Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

34 minutes ago, normanrockwhale said:

Why bb not being opening track would be a break on a tradition? 

The title track always switch between 1 and 2 on her tracklists.

BTD - was track 1

UV - was track 2

HM - was track 1

LFL - was track 2

NFR - was track 1

COCC - was track 2

BB is supposedly track 1 so if it's not is a break on a tradition

0YnL0Kf.gif

i feel like these songs are her way to see what people will think about the album in general. She set the mood for what's coming and she was making sure how people would react to be ready for critics when album drops, me thinks

0YnL0Kf.gif

On 5/23/2021 at 11:17 PM, honeybadger said:

the thing is, i don't think lana deeply cares about having super high streaming numbers and super commercially successful songs. people always try to argue that her label cares and yes, they do, but she'll always pull numbers from a tight fanbase and has been consistently successful. and has also had quite a long career.

the fading into obscurity thing is a whole different deal - but i don't think she really will. coming from someone extremely biased... :hottie: she's had such an impact on music (BTD and UV are staples, NFR is loved by many, etc etc) that i don't really ever see her fading away. it's not like she's currently releasing bad music – it's just less palatable to the general public. same thing happened with honeymoon and she came back and delivered arguably her most commercial album. i don't see the longevity of her career or her success being ruined because she's not releasing commercially successful songs (as singles) anymore/right now

100 agreed. But Lana is not that famous, not like Adele or Taylor, and if she continues going down this route of not caring for commercial success, the interest will vane. They're already ignoring her ballads in playlists on itunes whereas billie eilish occupies the first spot with a ballad. Whereas BTD videos accumulated hundreds of millions of views, Chemtrails barely got 20. Add to that her ageing and getting full-figured, which america hates more than anything, her career is pretty much fading. 

2 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

While I definitely enjoyed these singles, I’m really hoping there’s some more melodically driven songs on this album. I miss the strong melodies & harmonies from BTD / UV.... I don’t necessarily need her to return to that subject matter, but I just hope every song isn’t written as one long poem. :ohno:

100%.  I'm also tired of everything being in falsetto /head voice.  Missing her low voice of the early records.  When she would occasionally sing high on the early albums it had a big impact, because she used it sparingly.  Now everything is up in that range and there's less dynamics.

26vMNDz.gif

18 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

The title track always switch between 1 and 2 on her tracklists.

BTD - was track 1

UV - was track 2

HM - was track 1

LFL - was track 2

NFR - was track 1

COCC - was track 2

BB is supposedly track 1 so if it's not is a break on a tradition

I think Wildflower Wildfire will be the opening track (and Text Book the last one on the tracklist). Blue Banisters track 2 or 3

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

19 minutes ago, ParadiseFreak said:

100%.  I'm also tired of everything being in falsetto /head voice.  Missing her low voice of the early records.  When she would occasionally sing high on the early albums it had a big impact, because she used it sparingly.  Now everything is up in that range and there's less dynamics.

Well she said herself in one of her poems that her 'voice is higher' so Im not sure if there will be any song with that low register unfortunately :um:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f

19 minutes ago, ParadiseFreak said:

Yup I really feel that too. By now, I'm getting excited when she's using her low-register vocals again

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

[Unpopular opinion / plz dont drag me ?]

I really dont want her to put any more song out on June 1st! These 3 are enough. I want to  "experience" this era at the most of it and that's the thrill of actually discovering a new body of work from Lana while the more of it's still deep in the unknown the better it will be. I love NFR but that pre-release period literally traumatized me ? The fact that NFR consists only 14 tracks and we had to wait for the actual album release for 11 months, while had already replayed MAC, Venice B**** & How to disappear (Live) for almost a year, and a long 3-8 months of Doin' Time & hope... did not do NFR justice imo - That was 5 out of 14 tracks, fuck it & greatest 2 weeks before the album release as well. I'm not hating on these songs but when I listened to NFR for the 1st time, even tho i had been loving them a lot before the album was released, somehow they failed to evoke a special feeling of "being actually blown away" in me, not to mention the fact that there was a BUNCH of snippets (Htd, California, Sylvia, Title track, HIAB & Cinnamon snippets that Lana would constantly post on insta) that caused to slowly fade the hype that this whole album deserved in my initial listen.

