Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Amidst all the disagreements and differing perspectives, I’m pretty sure we can all agree on the text book cover looking better without the black skin blotches :rip:

B054-D151-91-A5-45-A1-80-EA-8559-BE2-ACF

On that one and the WFWF one, the filter gives her dead eyes that I hate. But it’s true that she doesn’t seem to be bruised all over on the TB one. My fave though is the RCS cover, without any disturbing filter.

11 hours ago, Sadaurora said:

i think its safe to say well get the album next year at this rate..hope we get a proper single this year tho

I am a very realistic person in life and an album next year is just pessimistic. Her July 4 post is clear for one thing: the rollout is planned. Plus Ben (or Ed?) said the album would be her second this year, so it’s planned to be released this year. I don’t think she wants to sit on the songs very much longer, like she did with Chemtrails. And in all objectivity, the artists making posts this week or the last are all releasing in Sept or October; if she announces everything this week or the next, we should be in for an October or November release. 

11 hours ago, shady said:

I will never understand why many musicians are the most creative in their 20s while authors are at middle age-old age. 

I think that this happens mostly with mainstream artists. They end up burned out faster and get tired of fame

4 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Actually Norman, Chemtrails and BB sound totally different even though they all have a piano.

This times x1000 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

I'm honestly fine with piano tracks, as long as the instrumentals don't sound muffled and separate from Lana's vocals. And for BB I have hope since she's working with new producers

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I seriously don't get the NFR/Chemtrails/BB comparison. Yes, all 3 have piano but so did every other Lana album. 

Visuals are also way different. NFR was all about beaches and the sea (album photoshoot, the MAC visuals we got in September, the double MV, Doin' Time to some degree too). Chemtrails was a mixture of country club owning rich woman, the midwest and whatever that weird (but great) blue/green Neil pics were. We don't have much from BB other than the album cover so we'll see.

All I see from NFR to BB is the natural evolution Lana's music had since the last folky tracks from LFL but still every album has a different vibe to it.

Yes, the genre hopping she did from BTD to UV to HM was great and very interesting but it's also nice to see a more slow progression in her sound.

Also c'mon NFR came in 2019 and we'll have 2 2021 albums. It's not like she's been doing the same sound (that's not even the same) for 10 years straight. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, LanaTheRay said:

How to disappear sounds like wild at heart which sounds like hope is a dangerous thing, ??

Wild at heart samples the instrumental bridge of How to Disappear - the rest of the song sounds quite different. That's one song and only part of that one song. 

I don't see the similarity to Hope is a Dangerous thing.

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

21 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I seriously don't get the NFR/Chemtrails/BB comparison. Yes, all 3 have piano but so did every other Lana album. 

Visuals are also way different. NFR was all about beaches and the sea (album photoshoot, the MAC visuals we got in September, the double MV, Doin' Time to some degree too). Chemtrails was a mixture of country club owning rich woman, the midwest and whatever that weird (but great) blue/green Neil pics were. We don't have much from BB other than the album cover so we'll see.

All I see from NFR to BB is the natural evolution Lana's music had since the last folky tracks from LFL but still every album has a different vibe to it.

Yes, the genre hopping she did from BTD to UV to HM was great and very interesting but it's also nice to see a more slow progression in her sound.

Also c'mon NFR came in 2019 and we'll have 2 2021 albums. It's not like she's been doing the same sound (that's not even the same) for 10 years straight. 

And what most people seem to forget is that only now Lana is in full control of the production on her albums. Back to the BTD and UV eras, she didn’t have as much control on her music as she has now. People seem to forget that she never liked This Is What Makes Us Girls’ final production, and she did quite a few demos before that. She had to release something she didn’t like. And for UV, she was often fighting with Dan on the production. If she had had a bigger hand on the production, BTD and UV would’ve probably sounded much different.

And you’re totally right, NFR and Chemtrails aren’t even similar, apart from the fact that we can tell Jack was the producer, but just like we can tell that Rick worked on HM and LFL :/

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

27 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Tbh, I don't see much of a similarity when it comes to NFR and COCC. 

