Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

I think it's quite a take to call the new songs lazy. They may not be what you wanted but she poured her heart out and gave us her most intimate and vulnerable lyrics yet and i'm sure it was very hard for her to do, let alone any artist. 

lyrics lyrics lyrics we r judging a song not a poem. there r more aspects than just lyrics

i think the songs are just way too cute. none of them are bad, but none of them are outstanding, best new tracks and best new music. i felt the same way with LMLYLAW and title track, but white dress was the outstanding track i was looking for. out of the 3 WFWF is definetly the one i think has replay value, but it still doesn't stand a chance with the best songs of both NFR & COCC.

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

lyrics lyrics lyrics we r judging a song not a poem

and a song is made with lyrics? that are poetic? what do you think songwriting is or are you that brainwashed by mainstream music? 

songwriting is poetry and i'm sorry if you don't know that because you don't listen to great singer/songwriters. 

faSE.gif

24 minutes ago, sweetie said:

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I'm not excited simply because I'm expecting her to be lazy and not put out anything substantial.

TB, WW, BB were lazy. Sure, cute songs with refreshing lyrics, but lazy. :shh2:

There's no ambition with her anymore. Her music & career seem like a total afterthought. 

So I'm fine with her taking a break to relieve both our and her burnout, if it means higher quality work in a few years :hoshet: 

i don't see how they're lazy, just because they're slow, mellow, maybe don't have the best-sounding production doesn't mean that they're lazy or that she didn't put effort into them... the single covers are a different matter, but when she's pouring her heart about things that are very personal, and trying new things, such as the multiple tempo changes in text book, and working with different producers, i don't think it's totally fair to say that she's lazy and that she doesn't care about her art, she's constantly working, we all know that's true... it's totally fine if you don't like her recent output, but i think it's a little unfair to say it's because she's lazy or that she doesn't have any ambition, the most likely possibility is that she's interested in making a different style of music and it isn't clicking with everyone

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

5 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

I think it's quite a take to call the new songs lazy. They may not be what you wanted but she poured her heart out and gave us her most intimate and vulnerable lyrics yet and i'm sure it was very hard for her to do, let alone any artist. 

what a lot of people here still don’t get is yeah sure the lyrics are great, they always have been. but after all the poetry, nfr, the "deep lyrics" a lot of us just want PRODUCTION again. no matter what kind but something with OOMPH and BASS. especially when the lyrics discussion is a bit…eh. does she write better today than ten years ago? absolutely. would i take another video games (lyrically and production wise) over her reciting her grocery lists and mentioning nikki or courtney for the 10th time ? absolutely fucking yes. 

4 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

and a song is made with lyrics? that are poetic? what do you think songwriting is or are you that brainwashed by mainstream music? 

songwriting is poetry and i'm sorry if you don't know that because you don't listen to great singer/songwriters. 

? my point was that theres more to the song than just lyrics, she IS lazy when it comes to production and thats a fact. but stay heated i guess

12 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

I'm talking about the musical aspect.

Her lyrics have always been great, even better nowadays.

Musically, it's lazy..

5 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Am I the only one excited for BB? The first three singles were dope.

Super excited for the next record :party:

12 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

? my point was that theres more to the song than just lyrics, she IS lazy when it comes to production and thats a fact. but stay heated i guess

You spilled bestie :gurl:

Mike still thinks that this fandom can do more than a lana cult trend on TikTok :eartha: like when he expected WW to chart :eartha2:

as someone who loves poetry, i've never been that bothered by lyrics... at all, i think it's fair for people to be bored of the poetry songs, i would choose production over lyrics anyday, i like a song for how it sounds not what it means. i think it's a stylistic choice the way she is making her songs so i don't think it's laziness, just a different style of music 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

15 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

i kinda feel a bit like this tbh. i loved nfr but it never hit me like others did before. i loved cocc but it feels like a 9 track ep with something missing. i loved the 3 singles and i still listen to them a lot but they aren’t necessarily new or groundbreaking sound wise. i feel like i’ll give her a last chance with this album (and probably the one after cause i’m a weak bitch:sass:) but if this ends up as another "let’s strip it back to pretend it’s deeper than it is" album that’ll feel like it’s missing that certain…magic, fullness, replay value, excitement whatever you wanna call it then….truly idk…but i honestly don’t see myself stanning same sounding piano ballads for forever let’s just say that (or maybe i’ll do but i’ll be pretty pissed about it and complain a lot). 

You're reading my mind for everything you said. I just find it fun to hang out here but I don't have a huge expectation. My friends don't give a shit about Lana since NFR so they don't even want to have this conversation lmao. Just her artwork and production is not convincing that this will be something WOW. 

Her stans are so annoying with defending her work for being aUtHeNtIc as if catchy well produced music with an organized era and good aesthetic can't be. Literally people in this forum have awesome ideas and people in Lana's subreddit have awesome fan made artwork and vinyl designs. People wrote deep, raw and dark lyrics and made iconic music so that's a very bad excuse. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

5 minutes ago, COCC said:

Mike still thinks that this fandom can do more than a lana cult trend on TikTok :eartha: like when he expected WW to chart :eartha2:

that man can suck my dick he’s getting nothing from us anymore :bye: