Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 minutes ago, lanasgirl said:

Her deleting that post makes me feel like she wants to keep it our secret and that makes it even more special.

When I first listened, I hated all three songs lmao. I’m in bed now, listening to all songs again and really taking the time to understand the lyrics. “Wildflower Wildfire”  is easily the strongest out of the three imo, if only the weird sounding drums wouldn’t ruin it – shame on you, Mike Dean. Love the comments about Patty.

“Blue Banisters” is cute, anyone care to explain the green and grey banisters? What do you think the colours symbolise? 
Also, for some reason the lines “And be happy, and that scared me” remind me of the chorus in “Without You”?!?!! Does anyone get what I mean or am I imagining things???

“Text Book” I still have to get more used to and I don’t really get the song yet (not a native speaker).  

Overall, all three songs share a very distinctive sound, she sounds so desperate to share these songs with us, these new puzzle pieces, explaining why she’s the way she is. It reminds me of the way her singing in “White Dress” makes me feel. It feels so new! 

I love this so much and i agree especially with the last part. There's something so urgent about white dress and these three singles. It's so desperately longing to be understood. To see past everything and to see just her and the human that she is like all of us. It explains a lot of the lyrics in these singles where she reveals very personal information to us compared to her early music where she sings more in "themes" 

faSE.gif

so... will we start the mike lashings now or will that happen in 2 days when the hype wears off ? :blush3:

no but seriously it’s my fav track but i don’t get why she needed him, a hip hop producer, with 2 other hip-hop producers... all that for a piano track with some "drums" ? not a single hip-hop element in sight... like idk why the hip-hop producers then ? you tell me jack, zach, gabe or the lfl guy couldn’t have made that ? why specifically mike ? especially now that the album clearly won’t be very hip-hop-ish/lfl... i am confusion :noparty:

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

The three tracks do have strong Violet X Chemtrails? Norman? vibes 

yup it seems she found a common ground with her songwriting and poetry :excited:

Since Zach produced Text Book, Dealer almost seems like a safe bet / certainty for this album (and thank God! I hate when she teases a song in interview and it ends up not making the cut).

I feel like she's probably nervous about how things are being received which is why she's silent for now.. I know sometimes after I get a notif that like an essay was graded I avoid checking it for a while cuz I'm nervous about what grade I got 

UbsOye5.png

I’m so sorry for those who can’t feel the connection to the magic Lana created and shared with us. (No shade lol) We’re so lucky to be able to experience this beauty. 

Cover concept! Lana “burning” the narrative of her critics. 

If you look closely, her name, the album title, and various pictures of her - including the infamous car selfie - are on the newspaper. Edited to mimic the BB video as well. Hope you like it - the three tracks we’ve heard today are absolutely godly so I’m really revelling in Lana’s creative genius <3

0-AD3-BFA1-2-BC3-458-F-8051-0-A0-CE52886

Just now, Sugar Venom said:

I feel like she's probably nervous about how things are being received which is why she's silent for now.. I know sometimes after I get a notif that like an essay was graded I avoid checking it for a while cuz I'm nervous about what grade I got 

Yes, these songs are extremely personal and she clearly feels vulnerable. On top of that, she was hurt multiple times with her fan interactions on ig lately so it’s understandable she wants to avoid the spotlight. 

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

If you look closely, her name, the album title, and various pictures of her - including the infamous car selfie - are on the newspaper. Edited to mimic the BB video as well. Hope you like it - the three tracks we’ve heard today are absolutely godly so I’m really revelling in Lana’s creative genius <3

Beautiful as usual! 

Not going to lie I would low key be okay with an album produced solely by Zach and Gabe based off of the tracks we got today. They are so interesting and beautiful!

The outro in BB is just everything to me. I fucking love it!

beyond excited for this album holy shit - the lyrics are literal poetry it's gonna take a while to digest she's that godly

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

This is stunning, as you always deliver! I especially love the color theme, the blue lighting and the red fire highlighting her face. Although we’ll never get something like this, IMHO. I’m expecting a very simple picture, hopefully not amateurish. So far, it seems like this album will be very introspective and she’s almost shy to share it. The cover will be very low key