Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

21 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Something about this pic always makes me think it’s a hot dog when I first look at it

like the color…her hair kinda looks like the hot dog bun. Idk. 

Nwk3Bjp.jpeg

I keep reading this and it hasn’t stopped being funny yet :thumb:

Lol I missed everything that happened in the last few hours! I haven't listened to the LQ version of Dealer but I'm intrigued by how polarizing it is. The Twin Peaks comparisons are promising. I haven't listened to the new Arcadia snippet either. Is it true there are horns, strings and spacey sounds? I thought miss boz said that the sound will be same-y lol so I kinda expected it to be (mostly) piano-driven.

I was genuinely touched by Lana's IG post. This will be her most personal album and judging from her little text, this is going to be narratively cohesive. I love the fact that she doesn't care about promotion, critical reception and people's expectations anymore. She's really entered her intellectual rock diva phase. 

Spoiler

Black Bathing Suit and Violets for Roses are such intriguing titles. I have a feeling that tracks 5-8 will be as lyrically complex as TB/WFWF. And I'm really excited about Sweet Carolina with it being the closer and tying all the album's themes. 

1 minute ago, BlueGreenGray said:

I haven't listened to the new Arcadia snippet either. Is it true there are horns, strings and spacey sounds? 

Yes, Arcadia is Crazy for You renamed

1 minute ago, Doll Harlow said:

Which song is going to be the upbeat hoe anthem that we normally get (Freak, Cherry, Cinnamon Girl, Tulsa Jesus Freak)?

I'm rooting for

Spoiler

Black Bathing Suit (do I have to put song titles in spoilers?)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

3 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Which song is going to be the upbeat hoe anthem that we normally get (Freak, Cherry, Cinnamon Girl, Tulsa Jesus Freak)?

if it isn't

Spoiler

black bathing suit

i will riot bc that title is reserved for a hoe anthem :oprah3:

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i just know the critics are going to tear this album apart simply because it was released by lana del rey

Nwk3Bjp.jpeg

But she's literally giving them ammo by putting Dealer out to the world

Nwk3Bjp.jpeg

I can't even look at the tracklist and think that it's real. This is all too much. I'm overwhelmed. I'm spiraling, IM SPIRALING!! Also I'm in the strict no leaks club so the fact that yall are in love with it all serves. This fandom won't be taking BB slander. That shits embarrassing keep it to yourself.

6 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Spoiler

Black Bathing Suit or If You Lie Down With Me I guess. I wonder if The Trio - lol, I love the title! Perhaps Dawes, Erickson and Simon are doing their thing with a free jazz interlude? - leads to a different sound. If not, then Black Bathing Suit could be the even sluttier - yet still sophisticated - sister of Arcadia. I'm getting rock vibes from Beautiful btw. Although Violets for Roses right before Dealer - aren't roses her favorite flowers? Or at least they used to be! - means that this could be another very personal and raw/angry song. 

Also, what is the general consensus on the new Arcadia snippet here? Do you guys love it? Has it met your expectations? 

Spoiler

wow dealer is easily one of my favorite lana songs. i cant describe it. so moody and so much anger and frustration. “not one shirt off your back” is such a good line. im absolutely obsessed i cant wait to hear what else she has in store. 

Can't stop listening to the Arcadia snippets

Nwk3Bjp.jpeg

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.