Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Dealer perfectly captures

Spoiler

a very specific feeling around being trapped in an addiction - or with someone with an addiction -  the monotony mixed with mania 

like when Roller Girl and Amber Waves are in the bedroom doing drugs and they're crying and laughing and would do anything to leave but can never leave

4 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

Dealer perfectly captures

Spoiler

a very specific feeling around being trapped in an addiction - or with someone with an addiction -  the monotony mixed with mania 

like when Roller Girl and Amber Waves are in the bedroom doing drugs and they're crying and laughing and would do anything to leave but can never leave

Yes! I was with a heroin addict for 4 years until July 2020 and I can feel exactly what she was going for in this song. It's fucking amazing, I can feel the frustration and emotion behind her "screams" Ugh idk how to explain it. OMG I love this song. I cannot wait for this album

I just heard it and omg, when she came on I felt every sensation known to man. I felt the struggle, the frustration, the emotion of not being able to do anything and just being angry. FUCK I love it. I need more like this.

1 minute ago, mar said:

lana & barrie back together december 2021 EP manifesting 

I’ll take the music at least but them together is a no go lolz

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 minute ago, CHANEL #1 said:

So is the version of Dealer without the weird noise fanmade?? I'm not about to go back through all the pages to check :rip: 

Yes

I can’t believe this is going to be an actual album released by the real Lana Del Rey, the tracklist reads like a fan wishlist :wub: I love this woman and her art so much, it’s overwhelming :crai: 

Bzw0.gif

Spoiler

Dealer is really good, iirc Lana had minor backing vocals on Miles Kane’s track Loaded didn’t she? I’ve been waiting to hear them work together again. I wish Lana had more singing bc the song kind of sounds like the first half and second half are about the same, I feel like MK’s part overshadows her a lot. But the screaming is really good. Really emotive track. This album is gonna be something else…. so many iconic tracks. Potentially one of her best records?

“YOUR NAME IS SUN CHILD!!!! BYE.... your real name probably maylee and i just know you look like a cabbage patch doll..white pasty boring straight tennessee fat bitch. GET A GRIP” - Jesus

31 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

Wow I’ve missed a lot. I think I’m going to wait to listen to Dealer. I hope it’s worth the wait!!! I wonder if she screams on this track like she had talked about earlier…

Spoiler

it's not actual screaming (i genuinely thought she was gonna go lingua ignota on us lol)– more like very intense/loud/plaintive singing, in a way we've not heard from her before

aOaIzH2.gif