Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The thing is I get UV vibes from Wildflower Wildfire so maybe she is dipping into tinges of that era? Probs just the jazz influence :hooker:

51 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

and also i  think pretty much every artist wins with a big space of time between album releases. lorde is living on twitter's trending topics with just an announcement, lana could benefit with a two/three-year break IMO

The thing with Lana is that she's the kind of artist that actually utilizes her art as an outlet - even though it'd be great if she took a break to refine the art or what not, the last time she took a break we kinda ended up with semi cohesive Lust For Life. Even when AKA was completed in 2008 she was STILL working on music even when that damn record was shelved until it's official release two years later - it's something to admire tbh and the best thing about it is that she constantly gives us quality work! But yeah the scary part is even after this album is released there's a Mike Dean produced album coming after it anyways :toofunny:

48 minutes ago, tearsofgold said:

any music video ideas for any of the three singles? 

some might disagree but I really want a visual of her physically painting the banisters with Nikki and Jen or her "sisters" 

I always visualize that support system because of the lyrics and can I just praise the lyricism in that song again :wub:

46 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

At this point, I think that her label doesn't even care anymore. They know that doesn't matter what she says or wherever she put out, we are always going to support her and buy her records

We need to finally snap:oprah3: its kinda sad. At this point she could make a fart noise album and the gays would buy all 10 versions

2 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

can’t wait for her to show miss "this isn’t a healthy mindset for young girls" and the poor one how it’s done this summer :mariah::sass:

FMWUTTT 2.0. is coming for blood

I'd love more titanic-esque visuals that she started w since nfr. the bb single cover still looks like a part of it and I mentioned waaaaaay back about a film called from here to eternity where several, diff kinds of relationships were all sort of unfolding in hawaii at the time before pearl harbor was hit. the flowers. the drama. the richness of human experience. what did u see? you like it I know you do. keep visualizing that paradise. mhm. it could be like that

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, tearsofgold said:

any music video ideas for any of the three singles? 

Some of the tracks are so intimate (particularly WW) that it’s difficult to imagine her lip-syncing them for a super polished video.

I figure this will be an unpopular opinion, but if she were to assign a music video to something like WW, I think it would benefit from her early DIY approaches (think Video Games or Carmen). I think this would really allow the lyrics to speak for themselves while also granting her the freedom to insert little clips from different media she feels would enhance her narrative. 

Also, it would be a full-circle moment in returning to her roots and reclaiming her past, but that’s just me lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I still wish that we'd gotten something similar to her Interview Magazine video/shoot from September of last year for last era or this era. Everything about that was a 10/10 for me, and it matched up so well with the pictures/videos of her wearing pearls and reading Violet (and the birds Instagram story post). Part of me still thinks it could make a comeback for this era, but I really don't know what to expect from BB anymore lol. Weirdly enough, it doesn't feel like the three singles were the start to the era for me, but more so a precursor to it 

imageproxy.jpg

I was so hyped for this record when she announced, but now it's completely gone

Spoiler

Could be because I decided to not listen to the album, but I don't think that it is. I like to gossip, so I should be excited about the aesthetic, interviews, promos, everything that it's related to an album rollout

I'm more excited for Lorde, Marina, Taylor and even Billie. I also could be burned out from COCC...

Is anyone else feeling like that?

2 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Hide contents

Could be because I decided to not listen to the album, but I don't think that it is. I like to gossip, so I should be excited about the aesthetic, interviews, promos, everything that it's related to an album rollout

I'm more excited for Lorde, Marina, Taylor and even Billie. I also could be burned out from COCC...

i feel like its all because lana doesnt know how to promote her work, i know we had the three singles but it was nothing out of this world musicaly (lyrically they are fire tho) and there's the thing about revenge that made us all go to UV era, so its best to not get excited and maybe we will love it whenever it comes out 

SFP2h.gif

the promotion doesn't bother me, what bothers me is no pre order! :oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

18 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Reveal hidden contents

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I'm not excited simply because I'm expecting her to be lazy and not put out anything substantial.

TB, WW, BB were lazy. Sure, cute songs with refreshing lyrics, but lazy. :shh2:

There's no ambition with her anymore. Her music & career seem like a total afterthought. 

So I'm fine with her taking a break to relieve both our and her burnout, if it means higher quality work in a few years :hoshet: 

GedKJgd.jpgT6KhIEB.jpgiMNJXa3.jpg

the thread’s been slow for a bit, so here are some vinyls I think fit the vibe of the record so far!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 minutes ago, sweetie said:

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I'm not excited simply because I'm expecting her to be lazy and not put out anything substantial.

There's no ambition with her anymore. Her music & career seem like a total afterthought. 

So I'm fine with her taking a break to relieve both our and her burnout, if it means higher quality work in a few years :hoshet: 

i kinda feel a bit like this tbh. i loved nfr but it never hit me like others did before. i loved cocc but it feels like a 9 track ep with something missing. i loved the 3 singles and i still listen to them a lot but they aren’t necessarily new or groundbreaking sound wise. i feel like i’ll give her a last chance with this album (and probably the one after cause i’m a weak bitch:sass:) but if this ends up as another "let’s strip it back to pretend it’s deeper than it is" album that’ll feel like it’s missing that certain…magic, fullness, replay value, excitement whatever you wanna call it then….truly idk…but i honestly don’t see myself stanning same sounding piano ballads for forever let’s just say that (or maybe i’ll do but i’ll be pretty pissed about it and complain a lot). 

11 minutes ago, sweetie said:

I think it's quite a take to call the new songs lazy. They may not be what you wanted but she poured her heart out and gave us her most intimate and vulnerable lyrics yet and i'm sure it was very hard for her to do, let alone any artist. 

faSE.gif