Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 hours ago, Turtledove said:

When I first heard the BB line I imagined it as Clay helping her during a depressive episode, like hey, lets finally get your banisters painted that color you wanted. 

Did anyone else feel this?? 

I took it as a metaphor for her depression and stability. "Said he'd come back every May" which could be a hard time for her (perhaps mothers day? who knows. also could simply be a reference to may jailer and whoever was Ray) and "just to help me if i paint my banisters blue" which could mean if her stability (banisters) fails her and her depression (blue) over comes her again, remember that line in Never To Heaven where she mentioned "like sometimes i'm afraid my sadness is too big, and that one day you might have to help me handle it"

idk it could be literal but i think it's very metaphorical too

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

20 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Hmm…. What did he say on the livestream though? It sounded like he said she wanted to put out her next album first? Or she’s going to release a new record or something. It kind of skipped when he said that. Whatever it was…. I think he was meaning they’ve got some stuff in the works but i don’t think it’s 100% confirmed that he’s working on this album. Since they are working together on something, whatever that might be, couldn’t he just be supporting her upcoming project with a post about it? Does it confirm anything other than they’re working together on SOMETHING, whatever that is? I’m more convinced that it’ll be the next album after BB since she seems so strongly that the album is finished and he also said they haven’t finished anything yet

What I think it's the most logical perspective: 

1- Jack and Lana did their sessions and lana picked up the tracks she wanted for BB

2- Lana started to work with mike earlier than we think, he started to work with her on BB and maybe lana liked the synergy and their creativity led to another project the we still don't know

3- there is a third/fourth producer on the album because lana worked with zach to do american standard and maybe they scrapped and used their time to start to build this album.

(and blue bannisters isn't from jack neither zach because boz said the blue bannister isn't produced by any producer that lana always collab with, so it necessarily needs to be a third one, but it is possible that is 4 at the total)

The order of events could be: zach and lana developing new songs and lana starting to picturing a concept to this album, then bringing back songs that she worked on with jack,  and then mike entering in the production in the final steps of the album, just like his reputation of ''finisher''

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Manifesting that Dealer is not only on the album, but is a screamer track in the same way she used to do the "for the very LAST TIME, I'M FINE" in MDM - she sounded so angry when she would do it sometimes, but that's the exact energy I want  :hair: 

(I ended up falling down a Lana performance rabbit hole today and this came into mind) 

imageproxy.jpg

25 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

The order of events could be: zach and lana developing new songs and lana starting to picturing a concept to this album, then bringing back songs that she worked on with jack,  and then mike entering in the production in the final steps of the album, just like his reputation of ''finisher''

And we can rely on the fact that Mike Dean is like a god-tier mixer :excited:

2 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Can Lana still do the baby voice she had on btd?

lol she did the Lizzy voice a month ago and it sounded just like her. she can still do all her singing voices but she probably doesn't want to use them for her actual songs lol

46 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

BB needs a banger.  A collab w Taylor/Billie just for the streams hehehe

banger and Taylor in the same sentence...? :um2:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

BB needs a banger.  A collab w Taylor/Billie just for the streams hehehe

I get wanting her to do bigger songs like Love or Summertime Sadness but this would just be corny. 

14 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I get wanting her to do bigger songs like Love or Summertime Sadness but this would just be corny. 

She did get alot of attention when DCMA dropped cause of Ariana's name and her promoting it.

33 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

banger and Taylor in the same sentence...? :um2:

1989 taylor :p

4 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I took it as a metaphor for her depression and stability. "Said he'd come back every May" which could be a hard time for her (perhaps mothers day? who knows. also could simply be a reference to may jailer and whoever was Ray) and "just to help me if i paint my banisters blue" which could mean if her stability (banisters) fails her and her depression (blue) over comes her again, remember that line in Never To Heaven where she mentioned "like sometimes i'm afraid my sadness is too big, and that one day you might have to help me handle it"

idk it could be literal but i think it's very metaphorical too

Yes..! This song (snippet so far) really resonates an awareness of mental health from her in my mind. Especially that line "Just to help me if.." It makes me think about stability too. And that line in Never To Heaven perfectly sums up the emotion I was getting- but with her working to fix it. Something about the snippet really impressed me. I wonder if mental health will be a major topic in this album, or if any COVID references will show up. Lyrically COCC seemed a bit imaginary with all the social events.