Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, luminom said:

Hide contents

Honestly I'm glad she decided not to touch (apparently) most of the older, leaked songs. What she did to TNBAR was ----- a crime to say the least :toofunny:. The song went from what could have been a carreer defining song to a cute album track. So keeping Thunder, LL, Nectar and Cherry Blossom pretty much the way they are makes me happy, because they are all insanely good tracks.

Spoiler

Apparently she has touched some of the leaked songs though. According to eclipse Nectar is the same and boz said that she hasn't touched Dealer either. But some of the songs have been changed and tbh I think that Living Legend is definitely one of them. Thunder needs to be more polished but other than that it's pretty much perfect as it is. 

I'm very intrigued by Sweet Carolina - a new song featuring lyrics from her dad and sister! - which not only comes right after a sequence of older tracks but also closes the album. It must be a very special song for her. And when her closers are original songs (Get Free & hope...) they usually end up being highlights of her entire discography. 

16 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

I kinda hope the UO cover is from a second MV she's already shot because she looks so fucking regal. I love it. 

she kinda looks like COCC MV lana

Just now, tulsa jesus freaks said:

the standard cover was shot by Neil? the one with the dogs?

I think they are all shot by Neil, not necessarily confirmed but inferred.

6 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

I don't have itunes :poordat: I know you can listen to your local files @ spotify on PC. Not on mobile though :(
Spotify do need to step up their game, yeah

You can, tho... 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

7 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

I don't have itunes :poordat: I know you can listen to your local files @ spotify on PC. Not on mobile though :(

I created an album in iTunes called 'I Hear The Birds On The Summer Wind' where I keep all of Lana's unreleased tracks--regardless of how they got out into the world. There's about 80 songs on it at present.  

So I do actually, physically have 'Living Legend,' 'Cherry Blossom,' etc. But I'm looking forward to what the songs will sound like on BB. Even if they're identical, I'll be happy. 'Living Legend' is one of my all-time favorites of her catalog. 

3 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

not true bestie. Spotify has that feature too. You need to to that - https://support.spotify.com/us/article/local-files/

3 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

how??

You create a playlist with your local files on your PC, and then download it on your phone :makeup: that's how I stream her unreleased stuff!

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, FallingCherry said:

The thing with TNBAR is that she rewrote it and changed its original meaning, which isn’t necessarily something she has to do for every song. "Reworking" a song can also just mean perfecting the instrumental or recording more recent vocals for it 

I agree that TNBAR is a more overhaul situation so to speak but alas reworking is a fine line. Everybody has their own things they take away from songs. Whether it is a certain sound, tone, instrument, or vocal delivery/flourish. Point is that one simple tweak can go in either direction and for me personally I am happy with the tracks as they are. Of course it would be interesting to have them freshened up and see how that adds further to the work as a whole but it isn't necessarily something I need or crave.