Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 hours ago, Nikogo said:

I have a theory he heard the single first, started dropping hints, and then the album a couple days later. He changed his tone really fast. First it was just a simple ‘heard the single it’s this long and sounds like this’ and then a couple days later he was suddenly ‘I can’t believe she’s doing this!’

its very possible Mike was lying when he said they were still working together for BB (since he said not long after he doesn’t like to talk about it because he doesn’t wanna jinx anything)

I feel like it’s very possible BB is done (and that’s how BOZ has it) and they’re working on the next album now!

Plus mike made it very official yesterday by tweeting at Lana, so I think he finally feels it’s safe and won’t jinx anything

for me, the album is done, BUT lana is still properly organizing the advertisement and mv's. Because of that, the album isn't already being sent to music distributors, and that's why it seems that is not done. Also, i think BOZ don't have the record yet, most insiders get the tracks between the process of sending the tracks to websites and corporations to distribute the music, and to me, the songs are still on lana's/mike's/jack's drive, the only exception is the title track.

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Unfortunately, I don’t think it means that the album is necessarily done if insiders have access to it.

Didn’t people have access to Love in April 2016 - literally the month it was recorded - and then the video in August 2016 - just WEEKS after it was shot? 

Unless that was different, maybe the situation with Love was directly from the source, and then with COTCC and BB as full albums, it was them interfering somewhere between the studio and mastering site? I don’t know..

2 hours ago, lemonadetan said:

funny how boz only spilled about "loved you then" after the title surfaced... 

I agree, and I don't know if anyone else posted this, but the leaked original chemtrails tracklist didn't originally come from eclipse, it came from this reddit post from someone who's friend works at one of Lana's studios 

I wouldn't be surprised if Loved You Then And Now ended up on Blue Banisters, but I find it strange that Lana would change it to Rock Candy Sweet (the title track), then I guess decide she likes Blue Banisters (the song) better and change RCS back to LYTAN

It'll be interesting to see how the lyrics rock candy sweet fit into that song too haha

2 hours ago, Yosemite said:

I can’t fully trust what BoZ says since that whole ‘LMLYLAW is an UV outtake’ shit 

i don't remember who said, but there's an LMLYLAW uv version, but i don't know if it was a rumour

1 minute ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i don't remember who said, but there's an LMLYLAW uv version, but i don't know if it was a rumour

there is a demo of lmlylaw going around, but there’s no confirmation that it was an ultraviolence outtake, or from the uv era, if it is, i would imagine that it’s very different from the album version 

WGe8ynS.gif

All this drama for a crumble of info?

Love You Then and Now doesn't sound original, but has potential to be a radio-friendly song. Something like A Thousand Year or Hello. It reminds me of RBY, Fine China and Old Money. The title seems to belong to NFR or for when UV was called Melancholia.

Dealer is probably a different track.

I'm would be so excited for another Abel collab, but I don't think that it's coming

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

These leakers won’t give out much info, because obviously they can’t. Everyone involved in making an album has a non disclosure agreement. Sure a line of lyrics, maybe a song title on a forum…nobody cares.  But full on track lists and details probably get’s record labels interested enough to investigate. 

i think some of you remember china palace....

2 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

STOP WITH DIORLEAK I SWEAR TO GOD IM GONNA START SWINGING :illumarina:

2 hours ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Hi guys! I'm the new one here, but I've been following LB for months and I'm so excited for BB :wub:

I'm from ATRL and BOZ is very reliable. For now he is the only insider who've heard Lana's new album (or at least parts of it). 

any tea to share with us darling? i give you a twenty :ma:

Since "Loved You Then" wasn't written for COCC and BOZ said there's a song that leaked before I think the album will have a good amount of old tracks written before 2020. Maybe some of them are reworked?

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

STOP WITH DIORLEAK I SWEAR TO GOD IM GONNA START SWINGING :illumarina:

any tea to share with us darling? i give you a twenty :ma:

BOZ promised the new tea if Levitating will go #1, so we are waiting :flutter:

I feel like if BOZ is sure enough the era is going to ‘officially start’ this week and has heard at least a good enough portion of the songs to get a feel for the record, it has to be pretty close to finished? He said he would let us know if anything changed and he hasn’t yet, so I’m assuming the album is still green lit to be starting soon. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. I think a lot of things have happened the past couple days that are good signs that the album is at least in the very final stages of being completed. 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Writer In The Dark said:

Since "Loved You Then" wasn't written for COCC and BOZ said there's a song that leaked before I think the album will have a good amount of old tracks written before 2020. Maybe some of them are reworked?

How did we know it wasn’t written for COTCC? Did BOZ say it wasn’t? I wasn’t sure because I thought it being on that tentative tracklist meant it was an outtake, although it could be an outtake from a previous album that she just wanted to put on a newer album lol!

welcome to LanaBoards btw! Hope you love it here as much as we do :wub:

2 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

What did I miss pls I do not feel like reading all that :icant:

According to an insider, Rock Candy Sweet is now named I Loved You Then And Now

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

4 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

What did I miss pls I do not feel like reading all that :icant:

A tentative tracklist for COTCC from Electric Lady Studios in early 2020 was posted yesterday by a Reddit user and it had 11 tracks but 2 were blank. There were alternative titles (that we knew of/could guess ourselves) and one was “Loved You Then and Now”, which BOZ confirmed is the same song as Rock Candy Sweet/contains the lyric “rock candy sweet.” 

E1l2BNsWUAYwY-Z?format=jpg&name=medium

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

How did we know it wasn’t written for COTCC? Did BOZ say it wasn’t? I wasn’t sure because I thought it being on that tentative tracklist meant it was an outtake, although it could be an outtake from a previous album that she just wanted to put on a newer album lol!

welcome to LanaBoards btw! Hope you love it here as much as we do :wub:

he commented “but was it” when someone on ATRL said it was written for COTCC

so it may be a COTCC song, or it could go further back

"Don’t forget me"