Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, naturalbornloser said:

About the "cover" I feel she knows exactly what she's doing. We were so used to this ultra-glamourized image of Lana and then she releases something like this, the cover will obviously spark a conversation and giving her promo without trying

It's not really the right kind of promo, though. It just keeps getting messier and messier, but I think I'm starting to appreciate the effort. 

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.

I just gotta say.. there is no way some of y’all think that’s the real cover.. there is absolutely no way any label executive/ben/ed would approve that, especially when they refused to let her use the original nfr cover, which, admittedly, wasn’t that terrible. (also, to everyone calling it iconic/better than cocc’s - you’re straight up delusional ?, how are you gonna try to excuse Literal picsart editing done in approximately 3 minutes) 

1 minute ago, brandon said:

(also, to everyone calling it iconic/better than cocc’s - you’re straight up delusional ?, how are you gonna try to excuse Literal picsart editing done in approximately 3 minutes) 

I think they're probably saying the image she posted is genius, because those quotation marks on either side of the frame suggest that she may be trying to deconstruct herself and her own authenticity as artist on BB. That's what I've gathered. 

6 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

did anyone notice how great of a promo this is. there r viral tweets and everyone already knows that lana is cumming this summer:wink:

https://www.insider.com/lana-del-rey-blue-banisters-album-cover-picsart-fan-reactions-2021-4

I just wish people were talking about her in a good way ? it hurts me seeing my girl get made fun of!! ???

anyways if she debuts an actual real piece of cover art and has good music again, we can still salvage this summer lmfaooo

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I think it’s very obvious that this cover is intended to be a self-parody in response to all the criticism she got for her cover arts over the last year.

I don’t think it’s the real one, but rather just a “placeholder” that was meant to incite shock and conversation. She’s basically embracing the infamy that overshadowed every musical endeavour she did in 2020 and turning it into a promotional strategy for her art. 

This is the same woman who writes beautiful, multi-layered complex songs time and time again, and whose visuals consistently show effort (look at the Chemtrails Over the Country Club video if you think otherwise - there’s a lot of investment there clearly). 

I think we should give her more credit than a lot of people have been lately. Reminder that she literally said in a 2019 interview that she stopped promoting her records after Ultraviolence because “nobody cared” - she knows what people are saying (or not saying - it seems she feels the media will talk about anything BUT the actual music, and she’s right)  and seems to respond to that through everything surrounding the music. 

14 minutes ago, theelusivechanteur said:

I think they're probably saying the image she posted is genius, because those quotation marks on either side of the frame suggest that she may be trying to deconstruct herself and her own authenticity as artist on BB. That's what I've gathered. 

I mean I get wanting to find some hidden meaning behind elements of it but... I honestly feel like it’s not that deep ? She probably just picked a template with the quotes and was like “oh this looks cool”

I’m actually cackling at the fact we ALL knew it wasn’t coming out on June 1st. It already got delayed ?  but that’s a good thing I guess because now we know it’s for sure coming July 4th. I hope it’s got plenty of summer bangers on it, if so I will have no choice but to transcend. Lana-Del-Rey-hot-look-gif.gif?resize=554 

1 hour ago, 5Rick said:

Anyways, don't know if any of you has already noticed it but... yep, also the Twitter announcement is gone :awkney:

what announcement??? lana only announced RCS on insta and the Blue Banisters thing is still on twitter and insta

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, thiskidstorm said:

I’m actually cackling at the fact we ALL knew it wasn’t coming out on June 1st. It already got delayed ?  but that’s a good thing I guess because now we know it’s for sure coming July 4th. I hope it’s got plenty of summer bangers on it, if so I will have no choice but to transcend. Lana-Del-Rey-hot-look-gif.gif?resize=554 

who’s gonna tell them :bebe:

2 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

what announcement??? lana only announced RCS on insta and the Blue Banisters thing is still on twitter and insta

Polydor posted about the album on both Twitter and Instagram and they deleted it 

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think it’s very obvious that this cover is intended to be a self-parody in response to all the criticism she got for her cover arts over the last year.

I don’t think it’s the real one, but rather just a “placeholder” that was meant to incite shock and conversation. She’s basically embracing the infamy that overshadowed every musical endeavour she did in 2020 and turning it into a promotional strategy for her art. 

This is the same woman who writes beautiful, multi-layered complex songs time and time again, and whose visuals consistently show effort (look at the Chemtrails Over the Country Club video if you think otherwise - there’s a lot of investment there clearly). 

I think we should give her more credit than we have been lately. Reminder that she literally said in a 2019 interview that she stopped promoting her records after Ultraviolence because “nobody cared” - she knows what people are saying and seems to respond to that through everything surrounding the music. 

Maybe it is real though and she is sitting in her house raging at being mocked, QFTC Part 2 Coming soon.

giphy.gif

"Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj all released albums with terrible cover art and nobody said anything about them"  :crazy:

4 minutes ago, thiskidstorm said:

We know it's not coming July 4th. Until there is a pre-order link + album trailer available, it's not coming. 

Spoiler

Speaking of which... Take this with a grain of salt, but @diorleak on Twitter did mention something about a single in May when I asked. 

Just now, Barry said:

Maybe it is real though and she is sitting in her house raging at being mocked, QFTC Part 2 Coming soon.

giphy.gif

"Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj all released albums with terrible cover art and nobody said anything about them"  :crazy:

Nicki had her titties out the Queen cover, Lana needs to recreate THAT :godlaugh:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

5 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

The one from Polydor Records

1 minute ago, Barry said:

giphy.gif

omg please dont manifest this i ran out of xanax

faSE.gif

5 minutes ago, theelusivechanteur said:

We know it's not coming July 4th. Until there is a pre-order link + album trailer available, it's not coming. 

Hide contents

Speaking of which... Take this with a grain of salt, but @diorleak on Twitter did mention something about a single in May when I asked. 

That’s a good way to look at it after how messy the Chemtrails era was but the post about July 4th is still on her Twitter and too many other social media outlets have posted about it - catching the eyes of all of her critics and now it’s too late for her to turn back on it. I think she knows better then to play around or be lazy with this era after hyping it up for “revenge” on said critics and if not then it might be a big downfall of hers, unfortunately. I have a strong feeling that she’s firm this time. Things have been hard for everyone lately and she isn’t an exception just because she’s a celeb. 

Just now, BluebirdXO said:

Watch her disappear for two weeks, come back posting pictures of her cats and not saying a single word about the album

She will probably repost the announcement every month with the same selfie. Only that the pics art thing gets worse every time :dua: