Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Lana knows what she’s doing putting all of these songs on-this is a well thought out narrative album. I knew this track would be polarizing but Dealer has its purpose and we will find it out 

Spoiler

But i fucking love it:lange:

3 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

help

Reveal hidden contents

who else is confused by the production in the back starting 2:28

Spoiler

Hot take but I kinda think what leaked is a sort of demo / file messed up by whoever had it + leaked it. If I'm right, I hope the final version in the album would have more Lana than Miles, tbh.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Spoiler

i mean it kind of sounds like something bluesey and vibey she would have written back with trash magic and disco + some lfl era ad libs.

has to be a demo though i mean that off key synth is just..

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Spoiler

i actually don't mind the male vocals being so prominent, i'm in love with the chill instrumental and Lana's INSANE vocals, she sounds so pissed off and I'M LIVING. at the halfway mark though there's weird background noises that really bother me?? I hope BOZ or someone can confirm that this is a low quality version and the album one will be a clearer audio. otherwise this song is SO unique from her discography and it's a breath of fresh air amidst the beautiful piano ballads that seem to be this album's bread and butter.

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

6 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

help

Hide contents

who else is confused by the production in the back starting 2:28

The leaked audio sounds like a Discord recording to me, so I'm assuming the weird background noise isn't a part of the song but instead is someone playing another audio during the call.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Spoiler

Okay hear it again, it kindda looks like it will grow (I hope) but i wish it's only lana singing and we can hear her voice more over the music? also those synths are so over the place like? I hope it's more of a Brooklyn Baby end kind of vocals and climax

original.gif

Spoiler

Dealer is a fucking vibe. I can see how it wouldn't be everyones cup of tea but I am fucking living. Idk def experimental phone sex operator vibes lol. I love Miles/Alex on it too. Lana's part kind of reminds me of Pink Cellphone by Deftones. Just a bit. Idk it has a real atmosphere, def is not playing it safe or bland lol. Sexy future retro jazz sensation lol.

Also love the fucking drums. We need that LSP record one day!

Spoiler

I kinda like how drunk she sounds. The only problem is that it's giving demo vibes. Maybe that was intentional, but at some parts it's a little bit too much. WW drums haters will crucify her for this song.:flop: