Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

10 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

as someone who loves poetry, i've never been that bothered by lyrics... at all, i think it's fair for people to be bored of the poetry songs, i would choose production over lyrics anyday, i like a song for how it sounds not what it means. i think it's a stylistic choice the way she is making her songs so i don't think it's laziness, just a different style of music 

i love poetry as well, i really love her songs that are "poetic", it can really elavate a song, methamphetamines is a simple 1-minute acapella yet it's elusive, poetic lyricism makes it a gem in her repertoire of music, it's melancholy & beautiful, i can understand why people find poetry-inspired music boring or they don't enjoyment out of it like they would with a more conventionally written song, but it's a medium that needs more love, i try to write poetry a lot yet i feel like it's never that great, it's honestly really difficult to take your feelings and emotions and turn them into writing

pink rose gif - Free animated GIF - PicMix

4 minutes ago, shady said:

Her stans are so annoying with defending her work for being aUtHeNtIc as if catchy well produced music with an organized era and good aesthetic can't be.

Let‘s just appreciate both ways of doing and releasing music :oprah3:

2 minutes ago, shady said:

You're reading my mind for everything you said. I just find it fun to hang out here but I don't have a huge expectation. My friends don't give a shit about Lana since NFR so they don't even want to have this conversation lmao. Just her artwork and production is not convincing that this will be something WOW. 

Her stans are so annoying with defending her work for being aUtHeNtIc as if catchy well produced music with an organized era and good aesthetic can't be. Literally people in this forum have awesome ideas and people in Lana's subreddit have awesome fan made artwork and vinyl designs. People wrote deep, raw and dark lyrics and made iconic music so that's a very bad excuse. 

exactly the joni mitchell wannabe “i occasionally sleep in the woods" canyon girl cosplay has been going on for long enough. :tanisha:

what’s even wrong with wanting a well thought out, eventful era with concerts, live performances, clear info, great photoshoots and most importantly someone who at least PRETENDS to somewhat care about her art. 

and i agree the fact random people with a smartphone, an online thread and stalker tendencies like us come up with better ideas, concepts, covers and designs than a whole modern "pop star" with a huge record label on her side is just beyond me. like at this point just hire someone from here and we’ll do half your work for you…for free (:dua:). 

10 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

you guys do realize that when lana was making more upbeat stuff she was way more happy than she is right now

I‘m sad we never got a dance album from her with Daddy Issues, Boom Like That, Roll With Me (or bubblegum pop aka Puppy Love, BBM, Motel 6, etc). It’s really missing from her released discography.
And unlike Madonna who released Ray of Light with 40, I can‘t see Lana releasing anything close to it in the next 5 years. She could pull it off, so sure of that, but well the singer/songwriter route is more evident with the three singles (tho I love to be proven wrong!).

I‘ll still love her of course, but this feels like such a missed opportunity :kum:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

ok this is so petty but its so BOTHERSOM...the song is currently called ROCK CANDY SWEET...it USED TO BE CALLED "Loved You Then and Now" ...i love prediction tracklists but come on people

Didn't Katy Perry eventually decide to go with a fan's artwork of her recent album? Lana take notes! Honestly the artwork some of you create for Lana is astounding, like genuine talent right there. It's lowkey embarrassing how a major label can't produce the same level of effort when it comes to the aesthetic side of things. It's not asking for the whole world. What's so bad about having a cover that truly conveys the overall theme and meaning of the music?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lana’s meticulous and uncompromising approach to production doesn’t seem to have changed since she began making music, and statements from her engineers and producers confirm this—ranging from Nowels to Antonoff and many others. 

Stylistically, I may not always love her decisions, but assuming her involvement and effort is minimal in the production process doesn’t seem to be well-supported, in my opinion. Could it happen in the future (or even on BB)? Sure, but most current evidence points to the contrary. 

That being said, I’m so incredibly excited to see what veins of sound that Blue Banisters will swim into and how Lana will choose to shape them into her own soundscape. Currently, I’m getting major Tori Amos vibes—even Stevie Nicks at times (such as in demos like Planets of the Universe). I have a feeling she won’t disappoint:flutter:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, cinnamongirI said:

you guys do realize that when Lana was making more upbeat stuff she was way happier than she is right now

You should tell that to Tik Tok stans. They're convinced that Lana was miserable before NFR and that she's way happier now.

