Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

ive been so busy with moving out and settling into my new place im gutted i cant be involved with the hype the way i want to be :( 

can someone update me with everything thats happening? love u guys

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

The dragging she is going to get foe these upcoming first week sales if they don’t release with physicals… :rip:

But at the end of the day, who cares. What I’ve heard about this album so far, might be her best! Stoked!

Eh, it’s like her 8th album and she just debuted really well literally 6 months ago. At the end of the day it will sell the same amount just spread over multiple weeks

Spoiler

Text Book is the opener?! I didn't expect that but now it makes sense. "I guess you could call it text book..." and "Old man river keeps rolling with or without him" are great opening and closing lines for an opener, and both the themes of the song and the music itself (the bluesy elements in the verses; the dreamier music of the chorus; the gospel influences) may set the tone for the rest of the album's sound and lyrics. It's an unexpected but interesting choice. I'm intrigued! Don't forget that Pitchfork put the song on their Spotify list so I'm expecting it to be well-received by the critics.

The instrumental interlude is another pleasant surprise! I'm surprised it's track 4 though. I'd have expected it somewhere in the middle of the tracklist. Anyway, I'll try not to listen to Arcadia and the interlude (and the Dealer snippets or any other snippets that may be leaked) until we get the album because I don't want to spoil the experience. It's only a month after all! I'll stream Arcadia to death of course lmao but I'll have my devices on mute. :sass:

Her IG story is absolutely hilarious. She totally used Picsart on purpose. I mean, she never addressed all the "controversy"/trolling about the singles covers so perhaps what she's trying to say is that, well, you may not have liked the covers, but that doesn't reflect the quality of the godly material I'm about to release next month bitches. 

Oh and Nectar of the Gods is a beautiful title. I'm glad we're not getting another "Wild" variation, lol, we already have Wildflower Wildfire. 

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

ive been so busy with moving out and settling into my new place im gutted i cant be involved with the hype the way i want to be :( 

can someone update me with everything thats happening? love u guys

Go check Arcadia’s last post: he summarized it perfectly. And oh, lustforlife is spilling info every hour or so…

WW going into Dealer is going to be ... caliente.  lana112.thumb.jpeg.9b8035ea4a7a0430e2237

Updated tracklist:

1. Text Book

2. Blue Banisters

3. Arcadia

4. Interlude

10. Thunder

11. Wildflower Wildfire

12. Dealer

13. Living Legend

14. Cherry Blossom

5 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

the way this is probably what happend bsjdfh like why living legend of all songs (lovely choice tho)

I seriously don’t doubt it! It’s exactly what Stevie Nicks did a few years back for her 24 Karat Gold album ?

“We went onto YouTube and we found all the songs that, somehow, were taken from my house or picked up or loaned out or whatever,”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/stevie-nicks-watched-youtube-videos-of-herself-for-new-album-243559/

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, StillOnMyMind said:

So I guess digital release October 8th and physicals 22th.

fr? :wowcry: SHIT I DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR THAT ALREADY

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

9 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

when she plays baby blue love and uses it as inspiration for dealer :typewriter:

I'm ON FIRE but what can I do?

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: