Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

it's the first time i had a dream about a lana album. in my dream she released 10-12 different songs in an album called "Galactic" and each of them had sounds from the space. Also each of them had a video that reminded me of space, like in one of them she was flying on a car in the space, not a real video, more like a visual.

her futureretro is upon us.

4 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

Don't scare me like that, I thought a snippet leaked :trisha:

this is the greatest compliment I have ever received. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

2 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Yes. ... idk why but COCC has so few streams.. not much promo also. 

Nfr is gonna reach 1B so fast....??.

Ben should focus on LDR more. ...

COCC was a stripped back folk album. It’s not surprising it didn’t do well streaming wise. It’s a mood album like Honeymoon imo whereas NFR is more accessible and upbeat at times.

2 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Nfr is gonna reach 1B so fast....??

I think NFR has already reached that milestone, short time after UV

edit: and as it has been said here so many times, NFR had a small radio hit with DT, a small tiktok hit with MAC, promo with DCMA and no QFTC

Why does her commerical success still matter to you guys? 
she clearly has a fan base aswell as longevity and regardless of whether she does well or not-she’s cemented her career by now-she’s not in the same Lane as the 2000s girls, she’s more in the same Lane as Beyoncé albeit less successful, she’s can release anything she wants and it will atleast be mildly covered and praised.  

As long as she makes good music, I really do not care and clearly she does not either.

2 hours ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i want something like this to this album, not necessarily as a lead single or even a single but some song that gives this vibe 

First of all - YAS STAN ALEXANDRA SAVIOR!

Second - I'd LOVE Lana to go into the direction of songs like But You or Crying All The Time, but I kind of doubt that will happen at his point. I think she left this kind of sound with NFR and I don't really see her going back to this Lynchian/ fully-produced kind of vintage-pop anytime soon

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'd love it if Lana went into r&b / neo-soul with a soft jazz influence :wub:

I even had a dream when Lana released a song a song in these vibes and IT SOUNDED SO SO GREAT (her vocals in chorus was THAT):excited::excited::excited:

So i hope she will go in this direction someday.

7 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Yes. ... idk why but COCC has so few streams.. not much promo also. 

Nfr is gonna reach 1B so fast....??.

Ben should focus on LDR more. ...

that’s probably because who tf wants to stream an album the creator of said album doesn’t give a fuck about ? like since prerelease she didn’t give me ONE single time the feeling she liked that album and even wanted us to listen to it...so why should i? i mean i love the album and songs but besides the barely existent production, the fact it lacks any real banger and the fact there’s no clip, no tour, no hype and not even lana pretending to care about that album etc idk there’s nothing that tells me "oh yeah cool let’s listen to chemtrails"... in retrospect she should’ve just scrapped it and focused on BB from the beginning tbh

10 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

First of all - YAS STAN ALEXANDRA SAVIOR!

Second - I'd LOVE Lana to go into the direction of songs like But You or Crying All The Time, but I kind of doubt that will happen at his point. I think she left this kind of sound with NFR and I don't really see her going back to this Lynchian/ fully-produced kind of vintage-pop anytime soon

i don’t agree why would she work with mike then ? none of his productions sound like the nfr/cocc snoozefests (production wise). we all thought she’d be stuck with jack and his boring piano for ever and now look at us... about to win again soon 

I think her going back to heavy production is a real possibility, it’ll just be done in a maybe more mature or slightly different way but i don’t think another honeymoon or so would be impossible for her :angie:

This will sound mean but I think any producer is going to be better than Jack. Like I've said before, Jack isn't terrible but but he's obviously a 'yes' man. Let's hope Mike Dean has a different approch in the studio with his clients

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

30 minutes ago, Peace said:

idk imagine a song like The Greatest with synths strings and some hiphop influences :legend:MAGNUM OPUS IS COMING TO TOP HM

no one is ready for such a masterpiece.

The greatest is a great song tho. The best on NFR. Her harmonies are out of this world and her delivery is just so emotional. Jack did his thing with track. The greatest he ever created but the rest is quite… lackluster. 

didn't a leaker last year say that the COCC era was due to start and then nothing happened?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e