Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

It’s obviously way too soon to tell, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Blue Banisters competes with NFRas far as critical acclaim goes. 

I’m really anticipating the record to be her most mature work to date, but I could see it being divisive among her casual fans because it may not be packed with “bangers.” We’ll see!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

32 minutes ago, FredRed said:

When he kissed my feet,

And I'm not braggin,

I could feel the heat,

Like getting down in a Volkswagen

I cant wait for the new video on ur yt channel. Ure iconic

Mmeow~

she looks stunning in the cover, seriously beautiful. niel just captures her so perfectly every time, really happy with it... although i could do without the border 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

7 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

I cant wait for the new video on ur yt channel. Ure iconic

Thank you . I am really behind. I will make one soon now that today didn't happen. Probably in a week or so.

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

she looks stunning in the cover, seriously beautiful. niel just captures her so perfectly every time, really happy with it... although i could do without the border 

my only complaint is that the border looks a bit uneven :icant: besides that it's absolutely gorgeous, it's so vibrant & regal, and like @scarlettohara said, the yellow dress is just lovely :wub: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

5 hours ago, SolveEtCoagula said:

The way she tells a story through her covers... she has been in a journey from BTD to NFR (as seen in the vehicles) and now she is just enjoying life with her family, friends and pets.

The vehicles are a metaphor for confronting her fears and problems.

BTD cover: outside the car - living an idle life, seeking escapism through a dangerous lifestyle, ignoring her problems

UV: opens the car's door - gets ready to confront her fears and question many aspects of her life, kind of hits rock bottom in her mental stability

Honeymoon: gets on the car - her most instropective record, she isolates herself from the rest of the world (seen in her being so tiny in the photograph and far from our point of view) to genuinely discover herself (another metaphor, she is in a truck for tourists)

Lust For Life: gets out the car - she has learned many things about herself and overcome some problems, as seen in the smile

NFR: gets on a boat with a man - now that she has overcome her problems, she is ready to invite other people into her life, seen in the man by her side and her inviting hand. She's still on a journey but a different one

Chemtrails and Blue Banisters: she realizes how important her family and friends (including her pets) are for her, they are her support system (her banisters)

[This is just a joke, although I agree on some points, but yeah just a reach for fun :gaycat5:)

JOKE???? no, ur brain!!!!

Actually I remember her saying in an interview she didn’t want to be alone on the cover anymore so I think there’s some psyche change happening there for sure. 

12 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

Tbh Lana’s kinda giving me Belle vibes on the cover with the yellow dress 
beauty-and-the-beast-belle-in-yellow-dre

It gives me Wizard of Oz vibes, especially Dorothy! 

She did dressed up as Dorothy for Halloween, and referenced it in the Chemtrails video... interesting :dua:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

the way we still will hopefully get more pics from the day the album cover was shot, ugh im so f*ckiing excited, It just adds sooo much desire/hype when the visuals are SERVING...

like im buying copies, im so excited fucfdjijdndiu im so so happy