I think a lot of the stans were just disappointed with how cocc turned out. And i feel like even Lana might also be like this. 

The trio songs are also very different from cocc and NFR. 

I know a lot of ppl are like 90% asthetics and 10% music. So overall Lana's lack of solid visuals and her ongoing lyrics about normality/ranch life/chicken/elementary schools...etc. 

This gal sang about Bugatti Veyron, and now she's singing about a Toyota. :ma:

The stans want to feel like a bad bitch. Not a ranch ho that needs to heal from the storm that gave her bruises that only her ranch friends can heal 

23 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

And what most people seem to forget is that only now Lana is in full control of the production on her albums. Back to the BTD and UV eras, she didn’t have as much control on her music as she has now. People seem to forget that she never liked This Is What Makes Us Girls’ final production, and she did quite a few demos before that. She had to release something she didn’t like. And for UV, she was often fighting with Dan on the production. If she had had a bigger hand on the production, BTD and UV would’ve probably sounded much different.

And you’re totally right, NFR and Chemtrails aren’t even similar, apart from the fact that we can tell Jack was the producer, but just like we can tell that Rick worked on HM and LFL :/

Yes this so much!!! If she'd produced UV how she wanted I think it would have sounded so different! More like UV (the song), Old Money and Black Beauty. 

24 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

This gal sang about Bugatti Veyron, and now she's singing about a Toyota. :ma:

The stans want to feel like a bad bitch. Not a ranch ho that needs to heal from the storm that gave her bruises that only her ranch friends can heal 

But isn't that just where she is now? She's changed and grown as a person. I'd hate if she'd stayed as the BTD bad bitch her whole career. 

32 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

I mean, it’s not that the songs she’s released in the last 2-3 years are bad, we know they’re very good and there a couple stand out incredible moments like the Greatest but like come on most of us have been stans since like 2012 and half the anticipation every time we hear a new snippet is us thinking (hoping) the song will break down into something more exciting when it’s eventually released, the sound is tired she used to use an eclectic range of different voices and singing styles and topics but she’s been singing in the same delicate “I’m vulnerable” tone for YEARS now, we all love her but 90% of the hype in these pre release threads including the last 1-2 records have been us hoping that she’ll give us more

The way AKA, BTD, UV, HM, LFL, NFR, COCC and BB are all so different because they are DIFFERENT eras (and different moments in Lana's life) but also they share SOME similarities because is the SAME person behind them :legend: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

9 minutes ago, LanaBoi said:

But isn't that just where she is now? She's changed and grown as a person. I'd hate if she'd stayed as the BTD bad bitch her whole career. 

I'm glad to see she's growing. I've enjoyed both NFR and chemtrails a lot! And in the spirit of appreciating her musical growth, we encourage her to move on from her current soundscape that she's kept for 2 era's I'm a row. :diva:

She'll never be BTD, or any of the previous era's. Map of LA is keeping me on my toes. It's gonna serve like it hasn't serve this era something new. 

The three singles are all excellent so I'm willing to trust her on this era, even if it resembles NFR/Chemtrails but I want some sort of hint at progression. I don't mind NFR/COCC incorporation but if it doesn't show any sort of evolution towards the end of the album, I'll be a little annoyed, even if the songs are amazing. But as I said, the three songs have me pretty hopeful (especially the ending of WW). 

Either way, I don't really understand the discourse, especially those arguing for her to remain in the NFR/COCC vein. Like, nobody's gonna hate her if she decides to not change it up much (well, we might pretend to for dramatic effect) but surely those of you who are defending the idea must want something different? Like, it's okay to not be okay with the direction of Lana's music. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

My fave though is the RCS cover, without any disturbing filter.

LOVED that one, actually! :flutter: Such a mystery why she'd ruin that nice, pretty picture with those HIDEOUS disgusting filters 

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

13 hours ago, The Siren said:

And as for the piano ballady songs, This is Happiness is my fav Lana song. 

omg TASTE. Same. :wub: Is This Happiness? is my no. 1 fav :crying4: forever and always

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy