Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

37 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

It’s obviously way too soon to tell, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Blue Banisters competes with NFRas far as critical acclaim goes. 

I’m really anticipating the record to be her most mature work to date, but I could see it being divisive among her casual fans because it may not be packed with “bangers.” We’ll see!

Wow, to say that an album is going to equal or exceed Norman is saying quite a bit BUT what made me consider this as a possibility is the fact that the snippet sounds BEAUTIFUL (all three singles still have beautiful lyrics and good production) but there is something about this snippet that feels like something else. I'm excited.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Lana has done so much for her wikifeet fandom this era :bebe: Anyways, I've been thinking about tracklists lately and I definitely want 15. I think it's the perfect number because with too many tracks, the album can drag on. But with too little tracks, then the album is super short (especially when we might already have 3-5 songs from it) 

imageproxy.jpg

4 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

This is interesting. We know Blue Banisters was already finished, and she was working on the next album (which was supposed to have more songs produced by Mike Dean)

I wonder, if her adding new songs could mean more of those Mike songs as well :smokes3: 

(I know they probably never started working or even finished them, but idk)

I really would rather Mike was involved more in the next album than this one.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

This snippet alone is better than the 3 recent songs she released.

She is still one of the most talented artists in the world but her lack of respect makes me quite done with my joy toward her work. Still no longer supporting financially someone who take people for granted.

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

Lana has done so much for her wikifeet fandom this era :bebe: Anyways, I've been thinking about tracklists lately and I definitely want 15. I think it's the perfect number because with too many tracks, the album can drag on. But with too little tracks, then the album is super short (especially when we might already have 3-5 songs from it) 

I find it interesting that the number of songs in an album influences us so much haha, I say this because I feel that albums with 11 songs are perfect for me and I think we have realized that because some albums with eleven songs turn out to be art "Melodrama, NFR (which originally had 11 songs because doin time, TNBAR and bartender are not from that album) of course 14/15 songs would not be bad.

I really hope we get a thorough, informative interview like the Mojo one for COCC! Those little tidbits of info (like her response to Madonna’s party inspiring bits of DBJAG) really enhanced the listening experience for me and clarified some of her references on the record

the pictures were also a really nice bonus lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

so like….did Lana actually change the title of the record in between the insider info and her announcement..?

And do we have any idea what the new title was? If I remember correctly, it wasn’t RCS either, so I’m a little confused lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

12 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

In LMLYLAW, she sings about wanting to leave LA with her man. She said she could’ve managed if he stayed, but if he did, she’d have no fun. Which to me, could imply she’d rather stay than leave on her own. She recorded the song early in the making of COTCC, probably around September or October, when she started dating Sean.

I read what people said about the new snippet and if she talks about her body being the map of LA, that means she’s definitely staying. Now that her and Sean aren’t together anymore, she has no interest in leaving LA anymore. She had imagined a different life with him outside of LA, but now they’re apart, she’s decided she’s not going anywhere else.

Sean drives a Toyota Pickup lol

i really hope BB is the only one of the three singles that makes it on the album. i know boz said all three were on there but i just dont see them being sonically cohesive with BB, thunder, cherry blossom, and the new single. :smokes3: i guess we’ll just have to see. 

42 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

so like….did Lana actually change the title of the record in between the insider info and her announcement..?

And do we have any idea what the new title was? If I remember correctly, it wasn’t RCS either, so I’m a little confused lol

BOZ said he'll know this info by monday so we have to wait 

1 hour ago, mansfield ringer said:

Guys i put the cover over the singles and i swear they sound better than they did before... :ma: 

HONESTLY TEXT BOOK MAKES SO MUCH SENSE WITH THAT COVER.

The new cover truly captures all the vibes of the singles.

1 minute ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

OMG Lana liked my post im so giddy

(its abt Cherry Blossom!!!)

aww she liked your post! always a wonderful achievement for any fan account :smile: 

CHERRY BLOSSOM IS COMING! :beyonce: 

WGe8ynS.gif