Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 hours ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Judging by BB, WW, Cherry Blossom, and the fact that the new song will be piano-only I can say it will be a very slow, mellow album with songs where the piano is the dominant instrument.

But we also have Thunder so unless she made it acoustic maybe we'll have like 2 sides on the album: Piano driven ballads and soft rock-ish tracks like Thunder (with maybe some songs like Text Book acting as the nexus). 

If we get more backing vocals like TB, Thunder (and Summertime even though it's not on the album) it can also go in a jazzy direction.

There's also the possibility that Cherry Blossom got reworked into a string heavy cinematic track :brows:

Either way I'm excited cause I loved every bit of music we got so I expect greatness 

giphy.gif

"soon-ish" and "later" ... gawd why can seh NEVER do a normal announement? It's really annoying

However, I'm really positive about that album so far. We saw a teaser for a proper music video, have one of her most beautiful album covers ever and all of the songs we heard so far are EXTREMELY well-crafted. I think that this album could be the logical continuation to NFR, the songs resonate very well with the style she used on HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI.

I feel like CoCC was very similar to LFL in a lot of ways - overthought, too many last minute changes based on second thoughts, no solid concept and both kind of interfer with the cohesiveness of her discography. NFR feltlike a logical sequel to UV and HM, while Blue Banisters seems to follow NFR. LFL and CoCC kind of disturb that flow.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

On 7/4/2021 at 3:54 PM, The Stargirl Pinky said:

:omg: :paris: :wowcry: :ma:

24-CC3-FA1-D5-FD-42-BB-A49-D-C6-B47-D538

gramma says she'll leave the lights on for me

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, honeymo0n said:

I honestly don't mind (a few) piano tracks if they sound fresh and full (like French Restaurant)

@ ppl w music production knowledge: what is it about French Restaurant that makes it sound so freshhhhhhh:sluttybunny: :umadney: :trisha:

mUENGN9.png

Yeah French Restaurant is a great example of a piano song done RIGHT. There's a lot of elements in there. The verses are soft and sweet, then the big wave of emotion comes in during the chorus that keeps you clinging onto Lana's every last word. I hope we get more songs like that on BB, and I will admit that the new snippet gives me hope that these piano songs are going to have a more exciting edge to them. I can't say the same for BB or WW...they belong to COCC imo. Text Book is alright.

Other piano songs which are great:

You Must Love Me

Old Money

RBFY

Riverside

Fine China

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think the cover is very fitting and I'm happy she fed us with a snippet and cover and didn't give us another random date or stay silent like she used to do. That's a big improvement.

New single coming so I'm pretty sure we'll never get a full Blue Banisters video, it might not exist at all. :oopna2:

It kind of gives credit to my theory that it was unused footages from a canceled Let Me Love You Like A Woman video that was turned into the Jimmy Fallon performance:agree:

Anybody feels like editing a full music video for LLYLAW with that in mind ? 

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

the cover art excitement went away n i realized we have 4 piano flops and 2 songs we ve had for years:eartha2: im  physically sick of piano ballads. just when everyone said that she cant make another slow album after 2 slow albums, we get the slowest album in the universe. yes im having a meltdown again:kum:

Ur taste is a flop :hype: Stop expecting fking west coast.

Mmeow~

16 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

Ur taste is a flop :hype: Stop expecting fking west coast.

My hype stopped when she decided to add that ultraflop Cherry Blossom:oop2:

Ugh. Lana shouldn't underestimate the power of visuals... This cover made me love the 3 singles even more. They felt cheap with the picsart troll but when I look at THIS - it changes my perception. They feel more expensive and classic than NFR now :hype: And It's crazy how well Thunder works with it - just look at this and then play Thunder X_X ... Perfect. Btw. I think Blue Banisters may be a better album than NFR~

05147118c2c2de36f114f182f89bf880.1000x10

Mmeow~

Sex Book and Wildflower Wildfire. I love and i stan. The current BB is weak af as a title track. She can keep it and release a different BB. Thunder. It will always serve. But we've had it for a while, she can keep it too. CHERRY FLOP BLOSSOM IS A TRAGEDY. Sis has got to give it a rest with all the slow songs. My hope is that she's given us the bulk of the slow songs and now we get something different with a variety of instruments that does not only include piano. 

There, i said it. I spilled. I snapped. Drage me ho's. :smile4:

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

and.. why exactly? "shes 59 and matured, she doesnt want production anymore!!!!!!" shut the hell up

Period. We're not even asking for much. We just want a break with the slow piano. We need a good mix of other instruments, and a few songs with a decent pace. :oprah3:

4 hours ago, Lentilus said:

My hype stopped when she decided to add that ultraflop Cherry Blossom:oop2:

:twirls:

how dare you honey

i trusted you but now i lost my appreciation for you and your beautiful tastes

I don't know what happened

you were a good friend of mine

i thought that we were both choosed by the power of mind

of the yosemites cult

maybe @Lustformoney infected your good tastes i just don't know

the only thing that i know is that im disappointed

Mmeow~

Just now, Lentilus said:

@DeluluKing omg Chile!! Lol it's not that deep. Cherry blossom is cute but not alb worthy

tenor.gif

how dare you...

Cherry blossom is...

Even better than Yosemite

(or the same level)

This is her BEST SONG

(with Yosemite)

The best track she ever made and you say that it's not worthy? Questionable... Ofc she wants to put her best work on an album

Go stream this beautiful leak - truely the best we ever had

if Cherry Blossom will be on Blue Banisters - it's going to be easily the best track on the album

Mmeow~