I saw a video the other day of someone guilting BTD stans saying that it was a dark period for Lana and we shouldn't romanticize it???? I was like WTF 

25 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

exactly the joni mitchell wannabe “i occasionally sleep in the woods" canyon girl cosplay has been going on for long enough. :tanisha:

what’s even wrong with wanting a well thought out, eventful era with concerts, live performances, clear info, great photoshoots and most importantly someone who at least PRETENDS to somewhat care about her art. 

and i agree the fact random people with a smartphone, an online thread and stalker tendencies like us come up with better ideas, concepts, covers and designs than a whole modern "pop star" with a huge record label on her side is just beyond me. like at this point just hire someone from here and we’ll do half your work for you…for free (:dua:). 

Honey this isn't 2010-2014 LDR. I agree with you but all that stuff you expect from a new album era is dead and gone. Lana didn't even do a real photo shoot for the COCC era. And no, being photographed by her amateurish photographer sister doesn't count. I mean a real photographer and shoot. Because no one dares to say anything to Lana, she's going to keep doing what she's doing, which is nothing. lol

3 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Lana didn't even do a real photo shoot for the COCC era. And no, being photographed by her amateurish photographer sister doesn't count. I mean a real photographer and shoot.

Did someone forget we got a neil krug shoot or

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

preparing for the dragsBjork GIFs | Tenor

Off topic, but Bjork fucked that pap up because they dared to talk to her child (who I think was like 3 or 4 at the time) and she rightfully snapped.

I miss the 90's so bad.

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

Did someone forget we got a neil krug shoot or

That ugly shoot? Yeah, I'm pretending it doesn't exist. As a matter of fact, it doesn't exist.

Lana and that tacky 90's bleach striped hair...never happened.

Just now, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

That ugly shoot? Yeah, I'm pretending it doesn't exist. As a matter of fact, it doesn't exist.

Lana and that tacky 90's bleach striped hair...never happened.

she looked gorgeous but :hooker: okay !

30 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

You should tell that to Tik Tok stans. They're convinced that Lana was miserable before NFR and that she's way happier now.

I saw a video the other day of someone guilting BTD stans saying that was a dark period for Lana and we shouldn't romanticize it???? I was like WTF 

Apparently she was at her darkest at UV and I definitely see everywhere how she's so happy in COCC so Idk. People are saying that those three songs are her processing last trauma, not her being unhappy. However, her sudden weight gain reminds my of someone I know who takes medication for anxiety and I heard it somewhere that she's bipolar but I don't know and don't want to invade her privacy. 

Edit: Okay guys, sorry for the weight comment, I had no ill intentions nor to sound weird. I just meant that somebody's appearance says a lot with their physical/metal health and I was just saying that I heard. I didn't want to diagnose her. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

this is probably a very unpopular opinion but i really couldn't care less about professional photoshoots or whatever, as long as i like the music, and i usually do :oopna:

A nice cover is a bonus, but I’m with you about the love of music. Even MV are not that important to me. 
I’m curious about the rest of BB, if there is something a bit lighter in tone. I love the production of the three singles and yeah, they are very personal, but I’m not going back to them that much since last week because I want something a bit more fun to begin my summer.  plus the news we get regarding this album are so sparse, my hype is not super high right now. 

i like lyrics when they're melodic and have something with them otherwise she could sing bullshit over a guitar solo and make one of the best songs she's ever put out and that is venice bitch 

5 minutes ago, shady said:

Apparently she was at her darkest at UV and I definitely see everywhere how she's so happy in COCC so Idk. People are saying that those three songs are her processing last trauma, not her being unhappy. However, her sudden weight gain reminds my of someone I know who takes medication for anxiety and I heard it somewhere that she's bipolar but I don't know and don't want to invade her privacy. 

Can y'all fucking stop with this? Y'all did this during the Honeymoon era, and you're doing it again now. Weight fluctuates. Who gives a fuck. The state of the world is in fucking turmoil right now and all you care about is her weight and diagnosing her with a mental illness that you "heard" from someone?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.