Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

55 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Okay...how many of you flops wants Fine China? I can't with y'all wanting leaked songs on the new album. 

Will you never learn? Y'all dragged TNBAR to filth because she reworked it. It was a filler on NFR. Y'all are gonna hate fine china/cherry Flop/and thunder when she reworks them. SMH

tenor.gif

I tend to agree. Look at YTH; was the second or third version better? Not in my opinion.  'Thunder' is perfect as it is. It's possible she could improve on CB, but I'd rather have all new songs.         

11 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

im with you on this one for sure- while I would never manifest an older reworked song lana has consistently turned back to older songs over the course of her career: yayo, the UV session songs getting reworked for HM (though never used ie say yes to Heaven), Yosemite, and now possibly these two. I dislike the TNBAR rework but tbh I wasn’t crazy about the demo either, but Yosemite is perfect on COCC and if Lana brings cherry blossom and/or thunder onto this next record it’ll be because they’ve finally found a home in the album, not just for the hell of it. Personally I don’t need re-recordings of either song- the versions we have are perfect- but if they help tell the next chapter of lanas story I’m here for it.

A-men. 

19 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Idk why yall want Fine china on the new album. When she starts repeating fine China it literally starts to sound like vagina.

11. Vagina - and fresh lemon (feat. Nikki Lane)

38 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Idk why yall want Fine china on the new album. When she starts repeating fine China it literally starts to sound like vagina.

A song for lesbians? It's about time :mj:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

There is a thunderstorm outside & all I can think about is Thunder being on the album & with that saying getting  really excited to hear this album:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

57 minutes ago, KingJay said:

The story of the song is an extension to Blue Banisters. The feeling of being left out. Although I think Blue Banisters also tells that, but she also sees a more sunny side where her sisters are there to help.

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

I actually think Thunder and Cherry Blossom go so well with the other three songs!

Cherry Blossom and Blue Banisters are both piano-driven with very rich vocals, and I’m sure a re-recorded version of Cherry Blossom will have a bit of additional production (like the ambient background synths in BB and piano embellishments on top of the main accompaniment) to reflect BB’s sonic landscape. 

Thunder and Text Book definitely belong to the same album as well - they both have this driving pulse to them and have this rolling feeling to them, especially with the lovely background singers. Since Thunder is from the same sessions as California, I could see the version that leaked being a demo and the version that ends up on BB having substantial differences (like how California has an unleaked demo that is noticeably different from the version on NFR). 

And then “my body is a map of LA....” also sounds like it will stay true to the vibe of Blue Banisters and Cherry Blossom.

So I’m thinking ? this record will have two sounds - one half being piano-driven, soulful ballads, and the other half being atmospheric, rockabilly/bluegrass-inspired music with subtle jazz influences and prominent background singers!

Yeees!!! Agree with everything you said!!  The album having those two types of sounds would be a dream:oprah:!! Text Book & Thunder definetly hint at a less piano driven/ non piano part on the album & I' m sure the album will surprise us positively !!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

While I’m not a huge Rick fan his piano/acoustic work with Lana is incredible and cinematic, color blue, fine China, bartender and cherry blossom are a few crossing my mind. I really do hope she does more of these cinematic sounds cause while I loved the three singles lyrically, I though they were a bit too dull and could’ve used a bit more spice.

5 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

honestly that's such a beautiful song and the fact that we dont even have a hq snippet is so upsetting to me

One of the things that annoys me about RBFY is that the chords were flawless in the original video of her taping herself singing (except for the last few chords in the line “and now life’s a dream”) and later on she posted another clip of her being moody and in her feelings while listening to the alleged “final” version with backup vocals, and some of the beginning chords changed a little bit and they sounded better the first time. Not a huge deal but after replaying those two videos back to back it’s a small thing that’s bugged me all these years :blush3: :hairflip:

31 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

One of the things that annoys me about RBFY is that the chords were flawless in the original video of her taping herself singing (except for the last few chords in the line “and now life’s a dream”) and later on she posted another clip of her being moody and in her feelings while listening to the alleged “final” version with backup vocals, and some of the beginning chords changed a little bit and they sounded better the first time. Not a huge deal but after replaying those two videos back to back it’s a small thing that’s bugged me all these years :blush3: :hairflip:

what video is that?

I'm very late but has anyone noticed the cinematic parallel between "My chest, the Sierra Madre" and "Lucky that my breasts are small and humble, so you don't confuse them with mountains"... Shakira collab confirmed :fabcat:

22 hours ago, Lentilus said:

Okay...how many of you flops wants Fine China? I can't with y'all wanting leaked songs on the new album. 

Will you never learn? Y'all dragged TNBAR to filth because she reworked it. It was a filler on NFR. Y'all are gonna hate fine china/cherry Flop/and thunder when she reworks them. SMH

tenor.gif

because we're still manifesting another Black Beauty phenonmena?!

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing