Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

How did we know it wasn’t written for COTCC? Did BOZ say it wasn’t? I wasn’t sure because I thought it being on that tentative tracklist meant it was an outtake, although it could be an outtake from a previous album that she just wanted to put on a newer album lol!

welcome to LanaBoards btw! Hope you love it here as much as we do :wub:

Yes, BOZ said that in a thread about Blue Banisters on ATRL! And this: "Cause she loves to revisit her past material A LOT lately."

Also, thank you so much :wub:

Just now, Nikogo said:

he commented “but was it” when someone on ATRL said it was written for COTCC

so it may be a COTCC song, or it could go further back

Ohhh, okay, thanks! <3 I think that’s his way of saying it’s an older song, then. The title reminds me of something she would’ve written between 2015 and 2017.

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

he commented “but was it” when someone on ATRL said it was written for COTCC

so it may be a COTCC song, or it could go further back

could you pls send the link?? i can't find on atrl

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Technically, just because ILYTAN contains the lyric "rock candy sweet", it doesn't mean that that song specifically is RCS. Lana repeats lyric segments all the time - it'd be like if MAC was called Candle In The Wind, but then a bunch of other songs still have that lyric (unless someone said the ILYTAN is RCS and I just didn't see it lol)

imageproxy.jpg

Ohhh, okay, thanks! <3 I think that’s his way of saying it’s an older song, then. The title reminds me of something she would’ve written between 2015 and 2017.

you’re welcome :wub:

It does sound like an older older song (and he said “she’s been revisiting the past ALOT lately”) which is completely great with me! 

1 minute ago, GrenadineGrass said:

could you pls send the link?? i can't find on atrl

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/351419-lana-del-rey-blue-banisters/page/42/

:)

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Writer In The Dark said:

Yes, BOZ said that in a thread about Blue Banisters on ATRL! And this: "Cause she loves to revisit her past material A LOT lately."

Also, thank you so much :wub:

Ohhh, okay, thank you so much! That’s super interesting, it also reminds me of how he said there’s allegedly a leaked unreleased track on the album. Like you said, I wonder if she reworked anything for this album. He seems to be teasing something like that :flutter:

4 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Technically, just because ILYTAN contains the lyric "rock candy sweet", it doesn't mean that that song specifically is RCS. Lana repeats lyric segments all the time - it'd be like if MAC was called Candle In The Wind, but then a bunch of other songs still have that lyric (unless someone said the ILYTAN is RCS and I just didn't see it lol)

I thought it was like how Tulsa Jesus Freak was originally called White Hot Forever and she repeats that during the refrain, no? Like naturally, a repeated phrase during a chorus is usually the title, so maybe LYTAN was the original title but since she says “rock candy sweet” she decided to rename it that? And then it was the name of the new album until April and she decided on Blue Banisters?

1 minute ago, Frangipani said:

We know that Lana wanted Jack to go wilder on COCC. Maybe RCS/LYTAN was one of her faves but she thought it would suit bigger production so is reworking it with Mike for BB.

In Lana case "wilder" mean everything. It could mean more experimental production, but it could mean more raw, stripped to bone.

Just now, Lustformoney said:

to the hoe from ATRL called Venicebeach that calls us stupid illiterate gays from analboards, youre so much better than us yet youre here stalking us daily? fuck off already its not that serious:wub:

I’m 100% convinced it’s an active member of this site. They use our lingo and usually quote things from this page as their own (and they have the same avi as someone on here had but I can’t remember who it was)

6 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I think BOZ said it is Rock Candy Sweet but it’s so hard to know. (He directly says it was here https://atrl.net/forums/topic/298819-lana-del-rey-chemtrails-over-the-country-club/page/344/)

"Don’t forget me"

34 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

i know everyone is excited for blue banisters but i also cant help but think about what future projects mike and lana are working on. JUST IMAGINE WHAT IT COULD SOUND LIKE! 

I know, I'm so excited for what is coming next :wub:  And the way he confidently said: "I'm planning on working with her a lot"

Twitter is saying some insider liked a tweet about Lana x Abel. If it’s diorleak, never mind :toofloppy: but did BoZ like anything like that?

No :thumb2::thumb2:

BOZ hasn’t said anything BB/Colab related other than LYNAT

"Don’t forget me"

13 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

In Lana case "wilder" mean everything. It could mean more experimental production, but it could mean more raw, stripped to bone.

We will get acapella songs now? :gasp:

Mfhp.gif

16 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

If Lana was going for an album with raw, stripped back production then I doubt that she would have dropped Jack to work with Mike in particular. :eek: I feel like there's only so many times she can make an 'honest', stripped back album before she goes for something a bit more intense, especially with the drama of the past year.

Manifesting Summertime vocals dripping with synths :squidward:

20 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I thought it was like how Tulsa Jesus Freak was originally called White Hot Forever and she repeats that during the refrain, no? Like naturally, a repeated phrase during a chorus is usually the title, so maybe LYTAN was the original title but since she says “rock candy sweet” she decided to rename it that? And then it was the name of the new album until April and she decided on Blue Banisters?

That's kind of what I was thinking too. I feel like Lana changes the titles of her songs a lot (there's quite a few that have multiple names registered), so it's kind of hard to know in the prerelease timeframe what is and isn't a certain song since we don't have any of the music itself

imageproxy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

If Lana was going for an album with raw, stripped back production then I doubt that she would have dropped Jack to work with Mike in particular. :eek: I feel like there's only so many times she can make an 'honest', stripped back album before she goes for something a bit more intense, especially with the drama of the past year.

I wonder how many of these albums Lana wants to make. I generally don't get these "honest" albums. How can you make an honest album and drop another one 2 years later?

Mfhp.gif