Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, mlittle11 said:

yall are making this pre-release unbearable.... jesus christ :tsk: it was so fun n lighthearted like 2 days ago wtf happened

We move the fun posts and keep the ugly ones idk :wtf3:

Lana wants to be viewed as a classic legend. Not some ditzy flashy pop girl who is a trend for a few years 

And look at the legends. Dylan. Joni. Cohen.

Lana's music is very similar to theirs. The singer songwriter approach. The sparse instrumentals in their later albums.

Lana will be an icon in 20 years. When people will actually acknowledge her artistry. 

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

I never thought that Wildflower WILDFIRE would be the « anthem » of the summer, at least in the news :toofunny:

Our world is literally burning up in flames everywhere… 

:crai:not this :toofloppy:

9 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Just a daily reminder of what's to come

Reveal hidden contents

Why do I feel like she'll scrap it though? :lanasrs2:

For my own sanity I hope she didn’t and it’s coming like real real soonish :kum:

B502-FB5-B-694-B-4360-A626-95-DBB0617-BD2.jpg

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

40 minutes ago, Escapology said:

Defeated and destroyed ?

Wait, this has the same energy as „read what you wrote hoe“. Maybe it’s Lana and she‘s playing mind games with us. She‘s finally using her major in philosophy :oprah:

anyways I wanna point out that BB will probably be a folk and jazz fusion - Joni did the same after releasing a folky album and as we know that Lana is like a huge Joni stan it wouldn't be surprising for her to emulate it and add her own spin to it (as seen on tracks Text Book and Wildflower Wildfire)

31 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

That is the general sonic direction everyone seems to be taking now. Post covid era.

Billie. Lorde. St Vincent. Lana. Taylor. 

I wont be surprised if Katy comes up with something similar too. 

Also let's not forget. Lana was leaning into folk in some parts of LFL which she explored further in NFR . And leaned into a country-folk-indie production on COCC.

I don't understand how u can say TG,CG,TFJ,DT,FIILY,California are mellow .

She is changing her style of writing and singing to make it more autobiographical than ever 

I’m talking mainly chemtrails

also this place is turning into shit, like y’all are just being rude and taking anyone who expects more from Lana after these recent singles and grouping them into the “fake fans who want Lana to be a depressed coke whore who makes music for bottoms to bop their non existent twink asses to” bullshit 

Y’all are just as toxic as the kids on Lana Twitter who have this weird holier than thou complex that talk shit on tiktok stans for being locals 

I’ve been a fan since 2012 and for the last time do NOT want Lana to go back to her old sound singing about sugar daddies and whatever I want her to EVOLVE and continue exploring new sounds like she used to, I know she’s not a basic pop girl and don’t expect that from her, Jesus, coming back to this thread when there’s actual news cause what the fuck 

13 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

Y’all are just as toxic as the kids on Lana Twitter who have this weird holier than thou complex that talk shit on tiktok stans for being locals 

Sorry if you feel attacked. But to me your posts weren‘t expressing constructive criticism. Saying things like she is destroying her own career, she should stop singing about Nikki and stop releasing piano ballads… that bashing is just pointless. And tiring. We had multiple discussions here with people who dont like her recent music, and that‘s ok and discussions are the whole point of a fan forum, but your posts… well :scoff: 

9 minutes ago, be sweet said:

anyways I wanna point out that BB will probably be a folk and jazz fusion - Joni did the same after releasing a folky album and as we know that Lana is like a huge Joni stan it wouldn't be surprising for her to emulate it and add her own spin to it (as seen on tracks Text Book and Wildflower Wildfire)

She has to make a jazz album, she HAS to! I don’t expect BB to be jazzy, but it’s definitely something she could be leaning on in the future.  And it would be an amazing surprised if BB turned out to have jazzy tracks! Imagine all the jazzy breakup songs she could write now that her and Chase are over… Jazz would compliment this album so well, especially with tracks such as Text Book or the title track

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

7 minutes ago, COCC said:

Sorry if you feel attacked. But to me your posts weren‘t expressing constructive criticism. Saying things like she is destroying her own career, she should stop singing about Nikki and stop releasing piano ballads… that bashing is just pointless. And tiring. We had multiple discussions here with people who dont like her recent music, and that‘s ok and discussions are the whole point of a fan forum, but your posts… well :scoff: 

agreed! people have definitely been able to engage in discussion abt multiple contentious topics i.e. nikki, piano, jack but i think what's important is the way ppl go about it, if you want to actually have an engaging discussion as opposed to a rant. if you are going to be unnecessarily disrespectful to lana, i mean, a lot of us are big fans and u will have to take some heat. it's just the nature of it. but it's not like censorship lmao. it's just about coming up against strong opinions 

mUENGN9.png

8 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

if you are going to be unnecessarily disrespectful to lana

someone even posted that she should stop „wishing happy birthday to white people“ :toofunny:

Anyway we should all give peace a chance and let the fear we have fall away :karaoke:

The closest jazz song Lana has done was the Summertime cover. Sierra Madre feels like it's going to steer in another genre (probably just piano, let's be real) but maybe a bit more pop? The snippet ended abruptly but I can tell it's going to get more revved up, or it could go in the same direction as French Restaurant where it's the same tone throughout. It's hard to say honestly. I don't feel like the songs we got are a clear representation of what's to come (we don't know if they're even on the full album or not).

We need another magazine interview so she can spill the beans :prettyhurts:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

no matter what lana gives us, im sure itll be beautiful. im tired of the whining about her using piano n making mellow music. if you dont like it, listen to her old stuff n get over it. she’s obviously come to a point where she’s making music for herself and that is completely fine. let the woman live her life the way she wants to... my god. shes not obsessed with charts n promo like some of u guys are. worry about more important things.