Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

13 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

Remember when I downloaded the Chemtrails leak and broke my dad's computer :oprah3: 

I- 

:omfg2::eek3::heidi:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

She was also in it for honeymoon ?

omg true, how did I forget?? I blame it on the fact that it's RELEASE DAY 

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

8 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

i want an album trailer so bad, do we think we would get a high end MV?

I could see that happening. That alternative cover of her with the huge earring looks like it could be a still from a MV. I could see her releasing Arcadia with its semi-homemade visual now and then putting out another single/ music video shortly before/ at the release in october

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

6 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

question (for the culture :fabcat:) hope not too off topic, but has she been completely sober since she was 15...or has she broken her sobriety considering she sings a lot about drugs and stuff..?

maybe check out this thread?

Spoiler

there has been speculation and even her own comments that she's done quite alot of drugs and I'm sure she used to drink still in her late teens

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

14 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

Remember when I downloaded the Chemtrails leak and broke my dad's computer :oprah3: this time I've learned my lesson, I will wait for the album to be officially released!

LOL I SHOULDN'T LAUGHING BUT:lmao:

4 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

I don't know if anyone else caught this, but I found this interesting.

On Reddit, a couple users left comments about Lana's IG post for the album:

I was confused initially by some of the language in her IG post, but now it all makes sense. :crai:

i still dont quite get it, so is this album about her journey of becoming sober and quitting alcohol?

if it is, then this is her "How Big How Blue How Beautiful" Florence + The Machine era.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

9 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

question (for the culture :fabcat:) hope not too off topic, but has she been completely sober since she was 15...or has she broken her sobriety considering she sings a lot about drugs and stuff..?

She is not drinking wine... but that cherry coke you serve it's fine:oprah3:

original.gif

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i still dont quite get it, so is this album about her journey of becoming sober and quitting alcohol?

if it is, then this is her "How Big How Blue How Beautiful" Florence + The Machine era.

YASSS HOW BIG HOW BLUE AND BLUE BANISTERS ARE SISTERS :angie: 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

13 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

sobriety is a lifelong daily commitment so undoubtedly even if she is sober today, it still takes conscious effort to stay so, so it's not surprising that she still sings about it

mUENGN9.png

Spoiler

so in the end it actually was a drug dealer she was talking about! i like the untamed Lizzy vibes this song seems to be reminiscent of based on what you said, although I won't listen to it until the official release

this whole situation makes me even more curious as to the mysterious song that was mastered for Chemtrails but then got scrapped, which was confirmed not to be loved you then and now if i remember correctly. I wonder if it also was scrapped because it was too different from the rest of Chemtrails, and if so, how different it was, like what genre it explored. I also hope the songs she did in 2020 and intended to put on blue banisters before scrapping them see the light of the day at some point although I'm confident this album will be excellent and coherent the way it is

also, it's fascinating that we're going to get a 2013 song co-written by Barrie that we never heard before (although it might not feature her 2013 vocals if it was reworked), i really love this idea of us getting an old song which Lana obviously thinks is good in an official way. it also makes me wonder if some leakers possessed this song we didn't know about

Edited by Clampigirl
Please put details about the song/album in spoilers <3

Dealer sounds so much like 'Things Ain't Like They Used to Be' by The Black Keys. I think Miles and Alex are friends with Dan, and their musical style is similar, so it makes sense. It's just nice hearing Lana on a song that sounds Dan-produced again. 

:crying4:

1 hour ago, Sadaurora said:

getting famous usually fucks up your “normal” life experiences so many artist usually feel sort of imprisoned in their celebrity lifestyles and they tend to sing about how it was before throughout their whole careers. This is kinda sad but I think she will sing about her early 20s as long as she makes songs