Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

didn't a leaker last year say that the COCC era was due to start and then nothing happened?

No idea tbh, but I reckon it wouldn't be surprising if nothing happened in around 2 weeks with this era :toofunny:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I'm honestly curious about the relationship between the artist and the producer. Like, imagine a situation to which Jack would respond "Yeah that's a cool idea" while Mike would be like "Nah Elizabeth this is shitty we'll have to rework this"

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

15 minutes ago, HyperVelvet said:

I'm honestly curious about the relationship between the artist and the producer. Like, imagine a situation to which Jack would respond "Yeah that's a cool idea" while Mike would be like "Nah Elizabeth this is shitty we'll have to rework this"

I've always wondered about that as well. Especially when some producers challenged her more than others or maybe these are just some of the rumors surrounding the production and not the exact truth 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

34 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

didn't a leaker last year say that the COCC era was due to start and then nothing happened?

BOZ got the masters in July/August and said he didn’t see any reason the album should be delayed, but no (reliable) insiders ever hinted at the era starting 

12 minutes ago, deadlyynightshade said:

I've always wondered about that as well. Especially when some producers challenged her more than others or maybe these are just some of the rumors surrounding the production and not the exact truth 

Dan talked about working with Lana and said they got into very heated arguments 

but it shows, because the album is next level. I hope there is some discourse with her and Mike. 

based on what I’ve seen of Mike via Instagram videos and interviews he seems like he’s rather hard headed and has a very clear vision for his work, and getting two personalities like that always brings out the best of each other so I’m super stoked for whatever they make together!

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, Bunny Mozart said:

This will sound mean but I think any producer is going to be better than Jack. Like I've said before, Jack isn't terrible but but he's obviously a 'yes' man. Let's hope Mike Dean has a different approch in the studio with his clients

Exactly. It's not like I hate Jack or I think he's a bad producer but I want something new and different. COCC lacked some punch, it's too minimalistic and not in a good way like Honeymoon, it lacks something. I'm really looking forward for her work with Mike, I hope she doesn't scrap the whole thing :excited:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

2 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

Exactly. It's not like I hate Jack or I think he's a bad producer but I want something new and different. COCC lacked some punch, it's too minimalistic and not in a good way like Honeymoon, it lacks something. I'm really looking forward for her work with Mike, I hope she doesn't scrap the whole thing :excited:

i think it's depth, i was listening just the other day, and i was paying close attention to the instrumental while lana was singing and it felt so flat, like i was hearing instruments and noises but it wasn't conveying any feeling or emotion, it was just noise in the background, there wasn't really any real atmosphere or character in it's execution, or bass to tie it all together and make it seem alive... i love white dress but i noticed it a lot on this song in particular, even though i still love it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

No COCC slander please :icant: I really loved Chemtrails and I still play that album almost every day but I think the problem was that it started as a NFR afterthought and when she got a great vision for the next record (BB) she didn't want to just scrap all the work so she just finished the album and moved on (and the delays didn't help either). It's clear that she wasn't that excited about it but I still think it's a great record. Maybe at times too chill and lowkey underproduced but the melodies are great (especially the pre choruses) and the songwriting was also good. And it's not like she didn't do anything with the album. We got a nice high budget video, a lot of merch and a couple performances. 

I think BB is the album she really wanted to make since the qftc post so I'm really excited for what's to come even though I want to keep my expectations on the low side until we get the visuals and general aesthetic.

giphy.gif

I hope Mike pushes lana of her limits and do something fun, and bring back sounds like st tropez, gogo girl or something like that, “a naughty girl” if u will say so

original.gif

I'm listening to some of Mike's songs from his debut album and that shit gives me chills all over. I'm sure his work with Lana will be more toned down for the sake of her own sound and aesthetic and I really don't know what to expect from them but I haven't been this excited for a Lana project in ages :excited: 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Recently I started to get into Current 93 work and it's experimental/psychedelic folk. I can totally envision Lana doing an album like The Inmost Light if she wanted to. The whispers and instrumentals would completely fit her lyrics, voice and atmosphere

Folk can be so interesting if don't follow the easiest route

1 hour ago, HyperVelvet said:

i'd LOVE if he challenged her more and pushed her out of her comfort zone, the things that would come out of it would be out of this world i think, especially now, she's been SO productive lately, she's on fire and i'd love it if someone poured some fuel on that fire and see how that turns out. however she seems to be really comfortable with what she's doing and based on the things she and the people she's worked with said, i'm not sure she would like to be challenged in any way, not in the studio, not on instagram, i think she just wants to do things her way.

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i think it's depth, i was listening just the other day, and i was paying close attention to the instrumental while lana was singing and it felt so flat, like i was hearing instruments and noises but it wasn't conveying any feeling or emotion, it was just noise in the background, there wasn't really any real atmosphere or character in it's execution, or bass to tie it all together and make it seem alive... i love white dress but i noticed it a lot on this song in particular, even though i still love it

!! This. I love love Chemtrails and am listening to it as I type, but what you said here is very true. There’s a quietness/flatness throughout the record that leaves parts of itself feeling distant and fuzzy. Chemtrails would have been even more killer if the instrumentals were a bit more present and matched the vocal intensity, clarity, and exploration.

I think Jack is a good producer, but not the one for Lana going forward. That being said, NFR! and Chemtrails are beautiful and deserve their places in her discography. I guess I just want her to build from this sound and keep pushing expectations.

I think NFR and COCC were necessary detours of self discovery and explorationfor lana’s discography and artistry but also that they are done, and she will be returning to the path she was on post LF, only with a deeper understanding of what she wants and why she’s doing it.Hopefully BB is a return to a more intricate production whether its bobs or deepcut crying ballads. Very excited to hear BB as she already seems more excited for it to release than COCC

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Lana dropped hints in COCC for featured on BB.

covering Joni- Both Sides Now

Dancing with Joan- St Tropez ft Joan Baez

Stevie’s calling on the telephone- Telephone (LG cover) ft Stevie Nicks and Nikki Lane

Court almost burnt down my home- Sex On Fire (Kings of Leon cover) ft Courtney Love

God it feels good not to be alone- Alone ( heart cover) ftNikki Lane

wow I’m such a detective pay me in white lines plz 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I think we can all agree that what makes Lana so special is that every album showcases her appreciation for every genre in music and that she’s a true master of whatever she puts her mind to. And I definitely think this album will continue to show that. If all her albums sounded similar, then we wouldn’t be able to appreciate them for what they are as much as we do. That’s what I love about her and we’re totally in for something new and unexpected, which is amazing. :smile3:

We're in the "I'm bored, let's talk about every other album while we wait" period of pre-release :blush3: I'm really looking forward to see how this album differs from her other ones and what genre Lana's going to tackle next (assuming this isn't an entirely folk-inspired album)

imageproxy.jpg