Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

34 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

I actually have been hoping she'd actually update us on that water project she did. But I'm ok with more America addressing-we deserve it. But off topic, stream National Anthem that day, been doing each year since it's release and it's just wonderful. Crack champagne and sing it. And then stream the BB album cus she'll probably drop it at a random hour that day so we all panic and blow up spotifys customer service.

Edit-justice for Niko indeed!! He meowed out of pocket ONCE and we haven't seen him since. I miss that cats energy.

She has already adressed blm / racism, so I could totally see her sing about politics- maybe more general like LFL, maybe with specific lyrics like in the three singles we got.  Also how she thinks it all comes down to narcissism.

1 minute ago, paradisetropico said:

okay has anyone wondered why she included the "tex and mex are in the bay" like I love it but average listeners or new listeners unfamiliar with Lanas music r prolly scratching their heads ? 

Sorry but I dont see a big difference between Tex & Mex vs. Nikki, Chuck or Jenny if we talk about average listeners. It was the same with COCC  :um:

1 minute ago, paradisetropico said:

okay has anyone wondered why she included the "tex and mex are in the bay" like I love it but average listeners or new listeners unfamiliar with Lanas music r prolly scratching their heads ? 

I think this is one of those "fuck it who cares" Lyrics. It's so oddly right on if you've had those size dogs at a bay. I once was at a Bayside house with my best friend and his German Shephard Kona and Bernese mountain dog Bo and those two always flew right in. I miss them so, but it's a very special memory-i only learned her dogs names on their bday the other week but still, I get it....that's a long as rant for some pooches ;) this album is literally just for the stans.

I'm just glad that Jack Jackoff will not be producing this record. I'm so tired of his lethargic guitars and farting horns. :tanisha:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

While I definitely enjoyed these singles, I’m really hoping there’s some more melodically driven songs on this album. I miss the strong melodies & harmonies from BTD / UV.... I don’t necessarily need her to return to that subject matter, but I just hope every song isn’t written as one long poem. :ohno:

14417469274.gif

3 hours ago, HighbytheSea said:

So Mazzy Star lyrics but better cus it's Lana (we biased here) but with a Beach House synth fuzz mixed with her classic strings. SIS MANIFEST!

Mazzy Star lyrics are over the top metaphorical though and not as outspoken and personal as the ones on those three singles.

CoCc and NFR had a few Mazzy Star moments but none of the new songs go into that direction with their sound or songwriting

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Chemtrails was actually a pretty happy and contemplative album lyrically. Nostalgia and melancholia were still part of it but I found that overall, it’s her least sad record. Even the melodies are almost « joyful » for Lana. 

Thank God she’s going back to what I fell in love with 10 years ago : pure tragedy and sadness. I’m ready to be torn apart again after the three new songs.

4 minutes ago, normanrockwhale said:

If she wants to sing something about politics, she should make a song with Purge The Poison energy, to not be offended by media again

Just without the Pussy Riot remix :eek:

I feel cold little heart vibes with textbook, big little lies energy sans annoying plot

Aka Honeymoon 

1 minute ago, LAman said:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I've been listening to the three songs a lot in my car, driving around the city streets, and despite thinking that it would not work in that setting, because they seem more intimate and suited to late night listening at home by candlelight, there is something about them that works perfectly.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

if Blue Banisters is the opening track, the album won't have a instrumental intro and all of her albums have it... maybe this is a break on a tradition or maybe BB won't be the opening track (which is a break on a tradition too)

0YnL0Kf.gif

3 hours ago, COCC said:

Tex and Mex :hooker: #JusticeForNiko

(...)

Aaah #JusticeForNikoAndTOPANGA!!! :crazy: she has two cats! 

I think she put 'tex and mex' line just because it sounded nicely it was rhyming. :yawn: sorry not sorry, I am the cat lady.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f

7 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

if Blue Banisters is the opening track, the album won't have a instrumental intro and all of her albums have it... maybe this is a break on a tradition or maybe BB won't be the opening track (which is a break on a tradition too)

Why bb not being opening track would be a break on a tradition? 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, lustforlife said:

I think the album will go to the nostalgic pop dream of text book. I dont see Lana doing a hip hop sound with mike with those three singles out :horror2:

sadly.

15 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

I can kinda see TB being the opener, it’s very calm, kinda like Cruel World was. It wouldn’t have a grand opening with strings like BTD, HM or NFR, or any sort of instrumental build up before Lana starts to sing like in WD or Love, but it would still be a great opener imo. The way it’s very quiet in the beginning and then becomes louder and bigger in the chorus makes it a very good contestant. Also, « I guess you could call it text book, I was looking for the father I wanted back » is a pretty iconic line, very heartwrenching and would set the mood for the rest of the record

edit: now that I think about it, Love starts very quietly too! So TB as the opener wouldn’t be shocking

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

unrelated but just thought of this

I loved the emotion behind the high octave on bb, I want more of that I miss her high high notes, manifesting tired of singing the blues high octave and notes :pray2:

lights, camera, acción

2 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

While I definitely enjoyed these singles, I’m really hoping there’s some more melodically driven songs on this album. I miss the strong melodies & harmonies from BTD / UV.... I don’t necessarily need her to return to that subject matter, but I just hope every song isn’t written as one long poem. :ohno:

i'm just fed up with the ballads.

her faster-paced tracks (don't call me angel, doin' time, summertime sadness, high by the beach, blue jeans, summer bummer, national anthem) have always been her rarest. And it seems like BB will be her second album with a single one. Which, as a fan, is super annoying to me (regardless of how great these 1,000 ballads are).