Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

If she changes the album title, she’ll also most likely change the album cover too since it’s related to the song with the banisters and Tex and Mex :/

She doesn't have to do that necessarily. NFR cover references multiple songs on the album, the most prominent one  being Mariners Apartment Complex.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

22 minutes ago, brandon said:

so basically when she submits under pop - she has potential for best pop song / album / performance / etc

but is she able to win it tho? the pop category always has main pop stars, it doesn't matter how many categories she is nominated in if she's competing against billie and ariana

I’m re-listening to the snippet, and the echo of the piano and the reverb in her voice, plus the pitch, is reminding me sooo much of her earlier work - in particular, it sounds like it came straight off of Paradise. Sonically, it is reminding me of Yayo! 

7 minutes ago, Thoth said:

She doesn't have to do that necessarily. NFR cover references multiple songs on the album, the most prominent one  being Mariners Apartment Complex.

Hadn’t really thought about that!! Now I’m less worried about her changing the cover. It’d be such a loss, the current one is gorgeous 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

14 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

but is she able to win it tho? the pop category always has main pop stars, it doesn't matter how many categories she is nominated in if she's competing against billie and ariana

it’s funny that you name billie… a very alt artist :rollin:i def agree she should’ve won a grammy by now but that’s the academy’s fault. the grammys are a scam anyways so who cares 

the thread is dry again :smokes3: Lana post more photos on ig challenge

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 minutes ago, brandon said:

it’s funny that you name billie… a very alt artist :rollin:i def agree she should’ve won a grammy by now but that’s the academy’s fault. the grammys are a scam anyways so who cares 

lol well but she is mainstream and everything

i think the problem is the grammys value commercial sucess and promotion as well, and lana doesn't do these things, maybe that's why she hasn't won a grammy yet in these pop categories

if she promoted nfr the same way she did with born to die, or if born to die had the critical acclaim that nfr had, i think either one of them would've won a grammy

I think the problem with the grammys for Lana might be her label submit both pop & alt categories. That's why the situation was extremely divisive between both of the alt & pop voters. Therefore it results the way that there wasn't enough votes for both pop or alt field for Lana.

Billie is clearly on mainstream pop, as a 100% as she is, it was easy to increase the chance to get huge amount of the votes.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

The same thing happened to Abel with his amazing work "After Hours". His label might have submitted After Hours era to both RnB & Pop fields. The pop voters probably carried a mindset, thinking that "aw he will get a lot of votes from RnB voters anyway, we should vote for different artists instead of him" - same for RnB voters, thinking he might get pop voters huge support. 

Hello everyone! 

I missed the meltdowns, but I’m back (and cooler than ever) :hype:

the album cover is absolutely stunning, gorgeous, amazing. It really helps give the three releases singles a better feel than the car selfie. 

I love the new song snippet she posted because it’s super jazzy and I can’t wait for her to serve vocals. 

I can’t lie though, I was hoping more for a textbook sound, but I’m sure the full song will be a classic Lana serve 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

lana doesn't need a grammy, the grammys are a popularity contest and lana's music is artistic & meaningful, it's beyond "popularity" & mainstream trends :agree: 

We know that. We dont need her to win a Grammy. 

But you see. That's what she wants. Though she denies it, it must have felt nice to finally have her work validated and appreciated the way NFR was. You can seee she was trying to win AOTY . The effort she put in.  Grammy museum. Meeting with students from the Grammy school..

27 minutes ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

I’m re-listening to the snippet, and the echo of the piano and the reverb in her voice, plus the pitch, is reminding me sooo much of her earlier work - in particular, it sounds like it came straight off of Paradise. Sonically, it is reminding me of Yayo! 

It reminds me of Yayo and Bel Air. It definitely has that paradise vibe.

Wildfire / Wildflower already saves the whole album.  I don't even want to know what else Mike and Lana have in store. When that is the beginning, a golden future awaits us.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

16 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

lana doesn't need a grammy, the grammys are a popularity contest and lana's music is artistic & meaningful, it's beyond "popularity" & mainstream trends :agree: 

true. I just wait to see the day after she finally contribute REAL SHIT to this industry, and then getting a lifetime award / honour. Grammys doesn't deserve her anymore. She so out of the league.

4 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't think it's coming before September but at least we have Chemtrails for the 2022 Grammy but I'm not expecting much. Maybe a nomination for Best Pop Vocal Album or something for the title track. Imagine if she wins her first Grammy with Chemtrails :brows: haters will combust into flames 

Chemtrails will win AOTY and I know it. ?

17 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

@brandon she has no chance vs the main commerical pop girls who promote their work like shit. Her odds are higher in the other categories .

Tho the Grammys dont matter , I think she does want one..

i know how she feels, she knows deep down she is such a talented bitch, a god-gifting, timeless visionary, an iconic artist that did nothing but always demonstrate her contribution through her art and her works. She awares that she is that bitch who influence this pop culture all this time. It's really understandable that she wants at least a Grammy - or at least something that acknowledge her, give her the recognition + appreciation that she knows she deserves.

If only she kept that unbothered attitude, a cool, calm & collected enough not to feel underappreciated, mistreated or pinned down by the media. If only she knows how much we care about her, not the awards or the achievements. Just her and her art we are grateful towards.

5 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

i know how she feels, she knows deep down she is such a talented bitch, a god-gifting, timeless visionary, an iconic artist that did nothing but always demonstrate her contribution through her art and her works. She awares that she is that bitch who influence this pop culture all this time. It's really understandable that she wants at least a Grammy - or at least something that acknowledge her, give her the recognition + appreciation that she knows she deserves.

If only she kept that unbothered attitude, a cool, calm & collected enough not to feel underappreciated, mistreated or pinned down by the media. If only she knows how much we care about her, not the awards or the achievements. Just her and her art we are grateful towards.

Agree, Also random - Your post reminded me of one of my guns in Borderlands, Visionary Bitch. So for now on in honor of this post, That gun is called LANA…

IMG-3521.jpg