In conclusion, if she wants to reveal something on June 1st, please be the official album cover / album tracklist / pre-order announcement / merch. Only ??? I can feel Blue Banisters will be THAT BITCH of her career, let there be justice for this album cycle.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 hours ago, bel air rose said:

at this point i think that fan was just lying for attention :tommy:

i still don’t know why we even believed that fan’s word in the first place like....the possibility for some twitter stan to lie for clout is just HUGE :sideeye:

3 hours ago, normanrockwhale said:

If she wants to sing something about politics, she should make a song with Purge The Poison energy, to not be offended by media again

i think one performative wannabe woke cringe fest on this album is enough let’s not add "anticapitalist" songs only for her to sell us ugly 100$ sweaters  :smokes3:

3 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

While I definitely enjoyed these singles, I’m really hoping there’s some more melodically driven songs on this album. I miss the strong melodies & harmonies from BTD / UV.... I don’t necessarily need her to return to that subject matter, but I just hope every song isn’t written as one long poem. :ohno:

Hmm, I kiiiind of agree with you. I’d love to hear something more melodically driven (these three singles are quite... quiet? in a sense?), and I’d appreciate something that doesn’t sound like a typical ballad, something in the feel of HBTB or TJF maybe, but I think her lyricism is fire! Hope, Mariner’s, Blue Banisters, they’re all so beautifully written and introspective, especially blue banisters where you kind of have to “read in between the lines” to get what she’s saying. So, yes, I’m here for stronger melodies as long as they have great lyrics to match! :D

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

59 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

i think one performative wannabe woke cringe fest on this album is enough let’s not add "anticapitalist" songs only for her to sell us ugly 100$ sweaters  :smokes3:

What I had on mind is that if she really wanted to talk about BLM or any other political things, it would be better if she did this in one rocky powerful song, and not putting BLM in song which is generally about her mother:icant:

And one whole song would be better for skipping:legend:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ParadiseFreak said:

Mhhh it’s not true though. She never used to occasionally sing high. UV is full of high notes for example. There are way more high notes in the main vocals on that album than there are on LFL or NFR. The difference is that she didn’t use her lower register a lot on COTCC, so there was less contrast with her usual high notes. She used to sing very low notes on BTD, UV and HM, reaching the bottom of the third octave, but let’s not forget that she felt like she had to lower her voice or she wouldn’t be taken seriously. Her natural voice is much higher.

To be completely honest, I don’t really understand why you think there are less dynamics in her music now. She delivered some pretty good lows in each of the three new songs, as well as some really good falsetto for WW and TB, and great belts in BB. She played with the different textures of her voice, with her projection too... the songs aren’t monotonous or boring imo. Even on COTCC, she made really good use of her projection and vocal textures. There are a lot of songs on her early albums that aren’t as dynamic (or songs in which the dynamics feel forced), probably because she was still figuring out how to properly use her instrument and how she could sound best

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

100 agreed. But Lana is not that famous, not like Adele or Taylor, and if she continues going down this route of not caring for commercial success, the interest will vane. They're already ignoring her ballads in playlists on itunes whereas billie eilish occupies the first spot with a ballad. Whereas BRD videos accumulated hundreds of millions of views, Chemtrails barely got 20. Add to that her ageing and getting full-figured, which america hates more than anything, her career is pretty much fading. 

Lana will never fade. She has a huge fanbase and she's still an icon even if she doesn't get the huge numbers of BTD. There are artist that struggle to get a couple million streams on their songs and still release albums cause some people still tune in for their releases. And Lana can literally make 0 money from new releases and still be able to make music from her past albums royalties and such. She already had like 900M streams in 2021 alone.

giphy.gif

Made an album cover with the original title. Hope ya'll like it. I was inspired by Bob Dylan's cover

With Border and without border:

LJ9MtBt.jpg

noSKOMO.png

The inspo:

Spoiler

Bob_Dylan_-_The_Times_They_Are_a-Changin

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think we're all sobbing for BTD/UV sounds, and I love Lana and her art with all my heart, but her music does not get to me as it did some years ago, but it's ok. She is evolving as an artist and person, just like all of us, which is beautiful. We really have the opportunity to grow with Lana, and I think we should appreciate every single work of art from her. Doesn't matter if it's produced by Jack or by Rick or anybody else.

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, gasstationkween said:

Remember when she released hope mac and vb and they ended up being the best songs on the album, I wonder if this will be the same 

well if this is the case, then we must also have something in the lines of bartender, love song, the greatest & california coming soon not necessarily in terms of sound but beauty and greatness  :oprah:

and a boppy, summery cover like doin' time

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

Add to that her ageing and getting full-figured, which america hates more than anything, her career is pretty much fading. 

I am getting annoyed by this argument, that artists age and fade into obscurity (once they hit their 30s)? I would stop worrying so much about her „career fading“, when she just released 2 years ago NFR, that put her even more on the spot of everyone. She‘s had a big impact since BTD and other, bigger artists acknowledging that just goes to show how little she’s fading :whoopi:

sorry if this comes off as harsh, but the ageism is really strong in here sometimes even though she‘s not even 40, which let’s face it, is still young. And to put it on America is funny, when Madonna dropped her best selling album close to her being 50. so much for that :mj:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????