Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

honestly because i can't go to a lot of her shows and haven't seen her live, i've only ever seen her live stuff on youtube, i personally don't feel like i'm missing too much (especially because the set lists don't change much)

but i would love to hear some cocc songs live though. i think some of those live would be amazing

I saw her on Lolla in 2018, it was like heaven of earth, the crowd went crazy. I love to see her serving vocals and the outfits, and i love to see tour posters, love to see how is the scenery of the stage, its beautiful

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

3 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

I saw her on Lolla in 2018, it was like heaven of earth, the crowd went crazy. I love to see her serving vocals and the outfits, and i love to see tour posters, love to see how is the scenery of the stage, its beautiful

I mean... tumblr_p66rixMkfl1rtzvrno5_r2_400.gifv tumblr_p66rixMkfl1rtzvrno6_r2_400.gifv 8cb10adaef9021bf92b576105adb3710.gif fuck.....

8 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

c'mon let's paint the bannisters, tenor.gif fix ur weather vane tenor.gif take the pain away n paint the baaaaaaaaanniiiisteeeeeers bluuuuuuuu hooooo hooooo source.gifs85Ppg9.gif

LMFAO i wouldn't be surprised if she references Brokeback mountain fr ?

On 3/21/2021 at 5:13 PM, Surf Noir said:

i would love something reminiscent of "disco"! it's haunting, dark, yet very well-crafted lyrically, and the rich whores version is a total banger, i'd love that sound :pray2: 

I know I'm really late responding to you, but I just came across this post and you're so right. Now that we have the little snippet  think we might just be getting some stuff like this and I can't help get the feeling that it's going to have some sort of 'Twin Peaks' theme to it too. Like how Julee Cruise sang 'Falling'. All american like real good coffee and cherry-pie...with sinister, darker, more edgy undertones. Which I'm totally here for.

1 minute ago, COCC said:

Suddenly LB likes piano ballads and Jack again :ma:

deep down, i dont  think people hate them, they're just greedy, they want bigger and better all the time.

2 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

atmospheric, I think this is the key word for the BB snippet, it feels kinda dreamy

100% the ambiance just feels like tho color blue. idk if that makes sense but I love it.  

Just now, King of Saigon said:

Manifesting a song like thunder on the album :tommy:. Also manifesting more Barrie James references :ohsnap:, even tho she's with clay and I love how happy she is with him. 

thunder is holy for me, if she give us another one I litterally die. 

Just now, King of Saigon said:

100% the ambiance just feels like tho color blue. idk if that makes sense but I love it.  

YESSSSS!!! I AGREE SO BAD

4 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I missed a few hours in here, I’m in love with BB snippet. Do we think it’s jack production? I’m team jack so everyone be nice 

I think it's too early to say anything, there is a significant possibility that he is the producer, but nothing really consistent. All we have is a piano with heavy reverb and low treatment vocals, anyone can do this and since mike dean collab is in the air we don't know. What if lana brought back rick, because jack is too busy to make a full album again so she asked him and mike to do the more ''commercial'' tracks to this album. Im being kinda delusional but dreaming is free!

On 3/22/2021 at 11:34 AM, Ultra Violet said:

Can anyone actually think of a good, non-problematic way that cultural appropriation could be address in this album? Because I can't :toofunny:

Going full-bore, all-American, cowboys and angels and bikers and Twin Peaks-esue diners...with the 'cover' being 'Achy Breaky Heart' slowed down a ton and all distorted.

38 minutes ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

I think the song is going to be beautiful, cinematic, sad and happy all at once. It sounds like she really just wants that true, simple, ideal relationship (talking about house chores, having children), and she’s desperately asking this guy (Clay) to do it all for her, and also “take away her pain” (obviously the “house chores” can be both literal and metaphorical). She’s asking him to be that guy for her. It’s a true love song. Also relates to the ideas within COTCC about her escaping, running away from fame, and settling into a normal life. This is the perfect continuation from that record if she decides to go down this path!

The lyrics also remind me of Venice Bitch, in particular the lyrics, “give me hallmark, one dream, one life, one lover - paint me happy and blue”. Again, she’s talking about that idealistic ‘white picket fence’ life she wishes to build with someone, and the colour blue also plays into it thematically. 

Love this so much. Just an extra thought I think maybe the phrase “paint my banisters blue” is a departure from her describing herself as blue or another person as blue, or being painted blue. No longer is it a person, it’s is the banisters, I’m picturing a house, more specifically like a lived in house.  It also reminded me of Venice bitch. I genuinely think she is on the verge of being happy now and just wants to settle down and build a house and just make music. Something I loved about COCC like you mentioned is how it was almost a rebelion from the Hollywood culture, lifestyle, and fame. This is very rare in a lot of big mainstream artist so I think that’s why a lot of people are turned off. But I loved COCC and the story it told. I’m going to start a post about COCC soon cuz it is just the definition of beauty and art. But I’m 100%  getting the same vibe that you are getting.