Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

y'all i fucking love the lyricism in the clip she posted. it's so sexy but so sweet like.... ugh holy shit, we could be getting UV/Honeymoon level lyrics again and the thot of that just sounds so nice

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I was literally singing 'My body is a map of LA, I stand straight like an angel, with a halo' and then out of nowhere I continued 'I've had it up to here with the fighting, baby, we're not fooling anyone these days' :ohsnap: I AM NOT JOKING

I like this better than Afraid though, excited to hear the build up of the snippet :defeated:

lights, camera, acción

Just now, bluelikeyou said:

I was literally singing 'My body is a map of LA, I stand straight like an angel, with a halo' and then out of nowhere I continued 'I've had it up till here with the fighting, baby, we're not fooling anyone these days' :ohsnap: I AM NOT JOKING

I like this better than Afraid, excited to hear the build up of the snippet :defeated:

yessss omg i had afraid stuck in my head after listening to the snippet and i didnt know why!!!

Blue Banisters really sounds like a closer to me. I can’t picture it as anything else than the final track on the album. She had moved out of the black and into the blue in Get Free, and she’ll be moving out of the blue and into the green and gray at the end of this new record

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Just now, FallingCherry said:

Blue Banisters really sounds like a closer to me. I can’t picture it as anything else than the final track on the album. She had moved out of the black and into the blue in Get Free, and she’ll be moving out of the blue and into the green and gray at the end of this new record

I was thinking this too!! Especially with the way the outro slowly fades. And I thought that either WW or the new single could be the opener.

i'm just wondering why she would post that beautiful album cover if it wasn't it?? i know BOZ said she renamed the album, but then why would she post that? maybe it's just to keep us quiet for a bit until the release date and the real title is officially announced?? somethings not adding up... :oprah2:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

The new single snippet sounds so full, especially with the reverb, that I think is different from her other piano ballads and from COTCC. I’m not saying those ones aren’t good, but I’ve been loving the production a lot more from Lana’s recent songs. I cant wait to see what she does with the rest of the album :wub:

14 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

i'm just wondering why she would post that beautiful album cover if it wasn't it?? i know BOZ said she renamed the album, but then why would she post that? maybe it's just to keep us quiet for a bit until the release date and the real title is officially announced?? somethings not adding up... :oprah2:

It’s possible that the cover/title can change (because it’s Lana and she’s unpredictable :crai:) but Neil, Ben, and Ed all posted the cover, so I’m assuming it’s official!

3 minutes ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

It's possible that the cover/title can change (because it’s Lana and she’s unpredictable :crai:) but Neil, Ben, and Ed all posted the cover, so I’m assuming it’s official!

i really hope it's the final cover!! tbh i think it could be her best album cover yet. :crying2:

i hope the target edition will be equally as gorgeous. :flutter:

miss born to lose

1 minute ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

same!! like she could've waited, maybe initially that was the plan (changing the title again) but then they liked blue banisters and just went with that bcs of the buzz they created around it, wouldn't be a smart choice if she changed it again, too messy methinks

but then again it's lana we're talking about :fabcat:

lights, camera, acción

1 minute ago, sparklertrailerheaven said:

i made a fake tracklist/cd back for the album https://imgur.com/a/6h6GbQY

love this!! it's like a more mature LFL. :hawt:

1 minute ago, bluelikeyou said:

same!! like she could've waited, maybe initially that was the plan (changing the title again) but then they liked blue banisters and just went with that bcs of the buzz they created around it, wouldn't be a smart choice if she changed it again, too messy methinks

but then again it's lana we're talking about :fabcat:

true, i hope BOZ finds out the truth about the album tmrw and tells us what's up. :agree:

miss born to lose

what if blue banisters is the only song out of the three that makes it to the album?? i mean she only promoted that ones artwork and its the only single thats pinned on spotify. is that a possibility??

I'd rather WW and Text Book not be on the album. BB will have to be since it's in the title but again, this is another VB/MAC situation where everyone has played the songs to death long before the release, thus giving the 'dated' feel once the album is actually out :um2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

28 minutes ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

I was thinking this too!! Especially with the way the outro slowly fades. And I thought that either WW or the new single could be the opener.

WW also sounds like an opener to me! Or a track 2, like MAC (MAC really sounded like an opener when we didn’t know NFR was track 1).

WW would be the perfect song to transition to after the opening track

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

i think the singles will all ne reworked to sound less demo-esque for the album. Maybe with the exception of BB. But the others have to be just demos.

i hope the snippet she posted is the opener!

10 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I'd rather WW and Text Book not be on the album. BB will have to be since it's in the title but again, this is another VB/MAC situation where everyone has played the songs to death long before the release, thus giving the 'dated' feel once the album is actually out :um2:

Completely agree. Preferably, especially if BB isn't the album title, I'd rather it sit by the wayside too. 

The first couple of notes are so 'Old Hollywood musical,' or 'Old Broadway,' I'm really interested to see how the song further develops. I wonder if she's been recently influenced by Old Broadway due to the musical she's supposed to be writing?