depth analysis :) I agree..her vocals are now richer and fuller. Gorgeous tone.. it used to be quite breathy before.  Now it's well rounded .

Imo whenever she goes higher ranges, it might sound  happier?cheerful? Compared to her low sultry register....which evokes alot of dark vibes/mystery. 

I think its probably cause she stopped vaping or smoking? I remember in NFR tour some of her vocals were bit rough and off. 

But then she did the live of YNWA and I was blown away.  And ofc COCC and SUMMERTIME., the 3 singles. 

There seems to be a huge shift in her vocal power .