Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

having her dad on the cover of the album when it has the lyric "my father never stepped in when his wife would rage at me" would be... so messy :thumb2:

What would be iconic is having Patty on the cover too :gasp: But I'm sure she won't agree and people would question her lyrics' authenticity 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I would be here for a retro/awkward family picture styled cover with a faded background  like this:

0-D7-A9-A05-E4-CC-4-ED0-BDF7-0242-FB69-E

Except the faded background is a still image of Chunk’s home birth with the baby held up like Simba over the rock 

I unironically love this concept... Imagine Lana with a lost gaze thinking "those little fuckers" in the back while Rob and Pat are just there standing all smiley in the front :thumb3:

giphy.gif

On 6/12/2021 at 8:56 PM, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I would be here for a retro/awkward family picture styled cover with a faded background like this:

0-D7-A9-A05-E4-CC-4-ED0-BDF7-0242-FB69-E

Except the faded background is a still image of Chunk’s home birth with the baby held up like Simba over the rock 

alternatively, something like this, with niko & topanga :gasp: 

Awkward family portraits with cats will always be...14 Cat Glamour Shots that Are Just Too Galmorous to Pass Up – Meowingtons

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

4 hours ago, cru3lworld said:

Omg sorry if someone already posted this I just absolutely love her reactions and lyric analysis. 

Me too! Some comments in the comment section are very clever: there is one suggesting that she refers to America when she mentions her dad in Textbook. Also the banisters being painted blue then green and grey as a metaphor for bruises.

Whether correct or not, these interpretations are very interesting.

These songs have grown on me a lot, they are very strong lyrically and her vocals shine over all.

the family concept is cool but I'm feeling a solo cover this time around it makes the most sense :wub:

with burning banisters or a burning american flag something servey has to happen on the cover :excited:

While driving tonight, a song came on and I was like damn, who dis, before realizing it's Lana, one of her new songs :creep::facepalm:. I barely listened to them (as I didn't exp love at first listen) so I couldn't remember them. And well, WOW it took me on a journey. I realize now that for these specific songs, you have to be in the right kind of mood tbh. It really felt serene and hauntingly beautiful, and as normally/naturally I'm not a calm person, it's harder for me to get into that kinda zone. 

Sounds crazy but in the future I see myself really falling for these songs, as I calm down in life as life goes on :dmd:

8 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

good lord help us we're channeling the 80s pls no LANA LANNNAAAAAAAAAAAAA :runs:

i've been really into the colorful, nostalgic, retro 80s & 90s aesthetic lately, so honestly i would absolutely love it, even if it's a little tacky :heart: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i've been really into the colorful, nostalgic, retro 80s & 90s aesthetic lately, so honestly i would absolutely love it, even if it's a little tacky :heart: 

oh nah ur fine like what u like, it's just not my thing like oof nope nope nope. 

the 80s. idk I think of like fitness vids that's all I can think about positively, n maybe some of the music. 

i wouldn't buy the vinyl/ get an alt cover if she went that lovely bones route no offense to anyone but *shivers* 

UV/Honeymoon

15 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

good lord help us we're channeling the 80s pls no LANA LANNNAAAAAAAAAAAAA :runs:

I feel you!! ANGEL ENERGYYYYY

artworks-000214069294-fq9sr5-t500x500.jp

3 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

i wouldn't buy the vinyl/ get an alt cover if she went that lovely bones route

:brows:

3 minutes ago, Venice said:

I feel you!! ANGEL ENERGYYYYY

AHAHFASIOFHSAOIFHASOIFHASOIFAHOISFHAIOSHFAOIFHAIOFAIOHAIFHF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ???????????

2 minutes ago, COCC said:

artworks-000214069294-fq9sr5-t500x500.jp

:brows:

I'm actually speechless idk what to say to- wait why does she look like ms. scarlet from clue or something

UV/Honeymoon

45 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

Okay, but a ballad ala Prince, Elton or even Whitney tho :dua:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: