Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, Alison by Slowdive said:

so far, we know they aren't trap bangers :emma: tell me something i don't know :emma: 

Apparently Lana made an album. With songs. And she sings on them. Not sure, but I think they also said that the songs will have some kind of... instruments? Weird :eek2:

I know some of y'all are just barely containing yourselves to start talking about LDR9 and how you hope it has guitars and it'll be so funny when it doesn't either default_eek.gif

Blue Banisters AOTY coming soon default_eek.gif

27 minutes ago, be sweet said:

if I were him I wouldn't be regarding it as her best album if he didn't listen - so I'll assume that he did

I just find it weird that she talked about the Arcadia snippet and then about the song in future tense as if those were his expectations instead of actual facts... but he's eclipse so he probably heard the album.

Those insiders really be talking in codes :horror:

giphy.gif

Yeah...an entire album full of piano? :um3:

If it sounds like French Restaurant, Yayo, or Roses Bloom For You, then I don't mind. But if it's like HIADT or Change? Keep it. The vocals need to serve this time around. None of that whispery monotonous drivel. We need piano songs with some fire and uniqueness. Honestly I'm surprised I like Arcadia so much and I think that's because the overall melody is so gorgeous

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, Arcadia said:

The vocals need to serve this time around. None of that whispery monotonous drivel. We need piano songs with some fire and uniqueness.

Wildflower Wildfire is right there

1 minute ago, Clampigirl said:

Can someone update me with news, I moved the other day so I haven't had time to be active to check. :poordat:

BoZ said that the album will mostly be piano. Personally they're not a fan of the album. It should be coming in a few weeks

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The definition of ballad is pretty loose. He considers The greatest a ballad so...

Between that and Thunder maybe we are indeed getting the slow-jam-packed soft rock album at last :smile2:.

And he said pretty ballads, not just piano ballads so I'm sure even the piano haters will like it.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Arcadia said:

BoZ said that the album will mostly be piano. Personally they're not a fan of the album. It should be coming in a few weeks

We're not sure if BoZ said it will be mostly piano or if it will have a lot of other instruments. Also eclipse said that he really likes the album. :dorothy2:

Hello BOz. 

Pls just answer this one question...

what classifies as a ballad. 

Is How to disappear a ballad?

Or love song?

Bartender?

MAC?

ALSO plz tell us there is more than just piano..

4 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

He said She serves vocally in Arcadia. 

So yay

NFR was a predominantly ballad album barring 3 songs..so maybe yay?

Nfr is my fav album too.

And yes. I prefer piano over the guitar. 

I dont want COCC 2.0 with the guitar and folky instruments. 

11 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Can someone update me with news, I moved the other day so I haven't had time to be active to check. :poordat:

BoZ also said BB was 100% coming this year, to give her a couple more weeks. So BoZ doesn’t seem to like the album, Eclipse seems to love it (but it’s unclear if he heard it in full - doesn’t seem like it). Personally, I really love two out of the three singles released so far and we’re heading for a fall album, so I don’t mind the piano-driven album (Solar Power is quenching my thirst for summer songs).