Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Thunder being reworked into a piano ballad breaks my heart… I’ll wait until I hear it before making any further judgements but I’d be lying if I kept hiding… the fact that I can’t deal…

IMG-7960.jpg

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

Thunder being reworked into a piano ballad breaks my heart… I’ll wait until I hear it before making any further judgements but I’d be lying if I kept hiding… the fact that I can’t deal…

bitch who said that

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

literally who said it was reworked into a piano ballad?

Boz was asked if there was more instrumental than just piano and he said there’s a lot more than piano

"Don’t forget me"

17 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

According to BOZ we haven't heard the song Barrie is credited on,so it won't be Riverside I guess

But yes Riverside is an amazing song!!

Riverside is a Barrie song, not a Lana song, so I think the likelihood it's on this upcoming album is like 99:1. I definitely think / hope it's a song we haven't previously heard! If it's a UV outtake, then similar to Brooklyn Baby, even better

If you hadn’t been told about the songs being outakes you would’t be crying right now because you wouldn’t have even noticed. So please, stop complaining about absolutely everything because it’s frustrating. 

Wait and listen to the album first, then come and cry if you please.

BoZ not liking the album is definitely good news if he hated Chemtrails :oic2:

I'm so happy that Lana doesn't care about what kind of music people think she should make and just does what she wants, she's crafting such a beautiful legacy. She told us long ago that she wanted to make her life into a work of art so it's silly for people to want to control her output and tell her what that life should look like. It's very clear that what Lana is accomplishing is a lot greater than hit music and commercial success. She's long past proving that can do that and has the freedom to unravel her art however she pleases, and I am so happy to be here to witness it. I can't even imagine what her artistic contributions will look like to the world in 50 years, especially if she continues on the way she has this past decade, which I honestly think she will.

This album is going to be so good :excited:

I did not expect to wake up to so much info and CHAOS! This week would be prime time to release a track list and a preorder while we're actually energized again!

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

25 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

imagine you put in your headphones and hear “lilacs in my mind all the time are blooming beautifully...” 

:angie: PLEASE

I just cried thinking in public about it 

20 minutes ago, mar said:

Riverside is a Barrie song, not a Lana song, so I think the likelihood it's on this upcoming album is like 99:1. I definitely think / hope it's a song we haven't previously heard! If it's a UV outtake, then similar to Brooklyn Baby, even better

The thought of a Brooklyn Baby sounding track just after Text Book and Thunder is so SEXY that's the 1-2-3 tracklist punch I would be HERE FOR

Wq9zHLl.jpg

37 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

imagine you put in your headphones and hear “lilacs in my mind all the time are blooming beautifully...” 

:angie: PLEASE

Bitch my knees would fold like when I first heard the Brooklyn baby pre chorus I NEED THIS SONG

and the fact that we might be getting an official release of cherry blossom which is such a gorgeous song HOPEFULLY with new vocals is making me fjaijdisjfoaodkaoof with the addition of BB and textbook OUFF IM RED EEEEE

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Re: Recycling Old Material for an Album

I like to think of Lana’s entire work as a metaphor for a dwelling. Every album release is a room in the house, each with its own personality, aesthetic, and vibe. The things inside of the room (aka each track) can be from any given store, retailer, catalog, etc… In other words, the songs can be from any era but the key element is that they were purposefully chosen, and they ultimately work together to create a beautiful album. When you zoom out and look at the dwelling, it becomes a living repository - a meticulously crafted archive of who she is as an artist and as a person. 

642-C2579-1-A0-A-4-A9-C-9-C51-297-D6196-