Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, COCC said:

the fact even katy perry has more interesting things to offer at the moment than him is just so :xgiggle: (and i don’t even like that bitch) 

4 minutes ago, COCC said:

Those women did not walk so Taylor could run and Jack talk like that about them :sideeye:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

1 minute ago, lamms said:

Those women did not walk so Taylor could run and Jack talk like that about them :sideeye:

I really dont get why he had to include Lilly Allen. QFTC energy :eartha2:

39 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes, I think Lana always is the most involved in her work (I don’t agree with the arguments I’ve read on here about Jack monopolizing the creative control over the last 2 albums) but I think he really did bring a lot of great writing out of her - as a producer/songwriting partner should! She said she wasn’t in the mood to write a new album after LFL but after she met Jack, an album was just spawned!

Aww that’s even more beautiful! Jack seems like the guy who you meet and feel comfortable with. Lana shared Hope with him. That song still scares me by how touching it is. I also think because the rollout of NFR! lasted a year we felt we no longer could get a connection to it, but it is still a very pretty album! I cried to every song when the album came out and I never had that at first listen with anything else, well, later when LiB leaked I cried. 

And I agree her writing was strong on NFR!, but I don’t feel she ever fails in her lyrics

I’m happy you’re spreading your thoughts for some of us to think about. I like NFR! And LfL and all the other albums too, for sure, but for different reasons. Some should stop hating on people who have different taste. Maybe I like strawberry more and you might like blueberry more. We all get our favorite flavor

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

Jack gives totally artistic freedom artist who he's working. Lana wanted 50/60s inspired album with some surfy elements- he did that. Taylor wanted cottagecore, folky songs- he did that. St. Vincent wanted go to more pop vibes- he did that. And many others. He did what artist want, not what producer or label wants.

18 minutes ago, COCC said:

This is disgusting… Lady Gaga is extremely talented and some of her songs are considered the greatest ever. So this aged very badly. Even Katy she has some good pop songs.  Taylor in my opinion is no better and has some awful songs…and she’s nowhere near as good as MJ not that the two are comparable. Jack should shut the fuck up

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I think she should sell hollow boxes disguised as books for her merch this time around. have it decorated well with gold trim, and titled on the spine 

beautiful-book-spines.png

she could make it into a box set even that comes w a cassette or cd or something. maybe have it come w a journal or a lyric booklet/insert inside or something

and. it'll be practical as well, where u can put stuff in it, jewelry knick knacks etc. 

it's stylish, on-brand and useful. who wouldn't want that. 

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, COCC said:

I guess there are also personal reasons. I‘m really not an expert, but what I‘ve read and what the me too movement has shown, is that the music industry can be very toxic- especially towards women. Jack seems to be the type of producer who gives his artists a lot of freedom and is more interested in working together than following his own vision.

Oh, I didn't think about that! It makes sense :stareney2:

Anyways, why are we hating on Jack again? :xgiggle: We won't have another NFR! so I think we can leave him alone now :oic2:

3 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

I think she should sell hollow boxes disguised as books for her merch this time around. have it decorated well with gold trim, and titled on the spine 

she could make it into a box set even that comes w a cassette or cd or something. maybe have it come w a journal or a lyric booklet/insert inside or something

and. it'll be practical as well, where u can put stuff in it, jewelry knick knacks etc. 

Blue Bookshelves

IKEA era incoming :oprah2:

26 minutes ago, Wildflower said:

Aww that’s even more beautiful! Jack seems like the guy who you meet and feel comfortable with. Lana shared Hope with him. That song still scares me by how touching it is. I also think because the rollout of NFR! lasted a year we felt we no longer could get a connection to it, but it is still a very pretty album! I cried to every song when the album came out and I never had that at first listen with anything else, well, later when LiB leaked I cried. 

And I agree her writing was strong on NFR!, but I don’t feel she ever fails in her lyrics

I’m happy you’re spreading your thoughts for some of us to think about. I like NFR! And LfL and all the other albums too, for sure, but for different reasons. Some should stop hating on people who have different taste. Maybe I like strawberry more and you might like blueberry more. We all get our favorite flavor

Agreed! I’m lucky in the way that I always love what Lana does and I can objectively say that her gift of writing shines through every song we’ve heard. I’m just here for the journey she’s been taking us on and I can’t wait to see where she goes <3

10 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

This is disgusting… Lady Gaga is extremely talented and some of her songs are considered the greatest ever. So this aged very badly. Even Katy she has some good pop songs.  Taylor in my opinion is no better and has some awful songs…and she’s nowhere near as good as MJ not that the two are comparable. Jack should shut the fuck up

Katy Perry released with Teenage Dream a bonna fide pop album. And at that time Taylor‘s 1989 didn’t really stand out in the sonical landscape to compare her to MJ. If he wants to talk about great, great pop music, then Madonna is today still that icon and surpassed imo MJ long ago.
He could have simply simped for Taylor and called it a day. It’s just obnoxious to look down on other artists like that. 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

18 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

it's stylish, on-brand and useful. who wouldn't want that. 

omg she needs her v.c andrews key-hole cover moment, her gothic horror album is coming, i'm manifesting that! :pray2: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

36 minutes ago, COCC said:

I really dont get why he had to include Lilly Allen. QFTC energy :eartha2:

OT: Lily Allen is a shit human being, especially what she did to Zoe Kravitz. I fully support Lily Allen hate. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

17 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

omg she needs her v.c andrews key-hole cover moment, her gothic horror album is coming, i'm manifesting that! :pray2: 

Flowers in the Attic - I Always Loved the Way They Loved edition

gNREwCh.jpg