Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I was in a Julie Andrews mood last night and decided to listen to 'My Favourite Things', and I was thinking that Lana could cover this so perfectly, but change up the lyrics so Lana sings about her favourite things:

Spoiler

Sunshine on roses and satin blue ribbons
Bright orange petals and white marble kitchens
Crackling campfires and emerald rings
These are a few of my favourite things

Cream coloured daisies and silky smooth poodles

Old men and young men with icy blue pupils

Wild birds that fly with the moon on their wings
These are few of my favourite things

Girls in blue dresses with heart shaped sunglasses
Sun rays that burn on my nose and eyelashes
White hot summers that melt into spring
These are a few of my favourite things

When the rain comes

When my man leaves
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favourite things
and then I don't feel so bad

I think a song like that could easily fit on BB, especially if Cherry Blossom is on there. In a way, it's like Lana is becoming more maternal in her lyricism. Like for instance, Cherry Blossom is said to be a lullaby to her future child, and that 'Angelina' is the hypothetical name for her daughter sorry Clementine.... and of course in the Sound of Music, Julie Andrews' character looks after the children and she sings them this song while the children gather around her in bed

Spoiler

I'm getting in my feels just ignore me :bebe:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

all im getting from being on this thread is getting my blood up:sideeye: yet i still read it

When you listen to BB daily and it lowers your blood pressure

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, COCC said:

When you listen to BB daily and it lowers your blood pressure

giphy.gif

Yes it’s a great treatment for insomnia…knocks me right out. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I love the three singles, but boy oh boy.... having them for so long really takes the momentum out of the album release. I guess NFR! was the same kinda problem. It just feels sooo... idk, confusing? Unprofessional? Idk what the word is exactly but it just kinda knocks the wind out of BB's sails a little when you feel like you're getting a type of patchwork album instead of a clear vision with strong execution.

That being said, WW is my most played song of the last six months and it hasn't even been out that long! Love it :party:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

24 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

I love the three singles, but boy oh boy.... having them for so long really takes the momentum out of the album release. I guess NFR! was the same kinda problem. It just feels sooo... idk, confusing? Unprofessional? Idk what the word is exactly but it just kinda knocks the wind out of BB's sails a little when you feel like you're getting a type of patchwork album instead of a clear vision with strong execution.

That being said, WW is my most played song of the last six months and it hasn't even been out that long! Love it :party:

Totally agree with you. However, I felt different in the NFR era, because both MaC and Venice had incredible production, so I could listen to the songs on their own, whether I was in the mood of the lyrics or not. The three singles, just like Hope or Change, have so intricate yet minimal production that it’s harder for me to listen to them « casually », and I have to be really in the mood of the songs to play them on repeat (playing BB on repeat just depressed me in June). These songs could benefit from a short pre-release and not to be dragged on indefinitely. I don’t think it will be much longer for some actual news about this album, but God I wish we knew what the timeline is. 

I think Lana's approach with the 3 singles had a double (or triple) intention:

1. Putting something out cause she knew the album wasn't coming anytime soon.

2. Letting us digest the songs. I love them now but at first listen they felt very heavy and didn't really click with me sonically that much even though I loved the lyrics.

3. Maybe she wanted those songs to have their own spotlight and time because of the very personal and vulnerable lyrics. Kinda like what she did with Hope.

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

the length of time between the three singles' release and the album kind of makes me hope they aren't on the album, but i am in two minds about it since they def deserve the attention that comes w being on an album 

mUENGN9.png

19 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

but God I wish we knew what the timeline is. 

she‘ll post the tracklist today  :oprah3:

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Totally agree with you. However, I felt different in the NFR era, because both MaC and Venice had incredible production, so I could listen to the songs on their own, whether I was in the mood of the lyrics or not. The three singles, just like Hope or Change, have so intricate yet minimal production that it’s harder for me to listen to them « casually », and I have to be really in the mood of the songs to play them on repeat (playing BB on repeat just depressed me in June). These songs could benefit from a short pre-release and not to be dragged on indefinitely. I don’t think it will be much longer for some actual news about this album, but God I wish we knew what the timeline is. 

that's true! i find Text Book and Wildfire Wildflower easier to listen to casually, but Blue Banisters.... that song makes me so sad i've barely listened to it :crai:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 hour ago, daphnedinkley said:

WW became my second most played song of all time lmfao

1st is honeymoon

the singles are still SERVING for me, each track is so special in its own way

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

47 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

the length of time between the three singles' release and the album kind of makes me hope they aren't on the album, but i am in two minds about it since they def deserve the attention that comes w being on an album 

i totally get this! stand alone singles tend to annoy me generally speaking idk why, but at the same time i'd hate for these songs to feel stale by the time they're on an actual album. who knows, maybe lana can leave them out of the album then 10 or 20 years down the line they'll end up on some kinda greatest hits album of hers?? :oic3: i just hope we have plenty of surprises and FRESHHHHHHH tracks on the actual album ugh. i could deal w these three being on the tracklist, but lets say we get one more single before the album drops, then we have Thunder and Cherry Blossom on there.... that's six songs from the tracklist we've already heard :icant: along with the Map of LA snippet too, idk they're probably gonna be on the album so lets just hope (iadtfawlmth-bihi) we get a nice long tracklist w lots of surprises :pray2:

3 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

1st is honeymoon

DAMN of all time!! that's commitment

it's just one of those songs that's been really helping me lately, i have it in a playlist with a couple others and idk why it just evokes this raw genuine feminine power to me?? it makes me feel so empowered, like i can do anything :legend:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

4 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

1st is honeymoon

I have to replay WW for the “it’s true darling” part .. so good

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500

12 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

She’s been posting a lot on the weekends lately, so maybe this weekend?

Yes! After having met a fan somewhere in Alaska. She really seems to teleport nowadays :oprah3:

And who of you did this :thumb2: