Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

10 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Wasnt lana also seen in Mike's studio in june???

And few other hip hop producers

yeah that's for the next album allegedly 

I think Mike’s a little busy for Lana rn so anything they’ve done is probably complete/shelved, and we know how often she likes to change her mind so I’m not holding out total hope for her to be working lots with him. I hope I’m wrong though x

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I know anybody can edit the Lana Del Rey Wikia page, but it says that an insider says there are 5 songs from previous years. Yall know how I feel about insiders -- they might be right but I'll never 100% believe them. That said, I haven't heard about that, and that's fine (because it most likely means we'll hear new versions of those songs - not just old unmastered versions, these will be fully mastered songs if true) but it got me thinking... maybe she switched Blue Banisters and Rock Candy Sweet for a reason -- reason being. Back in March before COCC dropped, she said she had 2 albums she was writing. What if one wasn't really a full new album, but she was wanting to put some final touches on stuff and she saved a lot of the newer stuff for Rock Candy Sweet and at the time of her posting the Insta post, she thought RCS could be ready by the time she wanted it out, but it wouldn't be, so she was already working on a few other things, moved around the tracklists a bit to make more sense, and BB made more sense to release first, and then we could get RCS next year maybe? Idk I'm still not convinced there was only ever 1 album that was meant to be announced but she kind of made a mistake at first announcing RCS and here we are. and we know Lana, she always makes last minute decision changes

10 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

I have a feeling her and Mike have definitely worked on (or are still working on) more than just WW, but probably for a separate/future project. I’m not expecting him to be on BB 

this... is exactly why I think RCS and BB were originally 2 separate albums, not one and the same. it makes absolute sense for there to be 2 records, but she switched parts of the tracklist because of timing and needing to finish one, rather than working on 2 simultaneously.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

46 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Gabe Simon posted here on Instagram in May (hopefully the link works)!

really hope Lana follows up with Mike Dean; imagining Lana crafting something in the same vein as Venice Bitch but with Mike’s production background? We’d be in for a treat imo

thank you! surprised I've never seen this. they seem to have a great connection and you can tell in the greatness of the music

34 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

If you’re referring to the country record, I think (someone correct me if I’m wrong lol) that’s the same as the Nikki Collab album 

I’m not entirely sure if it was ever finished, but yeah! I feel like Lana constantly has so many projects going at once, but I’m grateful for it lol

ugh nikki lane needs to stay the hell away from lana 

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

Also can someone please ask BOZ regarding all the other projects...

He seems to have an idea about all the behind the scenes stuff as well.

1) are the folk and country cover albums really dropping or are they shelved?

2) what about American standards.

?

3 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

What do we do till Wednesday? Guess I’ll have to hoe around to keep myself busy. :icant:

I suggest you buy shares from Toyota. It will have record sales in LA starting from next wednesday. You could hoe around at Wallstreet :oprah3:

18 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Also can someone please ask BOZ regarding all the other projects...

He seems to have an idea about all the behind the scenes stuff as well.

1) are the folk and country cover albums really dropping or are they shelved?

2) what about American standards.

?

i've been wondering about this too

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, TJFreak said:

Well I think that Lana already has a lot of songs for LDR9… so I think it will take her couple of months to finish… we should get it sometime around next year. Summer I think. 

honestly i wouldn't be surprised if she mentions another one around the time this one is out. she does it every time unless she has writer's block but it seems like that only happened between LFL and NFR so, i think she's in her prime of writing again and she's not stopping lol which we love that for her and our ears

giphy.gif

I also think that Rock Candy Sweet was the project that was supposed to have all the scrapped  songs + new Mike dean produced songs.. but she also had this cute ballady songs.. so she decided to release BB after chemtrails and after that LDR9 aka Rock Candy Sweet.. but IDK maybe I’m dreaming :brows:

5 minutes ago, TJFreak said:

I also think that Rock Candy Sweet was the project that was supposed to have all the scrapped  songs + new Mike dean produced songs.. but she also had this cute ballady songs.. so she decided to release BB after chemtrails and after that LDR9 aka Rock Candy Sweet.. but IDK maybe I’m dreaming :brows:

this is exactly what i think. honestly it makes too much sense so maybe no... but still i truly think they always were two separate albums but she switched the release order bc BB made more sense to release first and RCS needed more time to cook since Mike was working on DONDA? 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

really hope Lana follows up with Mike Dean; imagining Lana crafting something in the same vein as Venice Bitch but with Mike’s production background? We’d be in for a treat imo

this is everything I ask from Lana anymore. I'm definitely excited for BB and you know, for anything she releases, but I'm kinda bitter she didn't take the baddie/revenge/trippy/electric/dreamy/synth-masterpiece that we (or I atleast) thought we were gonna get when we learned Mike Dean was involved. damn those were the days, the anticipation :krylie:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

2 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

this is exactly what i think. honestly it makes too much sense so maybe no... but still i truly think they always were two separate albums but she switched the release order bc BB made more sense to release first and RCS needed more time to cook since Mike was working on DONDA? 

Yes!!! Exactly!!!:gurl: 

2 minutes ago, lover said:

this is everything I ask from Lana anymore. I'm definitely excited for BB and you know, for anything she releases, but I'm kinda bitter she didn't take the baddie/revenge/trippy/electric/dreamy/synth-masterpiece that we (or I atleast) thought we were gonna get when we learned Mike Dean was involved. damn those were the days, the anticipation :krylie:

i don't think we have heard the last of those two :cumming:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, StillOnMyMind said:

Rock Candy Sweet was a lyric of one of the scrapped songs of BB (Loved You Then and Now, I think). So I highly doubt it’s just two separate albums. She just switched titles as she has done plenty of times before.

yes, BUT, we don't know lol she did have 2 albums she said she was working on when the interview came out right before cocc dropped. so at that point, that could've been RCS/BB/Arcadia whatever it's called now AND the american standards? or that could've been shelved and she was working on 2 separate records, whatever they are, we don't know. but i'd like to think she already has stuff for the next album after this one being worked on. it would make sense for her to since she's had so many outtakes over the last 2-3 ish years

oh also, LYT&N is RCS's alternate title as far as we know but yeah it was a cocc outtake from what we've heard. i still want that track. if it comes out then i'll drop the idea there's 2 albums but if not, it'll only make me think more

giphy.gif