Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m honestly wondering if she will announce the next album just after BB, with an impossible date, therefore putting us in a never ending nightmare of limbos, expecting bits of news everyday :toofunny:

We all know that she will. That's her best promo and the best way to keep us hooked :really:

1 hour ago, plastiscguy said:

If she needs to take a huge hiatus in order to make good music again, I won't be mad :toofunny:

and when she comes back from a 5 year hiatus with a stripped back 10 track piano only album then what ? :stareney:

7 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

and when she comes back from a 5 year hiatus with a stripped back 10 track piano only album then what ? :stareney:

Even in stripped down productions the melodies can be beautiful and the lyrics astonishing. If it was a well thought project, I would be here for it

41 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Even in stripped down productions the melodies can be beautiful and the lyrics astonishing. If it was a well thought project, I would be here for it

People complain about piano ballads as if Video Games, French Restaurant, Yayo, Old Money, Ultraviolence (Demo), Cherry Blossom, Old Money, Is This Happiness, God Knows I Tried, Terrence Loves You, Beautiful People, Change and most of NFR! didin't exist.

Do you guys think that Hey Baby Blue and I Must Be Stupid for Being So Happy it's going to be on BB?

When I think of blue banisters, wood, blue and fire comes to my mind. Those titles definitely fit in the title of the album for me

Spoiler

And I also see one of those songs being a collab with Nikki Lane 

25 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Do you guys think that Hey Baby Blue and I Must Be Stupid for Being So Happy it's going to be on BB?

When I think of blue banisters, wood, blue and fire comes to my mind. Those titles definitely fit in the title of the album for me

Reveal hidden contents

I think so too, and I honestly hope they are! HBB was very catchy when I first heard it, I’d love to have a studio version, and IMBSFBSH sounded great as well.

33 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

People complain about piano ballads as if Video Games, French Restaurant, Yayo, Old Money, Ultraviolence (Demo), Cherry Blossom, Old Money, Is This Happiness, God Knows I Tried, Terrence Loves You, Beautiful People, Change and most of NFR! didin't exist.

there’s like 2 simple stripped back piano songs in there so you do see the problem :tsk:

59 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Hide contents

Hey Blue Baby, But solo.

IMG-3521.jpg

1 hour ago, YourGirl666 said:

That's not the problem, tho? Lana is known for her ballads. The thing is, some of hers are good, some great, and then we have the new ones, that for some reason, feel... like there's something missing.

The production doesn't have to be grand, Is This Happiness is simple, yet effective. It has a beautiful melody. It works.

But then, we have songs like Woman, or Blue Banisters and it's crickets :creep: (even though BB is a grower) 

Spoiler

I get it, tho. Lana has made more than 200 songs, it's almost impossible for her to come up with something brand new, with something new and exciting. She's able to pull it off, tho. White Dress, for me, it's one of her best songs. She STILL has it, she's capable to do it.

But the recent work, it feels... uninspired. And I think it's mostly, because Lana feels more comfortable with poetry, and tries to mix it with music and it might simply not work that well :creep: 

I think, Violet works better than most of Chemtrails and the new three songs in terms of composition ??

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Will Lana address her feelings about the Grammys in BB? That loss probably hurt her a lot because 1) the person who won was somebody who idolized her 2) she got her hopes up about being accepted in the music industry & having an easier time navigating the public eye only to be crushed again.

But maybe it freed her to do this kind of poetry-music.

35 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Will Lana address her feelings about the Grammys in BB? That loss probably hurt her a lot because 1) the person who won was somebody who idolized her 2) she got her hopes up about being accepted in the music industry & having an easier time navigating the public eye only to be crushed again.

But maybe it freed her to do this kind of poetry-music.

yeah that was a betrayal they knew what they were doing

UV/Honeymoon

honestly i was okay with not having anything yesterday, once you let yourself go you really do live in peace. stream honeymoon aka and uv, her holy trinity, play thunder & boom like that in preparation. july 4th is coming 

sUcVobB.png

2 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

Everyone upset needs to be reminded how perfect COCC is

As much as I have my issues with NFR, COCC turned out to be a very good album imho. It's cute and it doesn't drag for too long.