Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Right? I'm 99.9% sure that filter creates a bruised texture over it. Idk why people are obsessed with dissecting the meaning behind something so simple  :yawn:

And if you watch closely the original selfie the bruises appeared in the darker areas of the image so it was probably the 28 filter layering that did that :thumb2: but maybe Lana liked the coincidence and used them because of that who knows 

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, less said:

Are we sure she is still gonna release Map of L.A. now she’s broken up with Clay??

She has too :toofunny: :rollin: 

7 hours ago, Cinnamon Boi said:

I don't get it too. Listening to music while having sex is a turn off for me.

Yep. Plus, in my very personal case, I prefer to keep music (any music, by anyone I listen), which is like my favourite thing ever, far away from sex. :bebe: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

It's crazy to imagine how we were used to the rich production back then, and now... we fear for more piano only ballads... :toofunny: what happened?

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 hours ago, VioletBunny said:

Wait.. has this been discussed before 

Better stop believing that every time Lana uses colors she is referring to bruises, then y'all are complaining that everyone believes that she is romanticizing the abuse (Wasn't that why they attacked her last year?) Why don't you think she just wanted the banisters to be blue or gray or green and that's it.

Seriously, on twitter people are obsessed with relating everything to abuse since that topic was mentioned, not everything is related to that and I doubt that Lana is referring to that in those songs. That topic was only mentioned in ultraviolence, let it die now.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

46 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

It's crazy to imagine how we were used to the rich production back then, and now... we fear for more piano only ballads... :toofunny: what happened?

Her fans got tasteless :gasp:

Mfhp.gif

2 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

She started playing it safe and closed herself in the piano flop bubble thats the painful truth:oprah3: i blame jack

8 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Better stop believing that every time Lana uses colors she is referring to bruises, then y'all are complaining that everyone believes that she is romanticizing the abuse (Wasn't that why they attacked her last year?) Why don't you think she just wanted the banisters to be blue or gray or green and that's it.

Seriously, on twitter people are obsessed with relating everything to abuse since that topic was mentioned, not everything is related to that and I doubt that Lana is referring to that in those songs. That topic was only mentioned in ultraviolence, let it die now.

And bruises are hardly all caused by fighting or physical abuse. Many adults have hemophilia and so bruise easily, or take an aspirin regiment for things like high blood pressure, which thins the blood as causes easy bruising. And there are slips, falls and accidents to keep in mind. 

I agree it’s sad how many people there are in the world who think they’re amateur but nonetheless accurate, brilliant psychologists, social workers or medical doctors simply because they perversely want to see a world of victims and nothing but. 

On 7/15/2021 at 2:55 PM, VioletBunny said:

I’m hopping on this to say that I’m kind of frustrated with her lately for this exact reason. She seems to be trying to prove herself by making the most authentic music? There’s so many name drops and her music is full of pointless anecdotes or just like “Jenny’s in the pool”. Like, to the point where if she’s scrapping songs because it’s no longer authentic to her current life, it’s getting out of hand. 

I can’t say if that’s the reason for the scraps but honestly with the “let me write my own story” or whatever she said, I’m not the biggest fan. Love her and her music is great no matter what but I think she needs to stop worrying what people think about her music bc it’s kind of saturating it 

I feel like she's trying to be Bob Dylan rather than caring so much about people's opinions. Authentic music doesn't automatically mean it's good. In most cases it's pretty boring because it's concentrated on the artists deep throughs and personal life rather than the music itself and the majority wants good music with partially deep lyrics. She should separate her music and poetry not mesh them together because we get piano flops then. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 minute ago, shady said:

I feel like she's trying to be Bob Dylan rather than caring so much about people's opinions. Authentic music doesn't automatically mean it's good. In most cases it's pretty boring because it's concentrated on the artists deep throughs and personal life rather than the music itself and the majority wants good music with partially deep lyrics. She should separate her music and poetry not mesh them together because we get piano flops then. 

This is true. Just as some artists since the 50s have thought every ‘protest’ song is great because they see the cause the song supports as being ‘heart-wrenching’ or ‘socially responsible,’ which certainly isn’t true. Most protest songs as such are as bad and boring as hell. 

the bruises theory makes literally zero sense:toofunny:

if those colors mean anything at all then i'd like to think blue stands for sadness that man was about to bring, green and grey for calm and happiness she feels with her friends. and the "bruises" in covers are obviously bc of picsart filters.

I think it's great that she acknowledged blm. I do think it would've been more effective if she just mentioned the line once, and had a diff variant for the other lines w it. I think it would've made the song stronger for both sides without it possibly coming off as overbearing. 

i personally like the bruise metaphor. there's an honesty in acknowledging ur mortal and that we all hurt and figure out how to heal. it's parallel to what's happening in the track so I love it. coupled w the purpose of banisters. n prev mentioned green can hint envy and gray as wandering, but it doesn't mean that both can't somehow hold truth. 
not all bruises are physical just like not all hurt can't be cuts to the face 

communication 101 a convo isn't just the first statement being said it's also how it's received n then a joint understanding later (hopefully) so how others interpret what's being said is also kinda telling two cents 

UV/Honeymoon

3 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

it's not like production isn't rich now, just approached in different ways. COCC had multiple instrumental details and i still discover them once in a while, just because the production feels intimate instead of "grandieur", doesn't mean it's not well thought out

8 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

it's not like production isn't rich now, just approached in different ways. COCC had multiple instrumental details and i still discover them once in a while, just because the production feels intimate instead of "grandieur", doesn't mean it's not well thought out

well then we were used to grandeur :toofunny: i appreciate the small details like in chemtrails, but i also want... big details

sUcVobB.png

10 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

Please Lana’s had intimate production with more intricate details on many projects that Rick Nowels did better than Jack did on Chemtrails like songs such as Change or Heroin. 

I think BB is just something she needs to get off her chest before she can move forward, I’m not really expecting this record to be any different than NFR & Chemtrails. Personal and brave definitely, but not a full return to the Lana we’ve been missing and we will probably still have the same complaints 

But in QFTC she said “can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want ” etc and Mike Dean said he was a fan of Lana and hoped they would work together for more, which I’m sure they will. I think he said he knew of her because some of his friends have worked with her, so he’s probably more familiar with the hip hop side of her music like BTD, and I’m hoping when they work together he’ll channel that energy since it’s what he associates w her lol

UbsOye5.png